Pacific Sunwear

2.0

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear in October 2014.

I received an application from the store manager after making conversation with her and asking if they were hiring. I brought back the application the next day and waited about 3-4 weeks before I heard anything back.

My interview was about 30 minutes long, starting out with "this interview will be super casual, so don't sweat it". She hired based on personality - not necessarily a personality that fits the mold of the company, but somebody genuine and nice. I was given a background check sheet at the end of the interview and received a follow-up call 3 days later offering me the job.

I completed my new hire paperwork all online, which was surprisingly nice.

Interview Questions
  • How would you try to sell a man a pair of jeans?   View Answer
I was told pay started at minimum but they're always looking to promote within the company, and pay raises are potentially available during the busy holiday season.

Other Interview Reviews for Pacific Sunwear

Sales Associate Interview

It was a laid back interview, almost like discussing what you would do with a friend. The easiest interview I've ever had, really. Basic questions such as, "what would you do if you noticed a coworker stealing".

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you suspected a customer of shoplifting.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

The Interview was easy, it was more of a how do you fit with our company, and what assets do you provide for us, standard retail questions for part time.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Come prepared even when you hand in an application was an on the spot interview I was asked the basic questions like why should we hire you what position and why did you apply to pacsun

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

The PacSun interview is very basic. The questions range from why do you think you are fit for the job to how well do you work under the pressure. You do not get the opportunity to negotiate wages it is minimum wage, of course. I was told I'd get a call back for the job the day of the interview, my next appearance at PacSun was for training.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about up-selling a pair of jeans?   View Answer
    Nothing to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in July 2014.

I went into the store and asked for an application.The next day when i turned it in the manager asked me to come the next day for an interview.The interview was me and another applicant.The questions were simple like Why do i want to work their? What makes customer wanna come back? How would you welcome a customer?How to prevent theft? and then she gave us a situation and find an outfit for her.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

I applied to Pacsun on a Tuesday and the manager asked if I had any retail experience, I said yes so he offered me an interview for Thursday (2 days later). When I went in on Thursday it was a group interview with 2 other girls. They were dressed more laid back and I dressed up a bit more. I started talking to them showing I was outgoing and friendly. He took us to a sitting area and asked us to state our name and say a joke or sing a line of a song. I was hella nervous so my voice shook. But talking to the other girls made all of us feel more comfortable. Then he asked about our experience and asked us why we want to work at PacSun and told us information about the position. We then needed to pick an outfit for a guy in the store, all of use had a different style/situation type of guy. It was super fun! After we showed our outfits to the managers he said he would contact us by Monday. Less than 10 minutes later I got the call for the job! So just be really outgoing and relaxed. Show you're a better candidate, answer your questions throughly (I should have done that more but oh well).

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Pacsun?
      Name some trends going on?
      What experience do you have?
      What is your style? (something like that)
      What is influential selling?

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear in April 2014.

It was a relatively simple process… unfortunately, this is one of the first interviews I've ever experienced, so I was too nervous to make a good impression. Went in, asked for an application, and got scheduled for an interview on the spot. The interview was a group one, and began with us introducing ourselves. We were then asked about the last time we showed leadership, and were asked to pick two items from the store and sell them to the group. We ended with a game where we all went around in a circle and tried naming as many PacSun brands that we could. They said they would get back to us in two weeks if we got the position. Altogether, the most important piece of advice I could give is DON'T STRESS because one thing the manager seemed to respond most positively to was someone who was easygoing and confident… overall, have a chill attitude and be positive and you have a pretty good chance of getting the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Got recommended by my friend who was their employee already. They decide the minute you hand in the application whether they even want you to come back for an interview or not. During the interview, they will usually ask you to pick an outfit and tell them why you picked the outfit.

Interview Questions
    • Not sure, I don't really remember as it happened awhile ago   Answer Question
    They just told me how much they were going to pay me and when they expected me to start

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

It was pretty simple and straight forward. I walked into the store and asked if they were hiring, the manager was working and gave me an application. I filled out the application and returned it same day and was scheduled for interview two days later.

Interview Questions
    • The manager asked if I knew any brands that were based in California and if i knew what type of store PacSun was considered as.   View Answer
    I had previous retail experience and another offer from a similar store so they offered me more than the other store had previously offered me.