PageGroup

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.9

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PageGroup.

After submitting online application, was contacted via phone with a Talent Acquisition Specialist who "vetted" me before inviting me to come in for an in-person interview. During that meeting I met with the Talent Acquisition Specialist as well as one of the department managers. I was invited to come back and meet with two other higher level executives in addition to the two I had already previously met. I was then never followed up with, despite trying to get in touch with the Talent Acquisition Specialist.

Interview Questions
    • Run through a scenario with me where I am a candidate from company X looking for a new position. How would you handle the interview?   View Answer

Former Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PageGroup.

Detailed interview process with multiple people. Be prepared to talk about scenarios or potential situations where you have dealt with difficult people. Overall, the process isn't hard. It is all about saying what they want you to say: Motivated by money, like sales, not afraid to do what it takes to get the job done...

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at PageGroup in December 2014.

The recruiter at Michael Page called me out of the blue, from a resume I had posted online about a year ago when I was seeking a new position. I had initially dismissed him a bit because I was on my way to work - currently have a full-time job - but he mentioned it was a marketing position so I listened. He didn't tell me about the position after that, just asked me general questions. He mostly asked what I sought both in a position and compensation, along with my previous marketing experience and what I currently did at my job. This was the exact same, almost, of how the conversation went on Skype a week later.

I've been in many interviews before for similar positions and there's a process: the employer tells me about the company and the position, asks some questions, I get a chance to answer those questions based on my experience specific to the job description, and then I get a chance to ask my own questions.

None of this happened in my interview. All the interviewer asked was about what I sought in a position and compensation, and then about the marketing experience I currently had -- sure, I could have gone straight in for the specifics that related to the job description he'd sent me (only after I'd sent him my updated resume). But something about the interview seemed fake, like he wasn't even paying attention to what I said.

After 10 minutes, he decided to tell me that they were really looking for someone with more corporate marketing experience. If so, don't waste my time in the future by interviewing me twice for a position you don't think I'm qualified to do and aren't interested in doing. I almost rebutted him with specifics related to the job description, but I decided against it - there didn't seem to be a point. He had already quite made up his mind.

I'm extremely disappointed not only that my time was wasted like this, but also that a huge company that makes its living recruiting people doesn't have a more effective process (that doesn't leave a sour taste in people's mouths).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at PageGroup.

An internal recruiter reached out to me via linkedln informing me of the position and telling me she was interested in my background. I was interested as well and she conducted a phone interview and invited me for an interview at the NYC office. The interview was long and I met with 3 of the senior staff members.

Digital/Social Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PageGroup in November 2014.

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. We set up a phone interview, during which she was completely rude: everything was about the way she wanted to do things: my first two questions were "What company is this position for?" and "What is the salary range for this role?" and she dodged both, attempting to turn around the questions on me. Don't answer questions with questions.

Recruiter seemed to believe she was in control of the conversation, and needs to grow a little: you reached out to me, I didn't apply for the job. If you can't provide basic info about the job without hearing all about my experience first - you reached out to me, and identified me as qualified, remember? - then don't waste people's time.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about your work experience, starting with when you graduated college".   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at PageGroup.

I applied online and was contacted the next day for a phone interview. The woman was very nice and professional and the interview took about ten minutes. I came in later that week for an in person interview in New York. I met with two people. The first was nice and professional but the man I met with was not. He spent most of the time telling me personal stories rather than asking about myself. I was also interviewing at other recruitment agencies at the time, and he was asking me in depth questions about their hiring process, their compensation and how they did deals. It was very uncomfortable since he early was more interested in scoping out the competition than interviewing me. I then took an online assessment which lasted about 30 minutes.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PageGroup.

Contacted through a mutual acquaintance, went through several phone screenings that were more like conversations, then invited to interview in person. The interview was very casual/ informal, and seemed to be going well enough. Followed up to find that they had passed without explanation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at PageGroup in June 2014.

The interview process was intense and unproffesional. It started out great. I met 4 people my first day, who I really liked. I was asked to take a test that would assess my natural sales ability. I passed and when I came back I was "prepped" to meet senior level management. I did role plays and was told to prove how much I wanted the position. The entire experience changed when I met with one of the directors. I was asked personal information that made me very uncomfortable. I was prepared to answer typical interview questions but the interviewer kept asking me about my personal motivations and my family's background. I was asked to come back a third time to meet more people and "convince" the director/ manager that I wanted the job. It took about a month. It's all about selling yourself and not about skill set at all - they will hire anyone who passes the assessment test.

Interview Questions

The entire process left a bad taste in my mouth. It did not seem like the type of place I would ever be comfortable at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PageGroup.

Interview process begins with a phone call and then they progress to face to face interviews. Make sure you are able to ask questions and sell back to whatever they are trying to get you to sell. The final step is a meeting with the North American CEO. Honestly, this place is brutal so don't even go on an interview and waste your time.

Interview Questions
    Push for more money. They respect that and they'll give it to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PageGroup.

Two in person interviews
    First interview with two managers and a colleague
    Second interview with managers and managing directors
    They ask about your background, what you know about Michael Page, and pick your brain on what you know about recruitment

Negotiate salary