PageGroup

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at PageGroup.

An internal recruiter reached out to me via linkedln informing me of the position and telling me she was interested in my background. I was interested as well and she conducted a phone interview and invited me for an interview at the NYC office. The interview was long and I met with 3 of the senior staff members.

Digital/Social Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PageGroup in November 2014.

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. We set up a phone interview, during which she was completely rude: everything was about the way she wanted to do things: my first two questions were "What company is this position for?" and "What is the salary range for this role?" and she dodged both, attempting to turn around the questions on me. Don't answer questions with questions.

Recruiter seemed to believe she was in control of the conversation, and needs to grow a little: you reached out to me, I didn't apply for the job. If you can't provide basic info about the job without hearing all about my experience first - you reached out to me, and identified me as qualified, remember? - then don't waste people's time.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about your work experience, starting with when you graduated college".   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at PageGroup.

I applied online and was contacted the next day for a phone interview. The woman was very nice and professional and the interview took about ten minutes. I came in later that week for an in person interview in New York. I met with two people. The first was nice and professional but the man I met with was not. He spent most of the time telling me personal stories rather than asking about myself. I was also interviewing at other recruitment agencies at the time, and he was asking me in depth questions about their hiring process, their compensation and how they did deals. It was very uncomfortable since he early was more interested in scoping out the competition than interviewing me. I then took an online assessment which lasted about 30 minutes.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PageGroup.

I was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone a few times. They had me come into the office and interview with 4 or 5 different people. There were no hard questions. It was a very relaxed interview. I never heard back to hear if I got the position or not even thought I followed up after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PageGroup.

Through a friend at the company, never applied he just wanted me to meet his boss. I was surprisingly interviewed.The gentleman I met with was stuck up. Had no knowledge of the educational system in the United States. He was from the United Kingdom. Purposely tried being rude and non welcoming. The position does not worth that experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell him a house on the spot? Role play.   View Answer

Not the kind of job I wanted, so I did not pursue. Long hours, with repetitive annoying work.

Accounting/Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PageGroup in July 2014.

interview was with a different person then i had spoke with and exchange emails with. I have gotten no reply to any of my emails after the interview. interview was very short. was told that most companies were not interviewing until September. The person I interviewed with did not have knowledge of the positions i had applied to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at PageGroup.

Interviewed by external recruiter -- basic phone screen

Immediately interviewed by internal talent acquisition manager -- basic phone screening

Personality profile test -- basic test to determine if you're a fighter and natural hard worker/leader or not (basic and easy if you are -- pointless to take or frustrating if you're not)

Office interview with initial manager hiring -- more managers to interview with if you're not moving forward in the process or they are unsure (basic interview questions for recruiters)

Final interview with Sr. Director that was deep -- but left with no questions unanswered

Offer within 3 days in person

Interview Questions
    • Which manager out of the ones you interviewed with would you rather work under and why?   Answer Question
    No need to negotiate -- offered me exactly what I needed. The entire process was extremely transparent and simple. No hidden fees

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PageGroup.

Contacted through a mutual acquaintance, went through several phone screenings that were more like conversations, then invited to interview in person. The interview was very casual/ informal, and seemed to be going well enough. Followed up to find that they had passed without explanation.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process takes 4 days. Interviewed at Micheal Page in May 2014.
    Recruiter reach out right next week after I apply online. One Phone interview and set up with an in person interview. I think in person interview is kind of extra steps for busy professionals.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview asking my current experience related to position. Then request an in person interview in their local office. The recruiter does not show up at that point. Because it's close to off hours and there would be traffic, I gave recruiter a time range when i get there the day before. The recruiter seems not care much. He is not at office yet when I get to the site. But their manager meets me and get brief review of my exp. The manager is nice and ask me to prepare a brief letter of how my exp fit for the position. Still expect response from them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PageGroup.

Interview process begins with a phone call and then they progress to face to face interviews. Make sure you are able to ask questions and sell back to whatever they are trying to get you to sell. The final step is a meeting with the North American CEO. Honestly, this place is brutal so don't even go on an interview and waste your time.

Interview Questions
    Push for more money. They respect that and they'll give it to you.