PageGroup Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

First you fill out paperwork and speak to someone who asks all the normal interview questions. Then you take an aptitude survey that will determine how good you will be at sales. Then you meet with another person and do a role play. Then they will call you back and repeat the process 1-3 times.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PageGroup

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The first step, is talking briefly to a recruiter over the phone. You will then go for a face-to-face interview, were you will speak with the recruiter again. After that, you will meet with about one or two senior managers. The senior managers will ask you in depth questions about your resume and why you want to work for Michael Page. They will ask you to do a sales role play, where you have to pretend to sell them a product, depending on the scenario they give you.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PageGroup (Stamford, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

First part of the interview is a one on one meeting with a recruiter consultant. The recruiter asked basic questions about myself, my educational background, previous work experiences as well as current employment situation. The recruiter also touched based on daily tasks that a recruiter would take on, potential salaries and bonuses. Afterwards is a personality assessment

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PageGroup (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition team via linkedin and agreed to have a call. The call went well and he asked if I would be available for a face to face interview the next day. He sent me a Personality Test to complete a couple of hours later. The test took about 45 mins to complete. It wasn't difficult, it's just not my favourite thing to do. The questions repeat themselves in different manners so I felt a bit like a moron answering them. In any case, I must have "passed" because they asked me to come into the office the next day. I was supposed to have two interviews - with the MD and the MD's boss. The more senior gentleman was no longer available so I spoke to the MD only. He was a very nice person and the interview was more of a pleasant discussion. He's asked me about my experience and left me plenty of time to ask my own questions. I knew what he was looking for but didn't want to "improve" the truth about my experience so I was honest about what I did and what I didn't do in the past. I got a negative answer from the TA guy a few days later. I didn't have enough sales and business development experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, general questions about experience, targets, achievements. If you really want the job, I would focus on sales experience more than recruitment.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PageGroup.

Interview

I had a phone screening with a recruiter and an in person interview with 3 manager. I was invited to come back but I turned it down because of a few reason. First the hours are 8 am to 7pm (11 hours a day, everyday), which is pretty ridiculous. I mean come on, say goodbye to any social life and hobbies. Second, they micromanage like crazy with what they call Key Performance Indicters. I mean they track down to how many minutes you are on the phone. If you want to overwork mindlessly, they go for it but honestly it is not worth it.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PageGroup.

Interview

3 step process one with Manager then Managing Director and then finally with North American Director. Then I sat on the desk and listened to phone calls. Then did some final roles plays. It concluded with a nice lunch.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PageGroup.

Interview

After the initial phone screen I met with three managers for roughly 45 minutes each. They were all very informative and made me excited about the role.

Following an online assessment I met with the Managing Director for about an hour, and then had the opportunity to shadow a manager for a few hours to get a good feel for the office and position. I was hooked. Great energy with wonderful people.

The final stage was a Skype interview with the North American Director in the morning and I received an offer by that evening.

I have seen some complaints on the interview process, and my response is that Michael Page interviews that way for a reason. We have very low turnover in our office and a great camaraderie, which comes from hiring the people that are the right fit.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that were thrown at me that were unusual. I've heard that often they will ask you to sell them something, but this question was not given to me.   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PageGroup.

Interview

The interview process was intense and interesting. I was a little bit intimidated at first because they came on a little aggressively, it took a little bit of getting used to. The key was to respond as aggressively as they asked questions, and to keep one thing on your mind at all times: MONEY. Once you say the word, their eyes light up. It's a tough job, no BS, so they want to make sure you have what it takes to handle it.

Interview Questions

• What can you learn from this resume?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

After submitting online application, was contacted via phone with a Talent Acquisition Specialist who "vetted" me before inviting me to come in for an in-person interview. During that meeting I met with the Talent Acquisition Specialist as well as one of the department managers. I was invited to come back and meet with two other higher level executives in addition to the two I had already previously met. I was then never followed up with, despite trying to get in touch with the Talent Acquisition Specialist.

Interview Questions

• Run through a scenario with me where I am a candidate from company X looking for a new position. How would you handle the interview?   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PageGroup in December 2014.

Interview

Started with the standard initial phone call with one of the hiring managers. Pretty standard call, roughly 45 minutes, asking about my background, motivations for the role, why I would be a good fit, etc. After the call the manager asked if I could fly out for a one on one, on site interview. I was told the date and time of this interview would be scheduled shortly after I completed an online personality test which took about an hour to do. However, after completing the assessment and submitting my results I received no further communication from this person. No interview was ever scheduled and I never got a reply to any of my further attempts to reach out to this person.