Pacific Sunwear Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview

The interview process was easy going. The manger asked basic questions such as why do you want to work at PacSun, how would you approach a customers, and how would you close a sale with that customer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You don't really get to negotiate, your starting is minimum wage depending on what position your applying for.

Other Interview Reviews for Pacific Sunwear

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview

I applied in person it is best if you go to a manager they offered me to come in for an interview the same day. The process took about two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Omaha, NE) in October 2014.

Interview

I received an application from the store manager after making conversation with her and asking if they were hiring. I brought back the application the next day and waited about 3-4 weeks before I heard anything back.

My interview was about 30 minutes long, starting out with "this interview will be super casual, so don't sweat it". She hired based on personality - not necessarily a personality that fits the mold of the company, but somebody genuine and nice. I was given a background check sheet at the end of the interview and received a follow-up call 3 days later offering me the job.

I completed my new hire paperwork all online, which was surprisingly nice.

Interview Questions

• How would you try to sell a man a pair of jeans?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told pay started at minimum but they're always looking to promote within the company, and pay raises are potentially available during the busy holiday season.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Tulsa, OK) in October 2014.

Interview

Really easy, just a few general questions with a group of people. The whole process took only 20 minutes. I was asked maybe a total of three questions, which was simple enough. The manager interviewed us in the backroom, & explained some of the things back there. She was very friendly & easy to get along with. Everyone seemed comfortable & relaxed enough, for a job interview anyways.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I don't know I just signed on as a seasonal sales associate.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was a laid back interview, almost like discussing what you would do with a friend. The easiest interview I've ever had, really. Basic questions such as, "what would you do if you noticed a coworker stealing".

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you suspected a customer of shoplifting.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview

The Interview was easy, it was more of a how do you fit with our company, and what assets do you provide for us, standard retail questions for part time.

Interview Questions

• They were all easy questions.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview

Come prepared even when you hand in an application was an on the spot interview I was asked the basic questions like why should we hire you what position and why did you apply to pacsun

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Hawthorne, CA).

Interview

The PacSun interview is very basic. The questions range from why do you think you are fit for the job to how well do you work under the pressure. You do not get the opportunity to negotiate wages it is minimum wage, of course. I was told I'd get a call back for the job the day of the interview, my next appearance at PacSun was for training.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about up-selling a pair of jeans?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Leesburg, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I went into the store and asked for an application.The next day when i turned it in the manager asked me to come the next day for an interview.The interview was me and another applicant.The questions were simple like Why do i want to work their? What makes customer wanna come back? How would you welcome a customer?How to prevent theft? and then she gave us a situation and find an outfit for her.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview

I applied to Pacsun on a Tuesday and the manager asked if I had any retail experience, I said yes so he offered me an interview for Thursday (2 days later). When I went in on Thursday it was a group interview with 2 other girls. They were dressed more laid back and I dressed up a bit more. I started talking to them showing I was outgoing and friendly. He took us to a sitting area and asked us to state our name and say a joke or sing a line of a song. I was hella nervous so my voice shook. But talking to the other girls made all of us feel more comfortable. Then he asked about our experience and asked us why we want to work at PacSun and told us information about the position. We then needed to pick an outfit for a guy in the store, all of use had a different style/situation type of guy. It was super fun! After we showed our outfits to the managers he said he would contact us by Monday. Less than 10 minutes later I got the call for the job! So just be really outgoing and relaxed. Show you're a better candidate, answer your questions throughly (I should have done that more but oh well).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Pacsun?
      Name some trends going on?
      What experience do you have?
      What is your style? (something like that)
      What is influential selling?

1 Answer