Pacifica Hotel Company Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

Investor Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacifica Hotel Company in July 2014.

Very brief phone screening and in-person interview with all three directors. Great company with really positive people and a much more casual atmosphere than expected. Company appears to have some old vs. new and authority complications typical of family-run businesses.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or non-traditional questions. Primary focus on work history and rapport.   Answer Question

Some significant discrepancy between the directors as far as what the job entailed.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pismo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pismo Beach, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Pacifica Hotel Company in May 2010.

Hiring Processes begins with submitting an application you can request at the hotel front desk followed by a short phone interview that will highlight your ability to interact with guests of different backgrounds as well as your multitasking skills. Finally, you will have a 30 minute in house interview at the hotel with the general manager of the property.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with confrontation and how did you go about solving it?   Answer Question
    Very little room for negotiation on pay but company is flexible with hours and shifts.

Guest Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kailua Kona, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua Kona, HI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacifica Hotel Company in August 2009.

First was a meeting with the HR manager. Then, I met with the associate manager of the hotel. Then, I went to meet with the Hotel Manager. They asked about my customer service experience and why I wanted to work for the hotel. Then, the Hotel Manager asked if I'm ready for a career, not just another job.

no negotiation

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pacifica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pacifica, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pacifica Hotel Company in March 2008.

Pacifica Hotel Groups interview at the property level for jobs that are not senior management--Director and above. I simply interviewed by phone with the Sales Manager first. The phone interview mostly focused on my personality. The Sales Manager brought me in two days later to meet face to face. We had a pretty brief discussion, mostly focused on the job responsibilities. I assume she decided I was a good fit and not too hard on the eyes (sales you know!), so she took me to meet the General Manager of the property on the spot. The General Manager asked tougher questions -- about my future plans, how I fit into the company, how I got along with others, etc. Toward the end you could see in his eyes that he had is opinion, and he sort of left the interview mentally. The Sales Manager ended the interview and told me she would be in touch. I was offered the job early the next week.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate flexible hours for my famility and volunteer activities.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pacifica Hotel Company

Worked for Pacifica Hotel Company? Contribute to the Community!