Pactera Account Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pactera (Bellevue, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

The interviewers each had an area they wanted to cover, such as what kinds of projects I had managed, their size, whether there had been off-shore resources involved. They were particularly interested in my contact with Chinese offshore resources, since I'd managed a large project involving on-shore, off-shore and near-shore resources for Microsoft, that it involved coordinating these groups of people through managers that reported to me, and directly. They wanted to know if I was familiar with .NET technologies, Microsoft groups, teams, cultures. They were also very interested in the fact that I had had a business of my own, and had had clients within the Seattle area, providing custom solutions, and using off-shoring as a way of making up resources I was missing, as well how I selected people and determined their skill sets, whether they would be able to work together, how responsive they were to schedules, deadlines, new requirements added to the scope.

Interview Questions

• How would you compare your offshoring experience between resouces in India and resources in China.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a negotiating culture. What they offer you at the beginning is pretty close, to exactly what you will have to accept to get the job. Even when I thought that my counteroffers were agreed to, the next day or even the same day they would gradually wear you down to their original offer.