PageGroup

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PageGroup in November 2014.

Had applied for the job online and was called and invited to an interview a couple of days later. The interview was the next day. Office was busy with a good atmosphere. I was taken to an interview room and given a drink as I waited for my interviewer. Began very informal but soon became tense. Was asked to justify a large amount of things on my cv and decisions I've so far made in life. Lasted almost an hour and ended as informal as it had began.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PageGroup in August 2014.

I firstly had a telephone interview that went really well. Basic discussion about the job role itself and why I applied.

I then met up with someone to have an informal discussion about the role in more detail and to see whether I was the correct candidate. Honestly, this part was fantastic. The lady was lovely and really sold the job to me. She put me straight through to a face to face interview which would include role play. She did explain to me that sometimes the lady who is conducting my interview can be too personal but not to be alarmed by this.

I attended my face to face interview and I felt like I was attacked from the moment I walked into the room. I know I was warned about the questions being personal but some of them where completely unnecessary. For example, "When are you planning on having children" - I am pretty sure a man would not have been asked this question so why do I have to answer it? Furthermore to this "At school did you bully people or was you bullied". It only continued and the fact that I refused to answer some of these questions I could see them writing me off completely.

I appreciate they want to get the best candidates but this was the worst experience of an interview that I have ever had. It was beyond personal and ridiculously aggressive. Even if they were to offer me the job - I would refuse.

Interview Questions
    • When are you planning on having children?
      At school did you bully people or was you bullied?
      Why does your mother not work?
      Your partner is 30 - why has he not had children yet? Does he not want children with you?
        Answer Question

I could not work for such a company that is so disrespectful towards a future potential employee.

PageGroup Response

Oct 28, 2014Head of Digital Innovation

Thank you for your feedback. We are concerned to read this account of your interview and would like to investigate the matter as this is not the standard we expect from our employees. Please could ... More

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PageGroup in May 2014.

Initial telephone interview with a very nice and understanding man. Progressed to 1st face to face interview with director,also a very nice man. Whole process going well. Did online test which again feedback was good. THEN 2nd interview, I had high hopes but one of the managers for the role play was terrible. I knew before it had started he had his own agenda. I felt completely judged,under valued. He was interested and completely wrote me.Also the facts of the neg feedback were inaccurate. It's a shame these types of arrogant, obnoxious people can stop decent experienced,passionate and honest applicants further their desired career. I'm glad to have not progressed in this particular office.

Interview Questions
    • Competency based questions relating to the role. Nothing out the ordinary. You must show you have transferable skills if no recruitment experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Assessment Centre, including role plays, group exercises and short one on one interview

Interview Questions
    • The role plays and group exercises are very specific to the job so if you have no prior exprerience they can be quite challenging   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at PageGroup.

The whole process took about 5 months. First, I was considered for the UK but I didn't have the work permit there, so they considered me for the local office. Had 3 interviews with the same questions over the phone, then they called me and asked if I could make it to the assessment centre the next day, which was very challenging so they rescheduled it for the next week. Assessment centre had questions like 'tell me more about your experience' and then we were split into groups of 6 and had to debate on the question 'Can leopard change its stripes' which meant 'can a person change'. Then we had to sell the company to potential clients and after that we had to write an essay 'Why MP'.
    The next week I received a call telling me that I went through and if I could attend another interview. That time it was with a manager and team members of the department. The next interview after that was with the director. He made sure that I understand the role and if I am willing to stay in the country because I'm single and don't have kids(What???). Few days later I received an email with a contract.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PageGroup in February 2014.

First stage - submitted online application which had basic details, competency questions and opportunity to add CV.

Second stage - 1-1 telephone interview, lasts 20-30 minutes. Highly competency based with selling questions. To be honest, felt more like a graduate interview than a Summer internship one. Feedback/"correct answers" were given at the end of each question.

Third stage - Group interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell to a client who has said they already have candidates in mind?   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PageGroup in January 2014.

After submitting my online application I was invited to have a telephone interview.

The interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. The interviewer was intimidating and judgemental which obviously didn't put me at ease, and seemed fed up when I didn't give her the answers she wanted as I felt under such pressure.

I'm left with a very negative impression of Michael Page and after talking to people about my negative experience it seems I had a lucky escape as they don't seem to like them much either!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you've had to pick yourself up after something negative and motivate yourself to move on.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PageGroup in January 2014.

Phone interview - 1 on 1 - group - final interview and time spent in office and socialising with potential team. Competency questions and online SPQ.

Interview Questions
    • Competency questions more interested in how you answer them - be yourself - they are looking for you personality to shine through. Be confident - this a role where you will be constantly meeting with new candidates/clients so confidence is key.   Answer Question
    Mpage offers a work hard play hard environment. Opportunity to receive the best training and work with people who will make you look forward to Monday morning.

Graduate Scheme Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PageGroup.

Online application process was easy and they replied to me within two days asking me to call and arrange a telephone interview. I called numerous times over the next three days and eventually got hold of them. Telephone interview was quite standard, competency questions related to the role.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have been working as part of a team, but your own individual goals were different to those of the rest of the team, how did you persuade the team to work towards your aim . . .   View Answer

Senior Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PageGroup.

it started with an introduction of the company, then a 2 mins prentation about yourself and why you would like to join the company and of course as a recruitment consultant, after that i had a role play as a consultant with my partner, then you had some time to prepare and sell a product to MP. the last exercise was a group exercise which you had to shortlist 3 candidates for a client. the whole process was quite fun and excited but we had no indiviual interview on the day, and was told to wait for further decision made, however i had nothing feedback whether i got rejected or passed.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were at reasonable level and nothing too difficult   Answer Question