Pacific Science Center Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2014

2.2

IMAX Concessions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Pacific Science Center in November 2014.

They posted on their own site, which you sign up for, then you post a resume, fill out the online application & then wait. I got a email reply for 1-on-2 interview with the 2 managers. There was suppose to be a group interview but I was not able to attend, hence the private interview. The managers are friendly & knew that this was seasonal & wanted to make sure that everyone knew this. Easy process.

Summer Camps Assistant Teacher Interview

I was emailed almost immediately after submitting an application online to schedule a group interview. Lead teachers and assistant teachers were all being interviewed at the same time with around 15 people per group. We were asked many behavior and "what if" or "what would you do" type questions. Then we were given an example of a lesson plan and had to prepare a lesson and give it in front of the group.

Interview Questions
    • it was very difficult but the most important part is probably having to do a lesson plan in front of the whole group.   Answer Question

Controller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pacific Science Center in October 2013.

Extensive phone screening with HR. In person interview with Executive Director and entire accounting staff plus a couple of peers. There was a strict script the panel interview group used, with each one reading a question in turn. I understand the need to be consistent but it was a very clinical experience.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question about if there was missing cash how I would go about reconciling the discrepancy.   Answer Question

King Tut Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Science Center in October 2012.

You can apply on-line for any position. I was contacted initially by email, followed up by a phone confirmation by the H.R. supervisor. My first contact face to face was with the Human Resource Department Head, who also present at my initial interview. My second interview was with my soon to be direct supervisor. Both people were very engaged in the process, listening and contributing to the conversation. Employee orientation was in a small group and also on a very personal level.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were about how I would solve different kinds of interpersonal problems. Since almost all of the job involves contact with the general public, I was asked how I would respond to various situations involving the public.   View Answer

Guest Services Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pacific Science Center in August 2012.

Submitted an online application, including optional cover letter.
    Invited to group interview with 19 others, for 4 openings. Questions included customer service scenarios, questions about policy enforcement and how to deal with difficult customers, and a cash-handling simulation. Recruiters did their best to make the process fun; it was clear they wanted you to interact well with the other candidates as well as do well answering their questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you behave with difficult customers/members?   View Answer
    No negotiation--hourly wage set.

Guest Services Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pacific Science Center in May 2011.

Group interview consisting of role-playing and small group discussion. Role-playing included cashiering transactions with fake money following a list of prices. Being able to do math in your head will help. There is also a lot of movement around the room, so dress appropriately. Most of the other people at the interview were very young. You will be asked at the end to write down who of the others in the group you would hire.

Interview Questions
    • If you woke up feeling sick and were scheduled for an evening shift, what would you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation available.

Usher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pacific Science Center in April 2008.

craigslist, interview in person, hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work for the pacific science center   Answer Question