Pacific Sunwear Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.1

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview

Waited a few weeks between handing in physical resume and heard nothing. Called the store to check status of application and was asked to come in later that day. A couple of basic questions later, I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Columbus, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Just finished my first interview. I wish I could have done better. It was very easy-going though. I was in the store with the two managers & I had to pick out an outfit for the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They let me know that they were only actually hiring for seasonal positions at the end of the interview. It kind of hurt me. I really would like to work with them permanently, but
    a temp job is better than no job and hopefully working temp can transition into permanence if I work hard enough at it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. Easy questions. Everyone in the group was very nice and the interview felt like a group conversation. After the interview I was called 20 minutes later to come into the store to give them my SSN for a background check sometime that week. I came in the day after my interview and was offered the job. Just be yourself, smile, and don't be super uptight. it's a very relaxed environment. The only difficult part for me was the final part of the interview which was to pick clothes out for an employee.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here at PacSun instead of stores like tilly's, zumies, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Maple Grove, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

You go into the store and get a sheet where you fill out the basic information about yourself. Your name, contact information, how you hear about the opening, and what kind of job you are looking for. It also asks about your previous employment, or volunteer work if you haven't had any formal employment, which is great for teens looking for a first job. After you turn in the sheet, they will either tell you to call back in a certain amount of time or tell you they will get back to you. If they decide to give you an interview, when you contact them they will set one up. It is a 1 on 1, in-store interview. They have you pick out a few outfits, and then ask you some questions regarding what you like about the store, and how you would handle certain situations. After the interview, they ask if you have any questions, and then they tell you that they will get back to you within a week. Fairly easy, but it is important that you put effort towards your outfit choices and how you answer questions. Overall, be easy going and nice! That's what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are some current trends that you are seeing?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (San Marcos, TX).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and set up an interview. After waiting 20 min past or scheduled meeting the manager finally showed. Before going any farther I was told the position was filled and if hey decided not to go with that applicant I wouldn't get it anyway because I would be outsourced.

Interview Questions

• How old are you?   1 Answer
    • What salary are you looking at to make? (This is the first interview)   1 Answer
    • You had been previously employed with us, how do you feel other people in the store would take it if you came back as their boss.   Answer Question
    • If you had to performance manage anyone out who are you 4 back fill people.   Answer Question
    • What can you offer the company?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel qualified for this position????   Answer Question
    • How did the interview go??   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave Pacsun in the first place?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear in May 2015.

Interview

I came in to do some shopping. When I was ready to get ringed up, I asked if they were hiring and turned in an application on spot. Got called later that day for interview. During my interview, I had high energy, did some role play, and was asked about the brands and today's trends. Did a follow up couple days later and here I am

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always have great energy to give off good vibes, know your trends, be open minded

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. They seem to through interviewees off by having a group interview but don't let that stop you. Become knowledgeable of brands in the store and of what things are being sold. This company likes to dress their customers from head to toe.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

So when the test of how to pic out an out fit look at what deals are around you with on the store. For instance some items are buy one get one half/free. So remember to grab another garment so that the customer receives the benefit of the sale. And always picot something trendy: fabrics, trends, colors ect...

FT Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview

very friendly and personal, understanding about why I wanted a new job.when your going for a manager position you have a interview with the district manager . So you really only have one interview but i got the job offer to right after my interview. I stock it was that fast but I was super stoke

Interview Questions

• they just ask about past jobs and why would i make a good manager and what do i have to bring to the table   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Anaheim, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a good experience with the whole recruiting process. The recruiter was really responsive and she provided excellent feedback. The interview with the hiring managers went well and they didn't make me feel uncomfortable. Although I wasn't offered the position, the sincerity the recruiter showed and the positive feedback received from the hiring managers made me feel at ease with their decision.

Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview

HR reached out via email and then did not remember what position they were calling me for. The company requires that you take a retail math test (all basic questions but make sure you can calculate an OTB scenario) and also prepare a trend project...I found this to be pretty obnoxious and time consuming to ask for once you are past a certain level in your career. The senior management scheduled on the interview were stuck in meetings and did not show up. I was left to be interviewed solely by team members with an equal level of experience. HR called to reject me which was a totally awkward conversation that they could have easily put in an email. They gave me no constructive feedback other than that it was not a good fit. I just wanted to hang up. While the company prides themselves on recent comp successes their stock price and credit stability remain questionable.The process was a total waste of time.