Pacific Science Center

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Camps Assistant Teacher Interview

Interviewed at Pacific Science Center

Interview Details – I was emailed almost immediately after submitting an application online to schedule a group interview. Lead teachers and assistant teachers were all being interviewed at the same time with around 15 people per group. We were asked many behavior and "what if" or "what would you do" type questions. Then we were given an example of a lesson plan and had to prepare a lesson and give it in front of the group.

Interview Question – it was very difficult but the most important part is probably having to do a lesson plan in front of the whole group.   Answer Question

Guest Services Cashier Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pacific Science Center in August 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted an online application, including optional cover letter.
Invited to group interview with 19 others, for 4 openings. Questions included customer service scenarios, questions about policy enforcement and how to deal with difficult customers, and a cash-handling simulation. Recruiters did their best to make the process fun; it was clear they wanted you to interact well with the other candidates as well as do well answering their questions.

Interview Question – How would you behave with difficult customers/members?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation--hourly wage set.

King Tut Ambassador Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Science Center in October 2012.

Interview Details – You can apply on-line for any position. I was contacted initially by email, followed up by a phone confirmation by the H.R. supervisor. My first contact face to face was with the Human Resource Department Head, who also present at my initial interview. My second interview was with my soon to be direct supervisor. Both people were very engaged in the process, listening and contributing to the conversation. Employee orientation was in a small group and also on a very personal level.

Interview Question – Most questions were about how I would solve different kinds of interpersonal problems. Since almost all of the job involves contact with the general public, I was asked how I would respond to various situations involving the public.   View Answer

Usher Interview

Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Pacific Science Center in April 2008.

Interview Details – craigslist, interview in person, hired on the spot

Interview Question – why do you want to work for the pacific science center   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pacific Science Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Science Center interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Science Center employees and interview candidates.