Pacific Pulmonary Services

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014

2.8

Outside Sales Representative/PCC Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services.

I applied online and about one week later I received an email to schedule a phone screen. the initial phone screen consisted of a series of questions regarding my background and why I would be an asset to the company based on my past experiences. Went over pay and general duties, discussed the FBI situation. The interviewer asked if I had proof of past sales performance so after the call I emailed copies of accomplishments from my previous sales job along with a letter of recommendation. Next, the initial interviewer emailed me to set up an in person interview with the District Manager (DM). I met the DM at a cafe and went over my background, the position and territory, and how I would overcome challenges the job may present. The DM was extremely easy to talk to and answered all of my questions. I was contacted a few days later by the Regional Manager to set up a phone interview. Final interview consisted of STAR questions, questions to make sure I understood the role they were hiring for, and questions about my skills and how they could be applied to the PCC role (similar to first two interviews). They really want to make sure you are willing and able to form strong relationships and go above and beyond for healthcare staff to gain business and establish those solid relationships. Management also wants you to understand how competitive the industry is, and they want to know how you plan to gain business over competitors.

Interview Questions
    • Considering all things equal when compared to competition (products, price, etc.), how will you stand out and gain business?   View Answer
    • How did you keep yourself organized at your previous job?   View Answer

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services.

phone interview with recruiter, in person interview with manager, ride along with manager, phone interview with manager's manager

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services.

Interview with Recruiter, another DM and Senior Management

Interview Questions
    • None, just be ready to answer most common interviewer questions.   Answer Question
    I negotiated and was given an offer and accepted.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services.

HR called me and really liked my resume. Asked if I could come in 2 days later to interview with the Sales Manager. I told the HR person that this week was bad, but starting next week I was wide open. She said she would contact me with the managers schedule. I emailed her and still indicated she did not have the scedule. Never returned my emails after that.

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services in April 2012.

After finally connecting with the scheduler, PPS was very inflexible as to interview time and day. Got the impression "now or never". Interviewer took a personal phone call in the middle of interview. Interviewer could not answer several questions about the company. Initial Phone interview was a no show, then was rescheduled 3 times at their request = always an odd excuse. "We will be in touch next week" was not honored, recruiter wont return phone calls, 1:1 interviewer was abrupt and unprofessional when called regarding further information. Thought it was odd that "fun" was one of the most important guidelines in this company according to district manager.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services in April 2011.

Pacific Pulmonary was holding a job fair at a local hotel in the area and I decided to apply. There were two people interviewing applicants in a room. The one on one interview consisted of regular questions such as job history and the most difficult/stressful situation I had ever dealt with in my recent job. I received a follow up call the next day letting me know that they had chosen me as one of the twenty applicants and that they would be sending me a link to an assessment. The assessment consisted of two personality tests and one skills test which dealt with simulated calls. In order to pass the simulated call test you must choose answers that promote the sale of an item. The email with the link stated they would contact me within 2 business days and this never occurred so I emailed them and soon after I received an automated response letting me know that they had seriously reviewed my qualifications, but that there were better candidates fit for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most stressful situation you ever dealt with at your prior/present job and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services in January 2011.

Sent an email regarding an open house interview. Interviewed 1:1 and told that I had advanced to the second round and needed to take the IQ test. A second interview was then scheduled and then abruptly cancelled less than 3 hours beforehand. Very confusing.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services in October 2010.

The hiring process was ok. The manager was a lazy guy and seemed so bored during the interview. He got fired just after me getting hired and the office staff seemed miserable within the first few days that I started working. The manager read the values from the company which were good values, but nobody follows them! Probably the worst interview I had been in because the management is not trained on the hiring process properly!

Interview Questions
    If you are hurting for a job take the offer. Very flexible but prepare yourself for illogical management.

Customer Service Representative III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services in May 2010.

First interview was an open interview where you could just come and sign up. From there I interviewed with the HR rep and after a few days I got a call to come in for a one on one interview. That lasted about 20 min and they asked some general questions and right after the interview I had to complete an online test and within a few days i got called and accepted the job.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services in January 2010.

Initial interview was interesting - was called to come in, met with the district manager as the position was open. He had been the prior BM. Waited for a half hour as he was on a conference call. Once that was completed, we spoke for a bit then toured the branch. Very run-down, dirty facility. This was followed by another interview with a regional manager a few weeks later at a local hotel. This did not go well at all - she was very abrupt, made it clear that my age was an issue for her and my experience meant nothing to her.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle incomplete paperwork from referrals?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when a patient was upset and wanted to switch companies. How did you handle that?   Answer Question