Pacific Sunwear Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

The Interview was easy, it was more of a how do you fit with our company, and what assets do you provide for us, standard retail questions for part time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in September 2013.

I had one interview with store manager. it was a group interview. with me and one other girl who got hired as well. We got asked questions about work experience, education history and interest in fashion.Then we were asked to pick out an outfit we thought he would wear based on his appearance, after that we picked out a girls outfit. Once that was done with we filled out info for a background check.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to chose to steal one thing out of a leather jacket, socks, or bubble gum which would you choose?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in June 2013.

I contacted the local District Manager through a friend in an effort to obtain a management position. We spoke over the phone which was more of a screening process to see if I'd be worth interviewing. He then let me know what positions were available in the area and set me up to interview with a local store manager. That interview took approximately 45 minutes. She then let me know that I would be notified soon of their decision. I was called within 48 hours with an offer.

No room to negotiate pay or schedule upon hire. The DM gives you an offer. You take it or you go.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Come prepared even when you hand in an application was an on the spot interview I was asked the basic questions like why should we hire you what position and why did you apply to pacsun

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leesburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in July 2014.

I went into the store and asked for an application.The next day when i turned it in the manager asked me to come the next day for an interview.The interview was me and another applicant.The questions were simple like Why do i want to work their? What makes customer wanna come back? How would you welcome a customer?How to prevent theft? and then she gave us a situation and find an outfit for her.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hawthorne, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

The PacSun interview is very basic. The questions range from why do you think you are fit for the job to how well do you work under the pressure. You do not get the opportunity to negotiate wages it is minimum wage, of course. I was told I'd get a call back for the job the day of the interview, my next appearance at PacSun was for training.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about up-selling a pair of jeans?   View Answer
    Nothing to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

I applied to Pacsun on a Tuesday and the manager asked if I had any retail experience, I said yes so he offered me an interview for Thursday (2 days later). When I went in on Thursday it was a group interview with 2 other girls. They were dressed more laid back and I dressed up a bit more. I started talking to them showing I was outgoing and friendly. He took us to a sitting area and asked us to state our name and say a joke or sing a line of a song. I was hella nervous so my voice shook. But talking to the other girls made all of us feel more comfortable. Then he asked about our experience and asked us why we want to work at PacSun and told us information about the position. We then needed to pick an outfit for a guy in the store, all of use had a different style/situation type of guy. It was super fun! After we showed our outfits to the managers he said he would contact us by Monday. Less than 10 minutes later I got the call for the job! So just be really outgoing and relaxed. Show you're a better candidate, answer your questions throughly (I should have done that more but oh well).

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Pacsun?
      Name some trends going on?
      What experience do you have?
      What is your style? (something like that)
      What is influential selling?
        View Answer

Brand Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Hiring process was fine. We had a group interview in the food court. The hiring manager asked questions, and we took turns answering. The questions were easy, but come up with several answers, because you'll find that someone before you has given pretty much the same answer!

Interview Questions
    • At the time, the hardest was "how do you deal with a person you don't get along with?"   View Answer
    No negotiation. Just a part-time high school job. Minimum wage was wonderful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buford, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in May 2010.

The interview was informal. It lasted about 30 min and had several different types of questions. It was held outside of the store on some chairs in the mall. The interview style was laid back. It seems like they're looking for someone who is comfortable talking to all types of people.

FT Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

I applied to an ad on Craigslist, I contacted the District Manager. She had then scheduled me an RSVP Interview for the Hiring Event they were holding. During the hiring Event you go through 2 interview processes.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficulty question that a manager should know how to answer   Answer Question

Worked for Pacific Sunwear? Contribute to the Community!