Pacific Sunwear Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.1

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

The Interview was easy, it was more of a how do you fit with our company, and what assets do you provide for us, standard retail questions for part time.

Other Interview Reviews for Pacific Sunwear

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in September 2013.

I had one interview with store manager. it was a group interview. with me and one other girl who got hired as well. We got asked questions about work experience, education history and interest in fashion.Then we were asked to pick out an outfit we thought he would wear based on his appearance, after that we picked out a girls outfit. Once that was done with we filled out info for a background check.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to chose to steal one thing out of a leather jacket, socks, or bubble gum which would you choose?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Come prepared even when you hand in an application was an on the spot interview I was asked the basic questions like why should we hire you what position and why did you apply to pacsun

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leesburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in July 2014.

I went into the store and asked for an application.The next day when i turned it in the manager asked me to come the next day for an interview.The interview was me and another applicant.The questions were simple like Why do i want to work their? What makes customer wanna come back? How would you welcome a customer?How to prevent theft? and then she gave us a situation and find an outfit for her.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hawthorne, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

The PacSun interview is very basic. The questions range from why do you think you are fit for the job to how well do you work under the pressure. You do not get the opportunity to negotiate wages it is minimum wage, of course. I was told I'd get a call back for the job the day of the interview, my next appearance at PacSun was for training.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about up-selling a pair of jeans?   View Answer
    Nothing to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

I applied to Pacsun on a Tuesday and the manager asked if I had any retail experience, I said yes so he offered me an interview for Thursday (2 days later). When I went in on Thursday it was a group interview with 2 other girls. They were dressed more laid back and I dressed up a bit more. I started talking to them showing I was outgoing and friendly. He took us to a sitting area and asked us to state our name and say a joke or sing a line of a song. I was hella nervous so my voice shook. But talking to the other girls made all of us feel more comfortable. Then he asked about our experience and asked us why we want to work at PacSun and told us information about the position. We then needed to pick an outfit for a guy in the store, all of use had a different style/situation type of guy. It was super fun! After we showed our outfits to the managers he said he would contact us by Monday. Less than 10 minutes later I got the call for the job! So just be really outgoing and relaxed. Show you're a better candidate, answer your questions throughly (I should have done that more but oh well).

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Pacsun?
      Name some trends going on?
      What experience do you have?
      What is your style? (something like that)
      What is influential selling?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buford, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in May 2010.

The interview was informal. It lasted about 30 min and had several different types of questions. It was held outside of the store on some chairs in the mall. The interview style was laid back. It seems like they're looking for someone who is comfortable talking to all types of people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in April 2010.

I went into the store to place my application. I spoke with one of the managers and she set up an interview time for the next week. I went in and had a group interview with one other girl for the position. We went to the back to have our interviews. The interview was primarily about what our personal style was and what we thought was trending right now. After the interview the manager asked me to hang around to fill out a background check. After a few weeks of waiting for the background check, they called me to say that I passed the background check and that I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most popular trend in accessories right now?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in June 2012.

The interview was extremely casual. The manager took me to a nearby cafe and we sat at a table and had a casual conversation. All of the questions were pretty basic: what does customer service mean to you, what would you do if..., what is your biggest strength/weakness, etc. Overall, I felt comfortable because the manager was so down to earth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in April 2014.

It was a relatively simple process… unfortunately, this is one of the first interviews I've ever experienced, so I was too nervous to make a good impression. Went in, asked for an application, and got scheduled for an interview on the spot. The interview was a group one, and began with us introducing ourselves. We were then asked about the last time we showed leadership, and were asked to pick two items from the store and sell them to the group. We ended with a game where we all went around in a circle and tried naming as many PacSun brands that we could. They said they would get back to us in two weeks if we got the position. Altogether, the most important piece of advice I could give is DON'T STRESS because one thing the manager seemed to respond most positively to was someone who was easygoing and confident… overall, have a chill attitude and be positive and you have a pretty good chance of getting the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Pacific Sunwear? Contribute to the Community!