Paddy Power

Updated Feb 4, 2015

3.2

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paddy Power.

The hiring process involves a code test followed by two rounds of interviews.

The code review is sorting a table of currencies and rates by table column on clicking the head of the column.

You will be interviewed by two team leads and then the web development manager and one of the other team leads.

Interview Questions
    • Two technical questions are
      1) Security concerns when developing a website
      2) You have a site with 10 css and js files and 50 images, how do you make the page perform the best.

View Answer

The initial salary offer was low. The second offer had negligable improvement on the initial offer - especially when compared to similar or even smaller companies in Dublin

Quantitative Analyst Interview

applied through online application and get the feedback from the PP for an on-site interview. Was interviewed by two person, one manager and one analyst, and asked some probability questions

Interview Questions
    • What is the odds of two specific non-seed tennis players (like you and interviewer) meet in the first round among 128 players with 24 seed players?   View Answer

Operations Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Paddy Power in July 2014.

Phone Call, then 2 Interviews. 1st interview was with the Manager and someone from the team. 2nd Interview with the same as first but also with Head of Department. Before the 2nd Interview had to do a project. Was to analyse data and make a promo then present it via Powerpoint in the 2nd Interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions and Interviews were quite good. Conversation like, no stupid text book questions. But because of the Project and Presentation I would put this as Hard.   Answer Question
    I got more than I asked.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Paddy Power.

I was first contacted by email form a recruiter from Paddy Power. I got a phone chat with HR that took 5 minutes and then, a couple of days later phone interview for first screening with Senior Developer. The questions asked where for someone with much more experience than I have. They asked for someone with 2 years and then change it for +5!

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paddy Power in January 2014.

Process was an initial phone screening with HR, subsequent phone interview with hiring manager with 4 x 1:1 on-site interviews with team members and management that I would be working closely with. More tiring than difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult - common ports, windows/linux commands, ITIL methodologies   Answer Question
    Got an offer and accepted.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Paddy Power in October 2013.

Phone interview , then face to face, then told they were holding the position, then called again to say it was going ahead again and second interview and I was second choice but they took me and top choice too! So messy and unprofessional!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us an interesting fact that's not on your cv?
      What do you know about pp?
      Do you know anyone that works here ( clear advantage if you did)

Answer Question
    Disaster! I was offered the role in November but told I couldn't start until January as the budget didn't allow it!

Developer Interview

Phone screannings
    Face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • There was not really difficult questions.
      I was more than ready for that interview.
      I found it easy.

Answer Question
    They offered me more than what I asked for

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paddy Power in August 2013.

Applied online and got email confirming date and time for phone interview. Interviewer was 15 minutes late, the questions were poorly structured and she seemed to be in a hurry. The role was not explained clearly. There were a mixed bag of standard CV questions and random behavioural questions. Was told there were 3 more stages in hiring process: 2 face to face interviews and a presentation each separated by a week.

Support Interview

Met with HRBP and HR Administrator.

Payments Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paddy Power.

Received call minutes after uploading my online application and invited in for a one-to-one interview with head of department. The office was a shambles but they were in the middle of the move, so probably not the best time to form a first impression. Interviewer was friendly, conversation was quite casual and informal which I liked. The interviewer did not seem full prepared however.

I was told there would be a second round of interviews and I got a call back about ten days later. I was also given a task (analyzing some data and making recommendations) to complete and present for the second interview.

I accepted another offer before this second interview however and so withdrew from consideration.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing too difficult to be honest - pretty standard stuff on the first interview.   Answer Question