PageGroup

2.9

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at PageGroup.

An internal recruiter reached out to me via linkedln informing me of the position and telling me she was interested in my background. I was interested as well and she conducted a phone interview and invited me for an interview at the NYC office. The interview was long and I met with 3 of the senior staff members.

Digital/Social Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PageGroup in November 2014.

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. We set up a phone interview, during which she was completely rude: everything was about the way she wanted to do things: my first two questions were "What company is this position for?" and "What is the salary range for this role?" and she dodged both, attempting to turn around the questions on me. Don't answer questions with questions.

Recruiter seemed to believe she was in control of the conversation, and needs to grow a little: you reached out to me, I didn't apply for the job. If you can't provide basic info about the job without hearing all about my experience first - you reached out to me, and identified me as qualified, remember? - then don't waste people's time.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about your work experience, starting with when you graduated college".   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at PageGroup.

I applied online and was contacted the next day for a phone interview. The woman was very nice and professional and the interview took about ten minutes. I came in later that week for an in person interview in New York. I met with two people. The first was nice and professional but the man I met with was not. He spent most of the time telling me personal stories rather than asking about myself. I was also interviewing at other recruitment agencies at the time, and he was asking me in depth questions about their hiring process, their compensation and how they did deals. It was very uncomfortable since he early was more interested in scoping out the competition than interviewing me. I then took an online assessment which lasted about 30 minutes.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PageGroup.

Contacted through a mutual acquaintance, went through several phone screenings that were more like conversations, then invited to interview in person. The interview was very casual/ informal, and seemed to be going well enough. Followed up to find that they had passed without explanation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PageGroup.

Interview process begins with a phone call and then they progress to face to face interviews. Make sure you are able to ask questions and sell back to whatever they are trying to get you to sell. The final step is a meeting with the North American CEO. Honestly, this place is brutal so don't even go on an interview and waste your time.

Interview Questions
    Push for more money. They respect that and they'll give it to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PageGroup.

Two in person interviews
    First interview with two managers and a colleague
    Second interview with managers and managing directors
    They ask about your background, what you know about Michael Page, and pick your brain on what you know about recruitment

Negotiate salary

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PageGroup in May 2014.

Typical Phone Interview with typical standard questions. Then a typical interview also with typical standard questions. They expect you to go above and beyond. Then they make you take an online 30 minute assessment.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Process took 4 weeks total. 2 rounds of phone interviews and 2 rounds of face to face interviews with multiple managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at PageGroup.

The interview process is not for the faint of heart. Was contacted by someone from LinkedIn and I inquired. We had an initial 20 minute phone call and was set up with an interview that next week. The initial interview lasted about 3 hours where I met with 5 people: director, manager and a few of the junior and senior staff of the team. I then was given a caliper test which took about 30 minutes.

From there, I was asked to come back the following week and was to prepare a presentation. I was there for another 3 hours or so and met with the regional director. I was extended an offer that day.

Interview Questions
    • Very general sales-like questions. Nothing that was act through me too off. They really want to see if you are going to be a good culture fit and generally fit in with the team.

What motivates you?
      How were you raised?
        Answer Question
    They want to know who you are interviewing with so be prepared to tell them.

Senior Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at PageGroup.

Personality caliper test, roles plays, interviews

Interview Questions
    they try to push you to decide ASAP