Pactiv Interview Questions in Lake Forest, IL

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Account Representative (Temporary) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pactiv.

I came across this position through a job agency. It looked promising at face value, but after the interview process and a first-hand glimpse of the office, the atmosphere of the company seemed extremely uptight and intense.

When this interview was initially set up, I was told I was to meet with three managers. The manager I was supposed to meet first with was nowhere to be found, and at the time my interview was supposed to begin other employees were repeatedly trying to reach them by phone, but it became clear they were not going to show up. I was told to sit in a cubicle for 30 minutes to patiently wait for the next available manager.

Once I finally sat down with the second manager, they immediately came off as condescending by indirectly insulting my degree before I even said a word or introduced myself. They seemed distracted while interviewing me due to the fact that they asked me the same question twice almost immediately after they asked me the first time. Also when I was mid-sentence answering their question about what my strengths are, the interviewer answered a phone call without saying anything to excuse themselves, and offered no explanation for the intrusion. At the end of the interview they commented about a negative assumption about my personality that was completely unwarranted and inappropriate coming from an person in their position.

The second manager's interview was a much better experience. It was more formal and they went down a list of questions, but it seemed as if they were just going through the motions of the interview. However they were significantly more personable than the first interviewer and I enjoyed speaking with them.

Overall, for a temporary hourly position, I felt like wearing business professional attire and going this whole process was ridiculously excessive. In my experience HR representatives are far more suited to interviewing potential employees than a couple of managers who seemed annoyed to take on another task they seemed unhappy executing.

Interview Questions
    • If you past employer was going to say something negative about your work, what would it be?   Answer Question

I have not heard back yet, but do not plan to work for Pactiv

Payroll Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pactiv in August 2014.

I was to meet with 3 people the first time I went in. When I got there one wasn't in so everything had to be redone. I received an email from the recruiter about a week later saying that my interview was positive and they would be making a decision by the following week. A month later after I had received another offer I contacted the recruiter to see where things stood and was informed that they still weren't ready to make a decision. Then I saw that they had reposted the job on indeed the day before.

Master PLanner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pactiv in March 2012.

I was called by an outside recruiting firm and had an initial phone screening with the recruiter. First interview was 1:1 but met with four different people over the course of the afternoon - the director of the department, the hiring managers (two) and a peer. I didn't hear anything for two weeks following the interview so I assumed I didn't get the job. The recruiter kept telling me that they are somewhat slow and to stay positive. The third week I received a phone call from the recruiter stating that I made it to the second round of interviews. I went later that week and met with two more peers in another plant. This was a Friday and on Monday, I received word from the recruiter that everything was positive and she expected an offer on the table that week. I did receive an offer on Friday of that week. After I accepted the offer, I received a packet with instructions on how to submit for my background and drug screening. That took another week. Finally got word that everything came back okay and got my start date. Overall the process took almost a month. There were many times where I felt annoyed or discouraged by how the slow the process was but overall, it was well worth the wait.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current comapny after such a short period of time?   Answer Question
    I was actually quite happy with the offer and didn't even feel I had to negotiate. I felt what they were offering me exceeded my expectations.