Pactera

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.4

Test Manager Interview

It was a 1:1 interview with a high-level manager. It was a pleasant chat, and the interviewer gave ample feedback on what they are seeking and what I was lacking. Questions were pretty standard, mostly aimed to find out about my experience and how I could fit into the role.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pactera in May 2011.

2 round interviews with coding question and test the code Iwrote

Interview Questions
    • find a missing number of an array which hold n-1numbers of 1- n   Answer Question

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pactera in March 2011.

I started with HiSoft before they became Pactera. When I started they made the customer they were contracting to do the interviews. Now I believe it is all done in house at Pactera. It really seems to depend on the contract that Pactera has with the Customer. I had a quick phone conversation not so much an interview. They asked if I was interested in interviewing and how much money I wanted. They didn't even know my name or have my resume at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said I was interviewing with the customer. I was asked some riddles, but that was about it.

If you have 9 metal balls that look all the same and you have one 1 of those balls that weighs slightly more then the others. Using only a balance determine in as few weighs as possible which ball is the heavy one.

View Answer
    They didn't give me any options or room for negotiation. I got stuck with a sub-contract instead of a W2 so I have no benefits.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pactera in August 2010.

The interviewers each had an area they wanted to cover, such as what kinds of projects I had managed, their size, whether there had been off-shore resources involved. They were particularly interested in my contact with Chinese offshore resources, since I'd managed a large project involving on-shore, off-shore and near-shore resources for Microsoft, that it involved coordinating these groups of people through managers that reported to me, and directly. They wanted to know if I was familiar with .NET technologies, Microsoft groups, teams, cultures. They were also very interested in the fact that I had had a business of my own, and had had clients within the Seattle area, providing custom solutions, and using off-shoring as a way of making up resources I was missing, as well how I selected people and determined their skill sets, whether they would be able to work together, how responsive they were to schedules, deadlines, new requirements added to the scope.

Interview Questions
    • How would you compare your offshoring experience between resouces in India and resources in China.   Answer Question
    Not a negotiating culture. What they offer you at the beginning is pretty close, to exactly what you will have to accept to get the job. Even when I thought that my counteroffers were agreed to, the next day or even the same day they would gradually wear you down to their original offer.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pactera in August 2010.

Just phone interview. My experiences are well qualify for this job. They did not ask many questions.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pactera.

First interview with Rrecruiter from the company who was very friendly and did let me know of her opinion on my resume and interview on the spot.

The next interview with manager through skype who asked mostly technical questions and some work/life balance questions and so on. The whole process was pretty straightforward and quick.

Interview Questions
    • Interview with recruiter was mostly general, and about past experience. Interview with the manager was mostly technical.   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pactera.

Their HR called & if interested. Within 2 days, called for a interview with Test Manager.He ask questions of testing and expect 100% accurate answers even given a idea of what Testing is about. Perhaps he should see the resume 1st before calling for an interview. Stop wasting our time for just 20mins of talking.

Associate Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pactera in January 2015.

First off it is exceedingly unfair that many people have given an unfair review of Pactera. I am Singaporean Chinese fluent in English and Mandarin with good understanding of PRC culture, management philosophy and have many PRC friends. I have some work experience in Singapore and I can safely say that at the very least, Pactera's HR personnel is highly commendable and realistically, Pactera is a far better choice than its direct competitor Tata Consultancy Services.

I was contacted via email by their HR personnel based in their HQ in China who is supporting the recruitment for their Singapore division through reviewing my resume on jobstreet. This was followed up by an international phone call and not only was the HR personnel professional, informative and direct about the job, my point of contact was very helpful throughout the application process and even provided tips for the interview and demonstrated high levels of sincerity in recruiting very unlike the typical Singaporean SME or comparable companies.

The interview was promptly arranged and I met with the Test Manager and a second personnel whom I believe to be the Test Lead. The Test Manager asked questions: relevant to the role; pertaining to testing work I've done in previous employment; relating to my work ethics and relevant character or personality questions. This is in stark contrast to companies and interviewers who asked highly irrelevant questions (you know who and what they are) and do not bother reading and understanding your resume/CV (recruiters and some interviewers).

I was offered the next day and given two days to consider their offer. I asked questions of the HR personnel in Singapore and they've answered my questions within a reasonable time frame (Emailed questions in the afternoon, answered via phone call in evening). I declined their offer after serious consideration and their HQ HR Personnel contacted me to understand my reasons and attempted to address them. I do not think Singapore companies will bother to do that.

Throughout the entire process, I can see that the Test Manager and the HR personnel are sincere. A lot of Singaporeans these days expect sky high salary without performance, experience or the attitude to back that up and their character is reflected in their one-liner non-sequitur Singlish comments about the company and the job.

This is actually a decent job and a good starting ground for fresh graduates with limited experience but no high level experience in delivering results, software development, consulting etc.

Do not let bad reviews deter you from giving the company a fair go if you're interested in the industry, the opportunities they offer (this is a pretty big plus point) and an honest discussion with the Test Manager and their HR Personnel. The job (like many others) certainly isn't meant for everybody just like the fact that not everyone enjoys NS.

Note: It is actually very reasonable to expect IT graduates to know the basics of software testing, the concepts of it, automated testing (I discussed Junit though it isn't absolutely necessary), have demonstrated its usage in academic curriculum or ideally work experience and its role in multiple development methodologies (some examples: Agile & Test Driven Development). All these knowledge are already taught in university.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions on testing methodology, my work experience (I have done testing before), my understanding of software testing, my work ethics, my career aspirations etc.   Answer Question

Associate Test Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pactera.

I applied it during a campus career fair. And only receive a call from HR to arrange an interview after 1 month. The interview questions are those normal questions. Started with self introduction. Then asked about " How much do you know about the position? " then the interviewee explained the job scope and asked "Why you want to join this industry?" because I am from the engineering background, it is quite hard to answer why not join the engineering industry and apply for a job in IT industry. Then she asked about did I done any testing during my intern or school project? What's the process of the testing? blabla

salary too low

English Transcriber - Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pactera in July 2014.

One interview for the full time position following a quick telephone inquiry, two interviewers overall. The interview was quick, yet detailed and precise. A good balance was kept when asking personal questions while remaining polite and friendly. Both were upfront about the difficulties that I might face working in Beijing while prompting me for solution strategies.
    A test that lasted about an hour and simulated a 20 minute task completed the process.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you can perform a role that does not match any of your previous positions?   View Answer
    This part was more challenging than I expected, but negotiation happened and I think we were both at least comfortable with the result