Pacific Pulmonary Services Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
22 interviews

2.8

Outside Sales Representative/PCC Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services.

I applied online and about one week later I received an email to schedule a phone screen. the initial phone screen consisted of a series of questions regarding my background and why I would be an asset to the company based on my past experiences. Went over pay and general duties, discussed the FBI situation. The interviewer asked if I had proof of past sales performance so after the call I emailed copies of accomplishments from my previous sales job along with a letter of recommendation. Next, the initial interviewer emailed me to set up an in person interview with the District Manager (DM). I met the DM at a cafe and went over my background, the position and territory, and how I would overcome challenges the job may present. The DM was extremely easy to talk to and answered all of my questions. I was contacted a few days later by the Regional Manager to set up a phone interview. Final interview consisted of STAR questions, questions to make sure I understood the role they were hiring for, and questions about my skills and how they could be applied to the PCC role (similar to first two interviews). They really want to make sure you are willing and able to form strong relationships and go above and beyond for healthcare staff to gain business and establish those solid relationships. Management also wants you to understand how competitive the industry is, and they want to know how you plan to gain business over competitors.

Interview Questions
    • Considering all things equal when compared to competition (products, price, etc.), how will you stand out and gain business?   View Answer
    • How did you keep yourself organized at your previous job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I interviewed online - interviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services.

phone interview with recruiter, in person interview with manager, ride along with manager, phone interview with manager's manager

District Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services.

Interview with Recruiter, another DM and Senior Management

Interview Questions
    • None, just be ready to answer most common interviewer questions.   Answer Question
    I negotiated and was given an offer and accepted.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services in March 2009.

The process started with an interview with the Senior Director and then another with the Regional Vice President. Before all of this you take a Taleo personality/aptitude type test to assess your suitability for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you would be better suited for the position than others applying with significant industry experience?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Merced, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services in October 2010.

The hiring process was ok. The manager was a lazy guy and seemed so bored during the interview. He got fired just after me getting hired and the office staff seemed miserable within the first few days that I started working. The manager read the values from the company which were good values, but nobody follows them! Probably the worst interview I had been in because the management is not trained on the hiring process properly!

Interview Questions
    If you are hurting for a job take the offer. Very flexible but prepare yourself for illogical management.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services.

HR called me and really liked my resume. Asked if I could come in 2 days later to interview with the Sales Manager. I told the HR person that this week was bad, but starting next week I was wide open. She said she would contact me with the managers schedule. I emailed her and still indicated she did not have the scedule. Never returned my emails after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services in June 2008.

Situation Interview. Be prepared to answer situational questions, take a personality test, and wait. You will have 1 to 3 interviews with managers and coworkers. Not too bad of a process.

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Bend, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services in April 2012.

After finally connecting with the scheduler, PPS was very inflexible as to interview time and day. Got the impression "now or never". Interviewer took a personal phone call in the middle of interview. Interviewer could not answer several questions about the company. Initial Phone interview was a no show, then was rescheduled 3 times at their request = always an odd excuse. "We will be in touch next week" was not honored, recruiter wont return phone calls, 1:1 interviewer was abrupt and unprofessional when called regarding further information. Thought it was odd that "fun" was one of the most important guidelines in this company according to district manager.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services in January 2010.

Initial interview was interesting - was called to come in, met with the district manager as the position was open. He had been the prior BM. Waited for a half hour as he was on a conference call. Once that was completed, we spoke for a bit then toured the branch. Very run-down, dirty facility. This was followed by another interview with a regional manager a few weeks later at a local hotel. This did not go well at all - she was very abrupt, made it clear that my age was an issue for her and my experience meant nothing to her.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle incomplete paperwork from referrals?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when a patient was upset and wanted to switch companies. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pacific Pulmonary Services in January 2009.

Talk with HR director. If selected phone interview with manager. If selected to move on to the next step you will take a chally test. Then one on one interview. If selected you will be offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you stay with the company for at least 6 months?   View Answer

Worked for Pacific Pulmonary Services? Contribute to the Community!