Palantir Technologies Business Development Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Palantir Technologies in July 2009.

The two phone screens were thorough and involved several coding questions and brainteasers. The in-person interview ramped up the difficulty level. There was to be a second round of in-person interviews, for which I was not selected. People were very enthusiastic and there was a high level of office camaraderie. The team is almost exclusively male. Long work hours were mentioned several times.

Interview Questions
  • Given a fleet of 50 trucks, each with a full fuel tank and a range of 100 miles, how far can you deliver a payload? You can transfer the payload from truck to truck, and you can transfer fuel from truck to truck. Extend your answer for n trucks.   View Answers (22)

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Business Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Palantir Technologies in January 2012.

I met some Engineers from Palantir at UIUC career fair. They asked me some algorithm questions at the site. After a few weeks, I received an email asking to set up a phone interview. two weeks later, another round of phone interview. Both phone interview are very similar. I assume I did two rounds because I am living outside of California. After I've passed the phone interview, they flew me for an on-site interview. They offered me two nights at Palo Alto, and It took me three days. The hotel was very nice and cozy. They basically will pay everything you spend in the hotel. The on-site consists of four one on one interviews and a product demo. All the interviews were technical. They were much harder than the phone interviews. I really like the atmosphere of the Palantir and surroundings. Such a pity I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Generate a fibanocci sequence: dach number is the sum of the THREE previous numbers.   View Answer
    • Do a postorder binary tree traversal with constant memory (no stacks).   View Answers (2)
    • given an array of n unsorted integers and each number is at most k positions away from its final sorted position, give an efficient sorting algorithm.   View Answers (4)

Worked for Palantir Technologies? Contribute to the Community!