Pacific Sunwear

Average Difficulty
41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leesburg, VA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in July 2014.

Interview Details – I went into the store and asked for an application.The next day when i turned it in the manager asked me to come the next day for an interview.The interview was me and another applicant.The questions were simple like Why do i want to work their? What makes customer wanna come back? How would you welcome a customer?How to prevent theft? and then she gave us a situation and find an outfit for her.

Hawthorne, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview Details – The PacSun interview is very basic. The questions range from why do you think you are fit for the job to how well do you work under the pressure. You do not get the opportunity to negotiate wages it is minimum wage, of course. I was told I'd get a call back for the job the day of the interview, my next appearance at PacSun was for training.

Interview Question – How would you go about up-selling a pair of jeans?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview Details – I applied to Pacsun on a Tuesday and the manager asked if I had any retail experience, I said yes so he offered me an interview for Thursday (2 days later). When I went in on Thursday it was a group interview with 2 other girls. They were dressed more laid back and I dressed up a bit more. I started talking to them showing I was outgoing and friendly. He took us to a sitting area and asked us to state our name and say a joke or sing a line of a song. I was hella nervous so my voice shook. But talking to the other girls made all of us feel more comfortable. Then he asked about our experience and asked us why we want to work at PacSun and told us information about the position. We then needed to pick an outfit for a guy in the store, all of use had a different style/situation type of guy. It was super fun! After we showed our outfits to the managers he said he would contact us by Monday. Less than 10 minutes later I got the call for the job! So just be really outgoing and relaxed. Show you're a better candidate, answer your questions throughly (I should have done that more but oh well).

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Pacsun?
Name some trends going on?
What experience do you have?
What is your style? (something like that)
What is influential selling?
  View Answer

Buford, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was informal. It lasted about 30 min and had several different types of questions. It was held outside of the store on some chairs in the mall. The interview style was laid back. It seems like they're looking for someone who is comfortable talking to all types of people.

Interview Question – What are some of your favorite bands?   Answer Question

Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in April 2010.

Interview Details – I went into the store to place my application. I spoke with one of the managers and she set up an interview time for the next week. I went in and had a group interview with one other girl for the position. We went to the back to have our interviews. The interview was primarily about what our personal style was and what we thought was trending right now. After the interview the manager asked me to hang around to fill out a background check. After a few weeks of waiting for the background check, they called me to say that I passed the background check and that I had the job.

Interview Question – What is the most popular trend in accessories right now?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was extremely casual. The manager took me to a nearby cafe and we sat at a table and had a casual conversation. All of the questions were pretty basic: what does customer service mean to you, what would you do if..., what is your biggest strength/weakness, etc. Overall, I felt comfortable because the manager was so down to earth.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Orange, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a relatively simple process… unfortunately, this is one of the first interviews I've ever experienced, so I was too nervous to make a good impression. Went in, asked for an application, and got scheduled for an interview on the spot. The interview was a group one, and began with us introducing ourselves. We were then asked about the last time we showed leadership, and were asked to pick two items from the store and sell them to the group. We ended with a game where we all went around in a circle and tried naming as many PacSun brands that we could. They said they would get back to us in two weeks if we got the position. Altogether, the most important piece of advice I could give is DON'T STRESS because one thing the manager seemed to respond most positively to was someone who was easygoing and confident… overall, have a chill attitude and be positive and you have a pretty good chance of getting the job.

Interview Question – When was the last time you showed leadership?   Answer Question

Tukwila, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview Details – Got recommended by my friend who was their employee already. They decide the minute you hand in the application whether they even want you to come back for an interview or not. During the interview, they will usually ask you to pick an outfit and tell them why you picked the outfit.

Interview Question – Not sure, I don't really remember as it happened awhile ago   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just told me how much they were going to pay me and when they expected me to start

Garden City, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in June 2010.

Interview Details – Pac Sun conducts individual interviews, though often you'll find them doing group interviews. I was selected via a group interview, which entails management asking a series of questions to each of the candidates, and they choose candidates based on there responses. Candidates who are generally more outgoing, well spoken, and well poised are more likely to be chosen.

Interview Question – The questions are pretty run-of-the-mill; they ask you how you would react in certain situations regarding customer interactions, and they try to throw somewhat of a curveball where the answer to the question isn't clear, but it's more important that you answer with confidence and that you'd be trying to make the best of the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really much of a negotiation phase.

Sales Associate

Interview Details – It was pretty simple and straight forward. I walked into the store and asked if they were hiring, the manager was working and gave me an application. I filled out the application and returned it same day and was scheduled for interview two days later.

Interview Question – The manager asked if I knew any brands that were based in California and if i knew what type of store PacSun was considered as.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had previous retail experience and another offer from a similar store so they offered me more than the other store had previously offered me.

Worked for Pacific Sunwear? Contribute to the Community!