Pactera

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pactera in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewers each had an area they wanted to cover, such as what kinds of projects I had managed, their size, whether there had been off-shore resources involved. They were particularly interested in my contact with Chinese offshore resources, since I'd managed a large project involving on-shore, off-shore and near-shore resources for Microsoft, that it involved coordinating these groups of people through managers that reported to me, and directly. They wanted to know if I was familiar with .NET technologies, Microsoft groups, teams, cultures. They were also very interested in the fact that I had had a business of my own, and had had clients within the Seattle area, providing custom solutions, and using off-shoring as a way of making up resources I was missing, as well how I selected people and determined their skill sets, whether they would be able to work together, how responsive they were to schedules, deadlines, new requirements added to the scope.

Interview Question – How would you compare your offshoring experience between resouces in India and resources in China.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a negotiating culture. What they offer you at the beginning is pretty close, to exactly what you will have to accept to get the job. Even when I thought that my counteroffers were agreed to, the next day or even the same day they would gradually wear you down to their original offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pactera? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pactera Account Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Pactera employees and interview candidates.