Pacific Sunwear

Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in July 2014.

I went into the store and asked for an application.The next day when i turned it in the manager asked me to come the next day for an interview.The interview was me and another applicant.The questions were simple like Why do i want to work their? What makes customer wanna come back? How would you welcome a customer?How to prevent theft? and then she gave us a situation and find an outfit for her.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

I applied to Pacsun on a Tuesday and the manager asked if I had any retail experience, I said yes so he offered me an interview for Thursday (2 days later). When I went in on Thursday it was a group interview with 2 other girls. They were dressed more laid back and I dressed up a bit more. I started talking to them showing I was outgoing and friendly. He took us to a sitting area and asked us to state our name and say a joke or sing a line of a song. I was hella nervous so my voice shook. But talking to the other girls made all of us feel more comfortable. Then he asked about our experience and asked us why we want to work at PacSun and told us information about the position. We then needed to pick an outfit for a guy in the store, all of use had a different style/situation type of guy. It was super fun! After we showed our outfits to the managers he said he would contact us by Monday. Less than 10 minutes later I got the call for the job! So just be really outgoing and relaxed. Show you're a better candidate, answer your questions throughly (I should have done that more but oh well).

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Pacsun?
      Name some trends going on?
      What experience do you have?
      What is your style? (something like that)
      What is influential selling?

View Answer

Brand Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Hiring process was fine. We had a group interview in the food court. The hiring manager asked questions, and we took turns answering. The questions were easy, but come up with several answers, because you'll find that someone before you has given pretty much the same answer!

Interview Questions
    • At the time, the hardest was "how do you deal with a person you don't get along with?"   View Answer
    No negotiation. Just a part-time high school job. Minimum wage was wonderful.

FT Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

I applied to an ad on Craigslist, I contacted the District Manager. She had then scheduled me an RSVP Interview for the Hiring Event they were holding. During the hiring Event you go through 2 interview processes.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficulty question that a manager should know how to answer   Answer Question

Intern - Store Operations - Video Production Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Tell me about yourself?
    Why do you want to work for them?
    Strengths?
    Weaknesses?
    Why are you interested in this industry?
    What are you looking to get out of this experience?

Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MN

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

First interview was a group interview. We watched a video and then the store manager talked about the store and what they expect from brand reps. Questions asking us about past work experiences in customer service were asked. I was called later that week and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to pretend to sell a pair of jeans to a customer.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Was recruited by the exiting Store Manager. District Manager was in town interviewing candidates the next day and appointment was scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • Why was I ready to take the next step into this company?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear in April 2014.

It was a relatively simple process… unfortunately, this is one of the first interviews I've ever experienced, so I was too nervous to make a good impression. Went in, asked for an application, and got scheduled for an interview on the spot. The interview was a group one, and began with us introducing ourselves. We were then asked about the last time we showed leadership, and were asked to pick two items from the store and sell them to the group. We ended with a game where we all went around in a circle and tried naming as many PacSun brands that we could. They said they would get back to us in two weeks if we got the position. Altogether, the most important piece of advice I could give is DON'T STRESS because one thing the manager seemed to respond most positively to was someone who was easygoing and confident… overall, have a chill attitude and be positive and you have a pretty good chance of getting the job.

Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

called by internal HR recruiter 3 months after online application. nice phone conversation. called back 2 weeks later to see if I was still interested in job. set me up with another phone interview with another product developer. that conversation went well. HR Recruiter called back a week later to set up a 1:1 interview with the director of the dept. When I got there, the director had no idea who I was, she had never even seen my resume until that morning as she sat down to speak with me. Then after reviewing my resume for a minute or two she asked why I applied for an assistant position. I hadn't applied for an assistant position. I applied for the management position since I have over 15 years of experience. The recruiter was clearly inept at her job and failed to see that someone with 15 years of product development and Management experience was way beyond and over qualified for an assistant position. The director indicated that I would not be happy as an assistant, and she was right, I wouldn't. So the next day the little 20 year old recruiter called me back with her nasty attitude, and told me they passed. She was clearly upset that she had screwed up.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult, easy straight forward interview. but a complete waste of my time and the directors since I was clearly over qualified for the position the recruiter sent me in for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Got recommended by my friend who was their employee already. They decide the minute you hand in the application whether they even want you to come back for an interview or not. During the interview, they will usually ask you to pick an outfit and tell them why you picked the outfit.

Interview Questions
    • Not sure, I don't really remember as it happened awhile ago   Answer Question
    They just told me how much they were going to pay me and when they expected me to start