Pactera Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 17, 2014
20 interviews

2.5

Test Manager Interview

It was a 1:1 interview with a high-level manager. It was a pleasant chat, and the interviewer gave ample feedback on what they are seeking and what I was lacking. Questions were pretty standard, mostly aimed to find out about my experience and how I could fit into the role.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Pactera in May 2011.

2 round interviews with coding question and test the code Iwrote

Interview Questions
    • find a missing number of an array which hold n-1numbers of 1- n   Answer Question

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pactera in March 2011.

I started with HiSoft before they became Pactera. When I started they made the customer they were contracting to do the interviews. Now I believe it is all done in house at Pactera. It really seems to depend on the contract that Pactera has with the Customer. I had a quick phone conversation not so much an interview. They asked if I was interested in interviewing and how much money I wanted. They didn't even know my name or have my resume at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said I was interviewing with the customer. I was asked some riddles, but that was about it.

If you have 9 metal balls that look all the same and you have one 1 of those balls that weighs slightly more then the others. Using only a balance determine in as few weighs as possible which ball is the heavy one.
        View Answer
    They didn't give me any options or room for negotiation. I got stuck with a sub-contract instead of a W2 so I have no benefits.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Pactera in August 2010.

Just phone interview. My experiences are well qualify for this job. They did not ask many questions.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pactera in August 2010.

The interviewers each had an area they wanted to cover, such as what kinds of projects I had managed, their size, whether there had been off-shore resources involved. They were particularly interested in my contact with Chinese offshore resources, since I'd managed a large project involving on-shore, off-shore and near-shore resources for Microsoft, that it involved coordinating these groups of people through managers that reported to me, and directly. They wanted to know if I was familiar with .NET technologies, Microsoft groups, teams, cultures. They were also very interested in the fact that I had had a business of my own, and had had clients within the Seattle area, providing custom solutions, and using off-shoring as a way of making up resources I was missing, as well how I selected people and determined their skill sets, whether they would be able to work together, how responsive they were to schedules, deadlines, new requirements added to the scope.

Interview Questions
    • How would you compare your offshoring experience between resouces in India and resources in China.   Answer Question
    Not a negotiating culture. What they offer you at the beginning is pretty close, to exactly what you will have to accept to get the job. Even when I thought that my counteroffers were agreed to, the next day or even the same day they would gradually wear you down to their original offer.

Associate Test Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Pactera.

I applied it during a campus career fair. And only receive a call from HR to arrange an interview after 1 month. The interview questions are those normal questions. Started with self introduction. Then asked about " How much do you know about the position? " then the interviewee explained the job scope and asked "Why you want to join this industry?" because I am from the engineering background, it is quite hard to answer why not join the engineering industry and apply for a job in IT industry. Then she asked about did I done any testing during my intern or school project? What's the process of the testing? blabla

salary too low

Associate Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pactera in June 2014.

Applied for the role of Associate Test Analyst (Non-Functional) during the school recruitment event. I was contacted for interview during the following week. The initial interview was with HR department at the Main Office and it was relatively easy. However, there was a mistake in the filing process and it turns out that I am required to attend a 2nd interview with the automation testing team leader at Changi Office. I was given an offer the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Question during 2nd interview with automation testing team leader - What data structure should be used when there is a need to extract data from a larger table into smaller table and validate the existence of a defined dataset against the larger table, given that the there are more columns in the larger table and the columns are not sorted,   View Answer

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pactera in October 2010.

interview by customer first, then got hired

Interview Questions
    • I was new in build area back to the day, so all these build related questions was kind hard. but as soon as I am in this area, I think it is not too hard.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

SDET vendor position interview process at Microsoft

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy and most of them are related to string   Answer Question

Technical Lead (Systems Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pactera.

Very unprofessional - three rounds of interviews, only at the last minute was advised of the creepy salary, which was far below the figure disclosed in the first round interview. It appears the company can not afford a decent pay. Also the interviewer(one of their sales directors) was so brusque, as long as hearing my pay expectation, his reply "you're over qualified", it appears his only concern is money, not quality of staff.

Worked for Pactera? Contribute to the Community!