Palantir Technologies Deployment Strategist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014

3.4

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Deployment Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Had a telephone round with an HR person and then another followup call with a Deployment Strategist based out of Palo Alto.

Was quite disappointed with the interview, having come from an analytical background the interview was pretty much strengths / weaknesses / what do you want to do in 5 years. I have a decent amount of work experience and pretty much crushed all these. Either way, the interesting thing is that from the kind of background and skills I gleaned from the interviewer, this did not really seem like an analytically challenging job. The role seems to be basically getting clients to format their data in a particular way. From reading about the company I was fully expecting a slew of brain teasers and this interview really caught me off guard. When I got the rejection email I was quite stunned. I also emailed the interviewer asking for feedback and got no reply.

After some introspection, perhaps I should have realized I would not come off as a good cultural fit when someone probably 22 years old describes the office culture as "we have like, beers after work and stuff". From the job description it sounded like the job was a good mix of analytical and business skills, and I think I deserved at least a face to face meeting given the strength of my background, but maybe I don't understand the candidate type they are looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Deployment Strategist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2014.

Only got to first phone interview. Basically asked questions such as "describe yourself," "how do you experience see fit to the company," etc.
    It was entirely behavioral and no tech questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2014.

It's a lot easier to get a referral through a friend. I had a visit with a team member at Palantir, then a couple of casual phone conversations about the position, then a phone interview with a team member. All and all, a very pleasant and informative process. Really great looking NYC office!

Interview Questions
    • You have a random number generator and 100 numbers in a column in order. How do you get this column of numbers randomly generated in a new column? What's the methodology? What are some problems with this methodology?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. Initial phone interview with a recruiter in the commercial division. Interview was pretty straight forward, just went over background and a few questions about your interest in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Palantir Technologies in July 2013.

A lot of steps before coming on-site---studied website and blogs for hours, had several assignments, etc. it's intensive you have to really want it

Interview Questions
    • Which of the following has the least memory: CD, USB, harddrive, and a few others   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

I applied to this position through the online job portal. Submitted resume and cover letter and heard back from a recruiter a few days later. The first step was a conversational phone screen with a recruiter. If the recruiter likes you based on the conversation, they will then pose a set of 3-4 situational problem solving scenarios to test your logic skills. The next step was a phone interview with a current Palantir employee in the same position who delves deeper into technical expertise and basic problem solving skills based on the resume. If you pass this round, you will then be asked to complete an exercise in which you use the Palantir software to actually conduct your own investigation, which takes a few hours. If you make it past this, you will be asked to interview at the office in person. Plan on this interview taking at least 6 hours. It is 4 one on one interviews with members of your potential team, and a free lunch in their cafeteria.

Interview Questions
    • In the in-person interview, lots of white-boarding out of logic puzzles and problem solving scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

The other Glass Door Reviews are spot-on. Long (bordering on excessively so), challenging, interesting, exciting process.

Interview Questions
    • Why has google made it when all others failed (technologically, economically, and user-experience-wise)--something like that.   Answer Question

Deployment Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Given I got so many helpful tips from Glassdoor when preparing, I thought it is only fair that I give my review and hopefully it will help other candidates.

- Submitted resume via website, received call
    - Phone Interview
    - On-site

Process took about 2 weeks between phone -> on-site

- They **will** ask programming questions (even if it is a business position as this one was)
    - They will ask you to write your programs on the board

- It is not enough to just write the programs, you may (most likely will) be asked to write them with lower complexity and/or without using any non-standard libraries

Overall, my experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Questions --

- Given an array of numbers find their variance in a single iteration
      - Split a sentence based on a delimiter

Based on some handouts of scatterplots of market returns, etc,

- What can you tell me about the R^2 of the plot
      - How can you create a trading strategy based on the information on these charts, etc

Another question based on the information at http://mindyourdecisions.com/blog/2011/11/01/how-to-split-a-cab-fare-fairly-using-game-theory/
        Answer Question

Deployment Strategist Interview

Two Phone Interviews followed by three round of on-site interviews. Questions were challenging and analytical in nature. So be prepared. Expect questions on your resume and also on the product.

Deployment Strategist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Palantir Technologies in August 2014.

Spoke to a member of HR, who then set up a phone interview with a DS. The interviewer mainly asked situational and behavioural questions and my CV and I what I currently do in my job. No technical questions at all. He interrupted me often while I was answering questions to move on to another one. Overall not an unpleasant experience. I heard that they won't continue with the process a week later. What is very disappointing is that they did not provide any feedback. I think this is quite rude given that I ended up wasting 45 mins of my time without getting even some constructive feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Explain Java to my grandmother.   View Answer
    • In your current project, what would yo do differently if you were to start again.   Answer Question
    • Where should Palantir expand to next (in terms of application field)   Answer Question

Worked for Palantir Technologies? Contribute to the Community!