Pacific Sunwear

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.1

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Firs step they will have a a face interview. My interview sucked, manager said it was pointless to ask all the questions lasted about Two minutes. He then told me I would have a phone interview with a store manager from another store... The second interview was amazing really nice. Asked me what my top three brands were my favorite that they sold. The final interview was with district manager. He was really cool seemed young. He asked me what experience I have and such.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was what too three brands are my favorite that they sell. So keep in mind that if u apply when u have your interview be prepared to answer that question.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

A relatively quick one-on-one interview with the manager, mostly to verify information for the job application. No real in depth questions about prior experience. The questions mostly focused on verification of previous employment and verification of information on the application. Since it was around the holidays, the desire to hire addition help regardless of qualifications and prior experience was at a high. Getting the job was easy, and the process was rushed and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. The questions were very generic and to the point.   Answer Question
    Pay was market rate, hours seemed random, but were based on an expected level of business. Pay requests were declined, days off requests were ignored; overall, there were no real room for negotiations.

PacSun Seasonal Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Right so, since Glassdoor helped me know what to expect from my interview, I figured I'd better add my experience. I turned in my application and introduced myself to the assistant manager and she told me they'd be having group interviews the next week. I got a call the following Tuesday, telling me the interviews would be Wednesday at 2 and 3. I went to the 3 pm interviews. There were three people there besides me. It was really laid back. Everyone was friendly and it was a relaxed environment. The interview was honestly pretty fun. We interviewed with the manager (?) and at first it was open discussion, then we took alternating turns. Some of the questions were how much money can you take until it's stealing, what are your two favorite brands that we carry, what are some current clothing trends for boys and for girls, and tell me about the last time you were dependable and what does being dependable mean to you. After the discussion we went back to the store and she had us go into teams and we had to pick out a full outfit for our partner. Then we showed her our outfits and explained why we chose them.

Interview Questions
    • What can you say to greet a customer to attract their attention/differentiate yourself from run-of-the-mill workers?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, took the wages I was offered (I got this job to supplement another part-time).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

i already had an application on hand so i immediately went to the store with my resume. so as I go in the store I go talk to a woman who happened to be the assistant manager or something like that, and I handed her my app an resume and she asked me a couple questions right then about my previous work experience and why I wanted to work there. then she set me up a group interview the following Friday. during the interview there were two other girls, and we just decided to group around some place in the mall, standing of course. we went down the line and got asked the usual questions mainly customer service. but it was all about personality I felt like and it's always good to have questions on hand for them. days later they asked me to fill out a background check, and then I surprisingly got offered the job three says after.

Interview Questions
    • if you were a street sign what would you be?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in July 2013.

Very laid back. Made you feel comfty. Dress formally but in a way that suits Pacsun.

The location I applied for was very organized. When I called for a follow up on my application, they claimed that they "lost" it (I'm pretty sure the manager threw it away or left it without a care once I gave it to him because I gave it him a couple days before calling) and they told me to come by for an interview. The manager I talked to was really kind and wasn't too formal. After the interview I constantly called giving my name and information and another manager or sales associate would say they weren't finished giving interviews and sounded annoyed by me. After 2 weeks, I stopped. It wasn't really worth trying to get a job there if they were unorganized, rude, and the job offer was seasonal. The manager I had an interview with was nice and all but the ladies who would answer the phone wouldn't give me an oppurtunity to talk to him.

Interview Questions
    • After a while the manager wanted to know if I had any questions for him and it was hard to come up with some.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear in July 2013.

Overall it was a pretty standard 3 step process for the SM position. First was with the DM. This one lasted about an hour. The questions were pretty standard to dig into background. As it turns out everything she told me about the store I was taking over was a lie. Second interview was a phone interview was a phone interview with another DM. This one was only about 15-20 mins and was pretty casual. Final was a phone interview with RM and again only 15-20 mins and was pretty casual.

Interview Questions
    wasn't much room for negotiation even though salary was a bit low

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview Process with a Dm and Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • None. If you can speak to your buiness, and know how to truly be successful thats what matters.   Answer Question
    There was not much room for negotiation. They gave me a number and I accepted or declined. I tried to get more but the cut back on salary peices.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in June 2013.

I contacted the local District Manager through a friend in an effort to obtain a management position. We spoke over the phone which was more of a screening process to see if I'd be worth interviewing. He then let me know what positions were available in the area and set me up to interview with a local store manager. That interview took approximately 45 minutes. She then let me know that I would be notified soon of their decision. I was called within 48 hours with an offer.

No room to negotiate pay or schedule upon hire. The DM gives you an offer. You take it or you go.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Went into drop off application and the store manager was there. He asked me a few questions and invited to an interview the next day. The questions he asked in the first half of the interview were pretty run of the mill like, "a time you went above and beyond for a customer" things of that nature. The other manager came out and introduced herself to me, both the managers seemed intense and intimidating as i had heard from a friend of a friend who worked at the store, they were very forward about if i did not sell the amount of clothing they wanted they would immediately cut my hours or even fire me.

Interview Questions
    • The second half of the interview caught me off guard, the male manager took me to the women's side of the store and picked a random pair of shorts and told me to build a head to toe outfit around it and sell it to him.   Answer Question

I was offered another job that paid better, but mostly I declined because the management at this store seemed so intense and I had heard complaints about it from previous employees.

Lead Sales Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Went in, asked if they were hiring luckily it was the store manager who I asked and didn't know until later, filled out an app.. Asked me if so and so day is okay for interview. Came in that day had an interview with the asst store manager and picked out an outfit to show the other. Was called a week later, got the job. The only giant interview is when you are being promoted and you travel to another store with many people there, DMs etc.