Pacific Sunwear Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015
Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.1

Unprofessional Human Resources Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview

HR recruiter called me to interview for a product developer position, I have more than 15 years of Senior product development and management experience. Day of interview hiring manager had no idea who I was and interview was set up for assistant position!

Interview Questions

• Why would you apply for an assistant position?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview

Interviewed with peer store manager, then presented my business(As Current Assistant Store Manager) and was offered the position without additional interview.

Interview Questions

• It was a very conversational interview. Created life long friendships with my peers, supervisors and corporate partners.   Answer Question

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Wyomissing, PA).

Interview

i had 1 interview and they usually know who they want based off of that group, rarely a private interview unless you know someone

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions what you expect a clothing store to ask   Answer Question

Negotiation

none everyone is the same

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview

It was pretty simple and straight forward. I walked into the store and asked if they were hiring, the manager was working and gave me an application. I filled out the application and returned it same day and was scheduled for interview two days later.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked if I knew any brands that were based in California and if i knew what type of store PacSun was considered as.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had previous retail experience and another offer from a similar store so they offered me more than the other store had previously offered me.

Senior Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview

So, the structure of the new interview process has changed. The way how it is now, if you get want to get hired off season, (via holiday, back to school & spring break) its important to have a complete application, and a resume. Although a resume is not required... it makes you look way better.. i'm you dropping it off to a store manger make sure you have a spark, dress on brand. A great tip to get hired.. if a friend wants to shop there, go with them help them out!! The end of check out ask for an app! If you want there looking for great extra step. As for the actual interview; its very structured. You get ask a series of questions regrading customer service and such. If you have shopped before and know what its like to experience great customer service you will be golden. Note sales are huge with Pacsun so its important that you comfortable talking to people and putting yourself out there.. if your not you might suffer.. in say that questions about you sales methods will be asked as well.

ECommerce Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear in January 2014.

Interview

The person interviewing me was very professional and was through. I would love to work here but the pay and benefits were not worth it. Maybe it was the position I was going for but I would defiantly loved to work here otherwise.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Brandon, FL).

Interview

I was called in for a group interview. We sat in a circle and the assistant manager asked us all a question. It was basically dog eat dog at answering. The key was to basically answer quickly, efficiently, and loudly. The interviewer asked up questions in regards to handing customers, loss prevention, and the types of clothing in the store.

Interview Questions

• One question that i recall was being able to name as many of the brands that PacSun carries. We went around in a circle and everyone stated a brand, and the next person had to state a different brand.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. It was a seasonal job. They offered me the job 2 days after the group interview.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Grove City, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

Very simple process. One face to face interview and two phone interviews. No questions about the company or product itself, just soft skills required for management. (Ie. Team building, operational efficiency, merchandising, building talent and, developing others) Very easy for someone with retail management experience.

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear in November 2013.

Interview

Group interview, about six people. Manager asks questions about retail, current fashions, customer service , plenty "what would you do' situations. Had to go into store and create an outfit for a team member and explain why we chose it for them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where a customer is unsatisfied with their items & comes to return them without the receipt, but they insist that they want to return it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Go for it, plenty of growth opportunities, great home office. DMs & higher ups are really encouraging and make the stores feel like one big team.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear (West Covina, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by both the district manager and store manger of a different store. Questions were really about what I like to do for fun, music i listen too, and my experience as a manager in past jobs.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the table that the other candidates cannot?   1 Answer