Pactiv

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Pactiv.

Interview Details – Face to face interview,Drug test,Background Check

Interview Question – Do you know how old Kim kardashian is?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When can you start?

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
Canandaigua, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pactiv in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted after applying to online posting. I went for an interview at the Canandaigua facility. I interviewed with 5 people, one was a phone interview in ATL. The process was smooth and everyone was nice and to the point. The questions centered on my past experience.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe how I would respond to an employee who had chronic issues but also was the best on the shift. I was asked would I discipline them, or would I give them a pass.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was asked salary expectation at conclusion of interview. They exceeded expectation!

Production Supervisor II Interview

Production Supervisor II

Interviewed at Pactiv

Interview Details – None, Temps were brought in and turned over to you. I haven't interviewed a person in 3 years.

Interview Question – Constant blame. Everything lands in the supervisors lap. its always productions fault.
Question? We need to talk to you about a rumor you started.
  View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Pactiv.

Interview Details – Interview was more of a friendly conversation.

The interview lasted longer than originally scheduled, with an immediate decision on my status.

I enjoyed that the hiring manager knew what she wanted. She asked a lot of probing questions on my accounting & finance knowledge and my Excel skills. She also asked how open I was to learning new skills. The job was very much as it was presented in the interview.

Pactiv has a very collaborative environment. Everyone is very busy, yet very helpful and responsive. Great place to work!

Interview Question – "What is your favorite Excel formula?"   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Extrusion Operator Interview

Temple, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pactiv in July 2012.

Interview Details – I went in with my application, they sat us down and rotated us through with the HR Manager. They asked for two forms of ID, some basic background info(where have you worked, what experience do you have, etc.) On the application I put that I needed $10hr or more considering the drive. They talked to me about it and said there were positions open to accommodate me. After that I was sent to another building for a drug test and was called back a few days later with a position and my start date.

Interview Question – None really, asked if I could work 12 hour shifts.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I requested a minimum amount of $10hr. They found me one making $11.90hr. I agreed to the shifts and the position.

Production Supervisor Interview

Plattsburgh, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pactiv in August 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter and given a quick overview of the company. After a few days the recruiter contacted me again and did a phone interview and discussed what the big issues at the Pactiv plant were.

After a few days the HR person at the plant contacted me and we had a 45 minute phone interview. Liking my answers he connected me with the Maintenance Head, and former production supervisor, and I had another 45 minute interview with him.

Liking my answers so far they asked to have me visit the plant, a 4.5 hour drive, to do a final interview consisting of interviewing with HR, Maintenance, Safety, one of their existing Production Supervisors, Plant Manager, and Engineering.

Was contacted a few days later and told that due to my position on discipline they were not going ahead with an offer.

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you would discipline an employee.   View Answer

Master Planner Interview

Lake Forest, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pactiv in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was called by an outside recruiting firm and had an initial phone screening with the recruiter. First interview was 1:1 but met with four different people over the course of the afternoon - the director of the department, the hiring managers (two) and a peer. I didn't hear anything for two weeks following the interview so I assumed I didn't get the job. The recruiter kept telling me that they are somewhat slow and to stay positive. The third week I received a phone call from the recruiter stating that I made it to the second round of interviews. I went later that week and met with two more peers in another plant. This was a Friday and on Monday, I received word from the recruiter that everything was positive and she expected an offer on the table that week. I did receive an offer on Friday of that week. After I accepted the offer, I received a packet with instructions on how to submit for my background and drug screening. That took another week. Finally got word that everything came back okay and got my start date. Overall the process took almost a month. There were many times where I felt annoyed or discouraged by how the slow the process was but overall, it was well worth the wait.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current comapny after such a short period of time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was actually quite happy with the offer and didn't even feel I had to negotiate. I felt what they were offering me exceeded my expectations.

PACKER Interview

Temple, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pactiv in June 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty much you go in a classroom for like 2hrs then u go to the aid station and they give you a urine test and a hair folicle test then u h=have to wait for the test to come back before u can work...

Interview Question – Have you ever worked in a factory?   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Pactiv.

Interview Details – Approched by leadership about position, had what I thought was an interview. No follow through.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, was qualified for the position so, was at ease   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pactiv in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who contracts out as a "hired gun" from what I can tell, aiming to fill multiple positions. He was at company HQ in Illinois, and called me about a position on the west coast. After a 30 minute phone interview, I was told I would be contacted for a site interview. I received a call from site HR about 15 days later, who scheduled an interview with the Plant Manager and the hiring team. I was interviewed by the Plant Manager, and two of his direct report managers. One of the managers who interviewed me was highly complimentary, saying he was extremely impressed by my qualifications, and that I could make a big difference, etc, etc. I received a mix of technical and behavioral questions from all three interviewers. I received a plant tour, and was told HR would call me back, since she was not present, due to training, to interview me as well. I was asked to fill out an online application, which I did.

I never heard anything from anyone at Pactiv. The HR rep never contacted me, and never returned my phone messages. After 3+ weeks of waiting for some sort of a reply from Pactiv, I managed to leave a message for the Plant Manager, who did not return my call either. These people were beyond unprofessional in my book. I left the plant interview feeling highly qualified for the job, and never heard a word from these people.

Interview Question – Name the 7 different types of waste.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pactiv? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pactiv interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pactiv employees and interview candidates.