Pactiv

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.4

Hotpress Operator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Pactiv.

Run from the macon plant, very unprofessional,unorganized, and very rude employees thst hold supervisory positions. They are backwards at this plant the bad employees get praised while the good employee always have to,look over their shoulders as if they are doing something wrong.

Customer Account Representative (Temporary) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pactiv.

I came across this position through a job agency. It looked promising at face value, but after the interview process and a first-hand glimpse of the office, the atmosphere of the company seemed extremely uptight and intense.

When this interview was initially set up, I was told I was to meet with three managers. The manager I was supposed to meet first with was nowhere to be found, and at the time my interview was supposed to begin other employees were repeatedly trying to reach them by phone, but it became clear they were not going to show up. I was told to sit in a cubicle for 30 minutes to patiently wait for the next available manager.

Once I finally sat down with the second manager, they immediately came off as condescending by indirectly insulting my degree before I even said a word or introduced myself. They seemed distracted while interviewing me due to the fact that they asked me the same question twice almost immediately after they asked me the first time. Also when I was mid-sentence answering their question about what my strengths are, the interviewer answered a phone call without saying anything to excuse themselves, and offered no explanation for the intrusion. At the end of the interview they commented about a negative assumption about my personality that was completely unwarranted and inappropriate coming from an person in their position.

The second manager's interview was a much better experience. It was more formal and they went down a list of questions, but it seemed as if they were just going through the motions of the interview. However they were significantly more personable than the first interviewer and I enjoyed speaking with them.

Overall, for a temporary hourly position, I felt like wearing business professional attire and going this whole process was ridiculously excessive. In my experience HR representatives are far more suited to interviewing potential employees than a couple of managers who seemed annoyed to take on another task they seemed unhappy executing.

Interview Questions
    • If you past employer was going to say something negative about your work, what would it be?   Answer Question

I have not heard back yet, but do not plan to work for Pactiv

Payroll Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pactiv in August 2014.

I was to meet with 3 people the first time I went in. When I got there one wasn't in so everything had to be redone. I received an email from the recruiter about a week later saying that my interview was positive and they would be making a decision by the following week. A month later after I had received another offer I contacted the recruiter to see where things stood and was informed that they still weren't ready to make a decision. Then I saw that they had reposted the job on indeed the day before.

Machine Operator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pactiv.

Face to face interview,Drug test,Background Check

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how old Kim kardashian is?   View Answer
    When can you start?

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canandaigua, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canandaigua, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pactiv in November 2013.

I was contacted after applying to online posting. I went for an interview at the Canandaigua facility. I interviewed with 5 people, one was a phone interview in ATL. The process was smooth and everyone was nice and to the point. The questions centered on my past experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe how I would respond to an employee who had chronic issues but also was the best on the shift. I was asked would I discipline them, or would I give them a pass.   View Answer
    No negotiation. I was asked salary expectation at conclusion of interview. They exceeded expectation!

Production Supervisor II Interview

None, Temps were brought in and turned over to you. I haven't interviewed a person in 3 years.

Interview Questions
    • Constant blame. Everything lands in the supervisors lap. its always productions fault.
      Question? We need to talk to you about a rumor you started.

View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Pactiv.

Interview was more of a friendly conversation.

The interview lasted longer than originally scheduled, with an immediate decision on my status.

I enjoyed that the hiring manager knew what she wanted. She asked a lot of probing questions on my accounting & finance knowledge and my Excel skills. She also asked how open I was to learning new skills. The job was very much as it was presented in the interview.

Pactiv has a very collaborative environment. Everyone is very busy, yet very helpful and responsive. Great place to work!

Interview Questions
    • "What is your favorite Excel formula?"   View Answer

Fork Lift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pactiv in June 2013.

You have to work for the temp service for 3 months. So once you get hired on its not really hard at all because you know them already. So you have Human Resource come and get you and ask you if you would like to work for the company and you accept it or decline it.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation because you pretty much know what you are getting yourself into.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plattsburgh, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plattsburgh, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pactiv in August 2012.

Was contacted by a recruiter and given a quick overview of the company. After a few days the recruiter contacted me again and did a phone interview and discussed what the big issues at the Pactiv plant were.

After a few days the HR person at the plant contacted me and we had a 45 minute phone interview. Liking my answers he connected me with the Maintenance Head, and former production supervisor, and I had another 45 minute interview with him.

Liking my answers so far they asked to have me visit the plant, a 4.5 hour drive, to do a final interview consisting of interviewing with HR, Maintenance, Safety, one of their existing Production Supervisors, Plant Manager, and Engineering.

Was contacted a few days later and told that due to my position on discipline they were not going ahead with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you would discipline an employee.   View Answer

Extrusion Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pactiv in July 2012.

I went in with my application, they sat us down and rotated us through with the HR Manager. They asked for two forms of ID, some basic background info(where have you worked, what experience do you have, etc.) On the application I put that I needed $10hr or more considering the drive. They talked to me about it and said there were positions open to accommodate me. After that I was sent to another building for a drug test and was called back a few days later with a position and my start date.

Interview Questions
    I requested a minimum amount of $10hr. They found me one making $11.90hr. I agreed to the shifts and the position.