Pacific Sunwear

Relevance Date Difficulty

Brand Representative Interview

Brand Representative
Wyomissing, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview Details – i had 1 interview and they usually know who they want based off of that group, rarely a private interview unless you know someone

Interview Question – no difficult questions what you expect a clothing store to ask   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none everyone is the same

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview Details – It was pretty simple and straight forward. I walked into the store and asked if they were hiring, the manager was working and gave me an application. I filled out the application and returned it same day and was scheduled for interview two days later.

Interview Question – The manager asked if I knew any brands that were based in California and if i knew what type of store PacSun was considered as.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had previous retail experience and another offer from a similar store so they offered me more than the other store had previously offered me.

Senior Sales Associate/Lead Sales Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in March 2012.

Interview Details – ---Being interviewed---
I interviewed for a Sales Associate position several times over the course of one year. All of them were group interviews. They were either intimidating or offered a chance to shine and present yourself. I managed to completely butcher my final interview, but the manager acknowledged my passion for the company, image, brands and work ethic. I was offered the job and I've clearly done nothing but impress them!

---Hosting an interview----
I was given the opportunity to run several one-on-one interviews for black friday/seasonal associates, pull together promising applicants and organize group interviews based on experience/portfolios. With it being directly before the holiday rush and it being my first time, there were a few minor details that were missed and a few call-backs that had to be dealt with one-on-one.
The company has a several page hiring document for relevant talent organized into 4 categories with several questions each. Categories such as situations, customer interactions, opinions and "have you ever" sort of questions. As long as you're confident, enthusiastic, personable and well worded you seriously have nothing to worry about.
I advise reading up on the brands and actually developing an "affinity for the product". (company verbag)

Interview Question – My personal favorite to ask is actually a roll-play/selling exorcise where you have each person pick out 2 articles of clothing. One they think is awesome and they may want and one that is just awful and shouldn't be sold in the store. When they come back they sell each item to me or another associate. It's almost an improve act but proves how promising the talent may truly be when under pressure.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in September 2010.

Interview Details – Scheduled initial (and only) interview. Wore black dress pants and solid light blue dress shirt. Discussed previous employment and job responsibilities and expectations (at the cash wrap) while customers and employees were on the sales floor. After the (7 minute long) interview, a start date for the assistant manager position was selected.

Interview Question – There was not a difficult or unexpected question asked during the interview. It was simple and short.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – An almost immediate start date was negotiated. I would advise anybody interviewed for the assistant manager position to negotiate at least $3-$4 higher an hour salary, also try to negotiate benefits.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in February 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview will ask you question on being a team player, able to sell, and a overall good attitude.

Interview Question – Find a wardrobe for a male and a female.   View Answer

Senior Sales Manager Interview

Senior Sales Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview Details – So, the structure of the new interview process has changed. The way how it is now, if you get want to get hired off season, (via holiday, back to school & spring break) its important to have a complete application, and a resume. Although a resume is not required... it makes you look way better.. i'm you dropping it off to a store manger make sure you have a spark, dress on brand. A great tip to get hired.. if a friend wants to shop there, go with them help them out!! The end of check out ask for an app! If you want there looking for great extra step. As for the actual interview; its very structured. You get ask a series of questions regrading customer service and such. If you have shopped before and know what its like to experience great customer service you will be golden. Note sales are huge with Pacsun so its important that you comfortable talking to people and putting yourself out there.. if your not you might suffer.. in say that questions about you sales methods will be asked as well.

Interview Question – How will you improve our company.   Answer Question

Brand Representative Interview

Brand Representative
Lakeland, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in January 2011.

Interview Details – Was a group interview with 6 people, was fairly relaxed, one dude was wearing a bowler hat with some weird vest thing, so I am guessing they don't expect a shirt and tie. Questions were more geared towards product and brand awareness. I was the only one without previous PacSun experience and the only one hired from that panel, so I would imagine the interview is fairly selective.

Interview Question – Literally asked what clothing the store sells as well as which of it we like and do not like.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Talked up .25 cents an hour from previous retail job.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Brandon, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview Details – I was called in for a group interview. We sat in a circle and the assistant manager asked us all a question. It was basically dog eat dog at answering. The key was to basically answer quickly, efficiently, and loudly. The interviewer asked up questions in regards to handing customers, loss prevention, and the types of clothing in the store.

Interview Question – One question that i recall was being able to name as many of the brands that PacSun carries. We went around in a circle and everyone stated a brand, and the next person had to state a different brand.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy. It was a seasonal job. They offered me the job 2 days after the group interview.

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Senior Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in November 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview, about six people. Manager asks questions about retail, current fashions, customer service , plenty "what would you do' situations. Had to go into store and create an outfit for a team member and explain why we chose it for them.

Interview Question – What would you do in a situation where a customer is unsatisfied with their items & comes to return them without the receipt, but they insist that they want to return it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Go for it, plenty of growth opportunities, great home office. DMs & higher ups are really encouraging and make the stores feel like one big team.

Concord, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in July 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy, simple interview and highlight of skills

Interview Question – What would you do if someone stole an item   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation