Pacific Sunwear

Average Difficulty
96 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview Details – I applied to Pacsun on a Tuesday and the manager asked if I had any retail experience, I said yes so he offered me an interview for Thursday (2 days later). When I went in on Thursday it was a group interview with 2 other girls. They were dressed more laid back and I dressed up a bit more. I started talking to them showing I was outgoing and friendly. He took us to a sitting area and asked us to state our name and say a joke or sing a line of a song. I was hella nervous so my voice shook. But talking to the other girls made all of us feel more comfortable. Then he asked about our experience and asked us why we want to work at PacSun and told us information about the position. We then needed to pick an outfit for a guy in the store, all of use had a different style/situation type of guy. It was super fun! After we showed our outfits to the managers he said he would contact us by Monday. Less than 10 minutes later I got the call for the job! So just be really outgoing and relaxed. Show you're a better candidate, answer your questions throughly (I should have done that more but oh well).

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Pacsun?
Name some trends going on?
What experience do you have?
What is your style? (something like that)
What is influential selling?
  View Answer

Brand Representative Interview

Brand Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fine. We had a group interview in the food court. The hiring manager asked questions, and we took turns answering. The questions were easy, but come up with several answers, because you'll find that someone before you has given pretty much the same answer!

Interview Question – At the time, the hardest was "how do you deal with a person you don't get along with?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Just a part-time high school job. Minimum wage was wonderful.

Buford, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was informal. It lasted about 30 min and had several different types of questions. It was held outside of the store on some chairs in the mall. The interview style was laid back. It seems like they're looking for someone who is comfortable talking to all types of people.

Interview Question – What are some of your favorite bands?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

FT Assistant Manager Interview

FT Assistant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview Details – I applied to an ad on Craigslist, I contacted the District Manager. She had then scheduled me an RSVP Interview for the Hiring Event they were holding. During the hiring Event you go through 2 interview processes.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficulty question that a manager should know how to answer   Answer Question

FT Assistant Manager Interview

FT Assistant Manager
West Boothbay Ha, ME

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through the Store Manager at the time. She gave me an on the spot interview upon handing in the application and loved me. She forwarded my information to the DM, and the DM contacted me a few days later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview going well, the DM set up a face to face and the offer was over the phone 3 days later.

Interview Question – What's the first thing you're going to do on your first day in your new role?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Shoot high. If they want you, they'll pay!

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in August 2012.

Interview Details – Found job posting on craigslist and sent my resume. Received response from DM about a month or so later. The interview process was pretty straightforward. Interviewed with a store manager at a top door (behavior based questions: what would you do in this situation, describe a tough associate you've had in the past, etc) and then passed on to the DM for a second "interview" which was more like a casual conversation. Had a phone interview with the regional director which was another casual conversation and had the job offer soon after.

Interview Question – None of the questions were hard. It was very straight forward and typical "whats your management style" "describe a situation where ______" type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The DM responded with a salary within my acceptable range and I was happy.

Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in April 2010.

Interview Details – I went into the store to place my application. I spoke with one of the managers and she set up an interview time for the next week. I went in and had a group interview with one other girl for the position. We went to the back to have our interviews. The interview was primarily about what our personal style was and what we thought was trending right now. After the interview the manager asked me to hang around to fill out a background check. After a few weeks of waiting for the background check, they called me to say that I passed the background check and that I had the job.

Interview Question – What is the most popular trend in accessories right now?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was extremely casual. The manager took me to a nearby cafe and we sat at a table and had a casual conversation. All of the questions were pretty basic: what does customer service mean to you, what would you do if..., what is your biggest strength/weakness, etc. Overall, I felt comfortable because the manager was so down to earth.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Orange, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a relatively simple process… unfortunately, this is one of the first interviews I've ever experienced, so I was too nervous to make a good impression. Went in, asked for an application, and got scheduled for an interview on the spot. The interview was a group one, and began with us introducing ourselves. We were then asked about the last time we showed leadership, and were asked to pick two items from the store and sell them to the group. We ended with a game where we all went around in a circle and tried naming as many PacSun brands that we could. They said they would get back to us in two weeks if we got the position. Altogether, the most important piece of advice I could give is DON'T STRESS because one thing the manager seemed to respond most positively to was someone who was easygoing and confident… overall, have a chill attitude and be positive and you have a pretty good chance of getting the job.

Interview Question – When was the last time you showed leadership?   Answer Question

Intern - Store Operations - Video Production Interview

Intern - Store Operations - Video Production

I applied online and interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview Details – Tell me about yourself?
Why do you want to work for them?
Strengths?
Weaknesses?
Why are you interested in this industry?
What are you looking to get out of this experience?

Interview Question – What about the company do you like?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pacific Sunwear

Worked for Pacific Sunwear? Contribute to the Community!

Pacific Sunwear Videos

Pacific Sunwear – Why Work for Us?

Since our first days as a Newport Beach surf shop, PacSun has been celebrating the creativity and diversity of California for more than 30 years. With over 600 stores across the United States and an impressive roster of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Sunwear interview questions and advice. All 96 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Sunwear employees and interview candidates.