Palantir Technologies Deployment Strategist Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014

3.4

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Deployment Strategist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Was contacted by a recruiter. Had an initial phone screen about my background/the position. She passed my resume along. First round phone interview, mostly behavioral but also had a hypothetical scenario. Didn't hear back for a week but when I did was asked if I could take the day off on two days notice to come in for a second round. This seemed a bit odd to ask on such short notice.

Next round was 4 interviews. Some with cases, one with brain teaser, one all behavioral. Brain teaser was tough. Behavioral questions seemed a bit irrelevant for someone pretty fresh out of college (what is the toughest decision you've ever had to make etc.) Overall, most people I met were very nice and interesting but the process wasn't too great. There is definitely a feeling that your time as a candidate isn't important (interviewers were frequently late, I was expected to schedule interviews last minute, my phone screen interviewer didn't call me on time and I had to call the recruiter to check in about it etc.) The process was more disorganized than I would expect from a company of Palantir's level.

After the second round the next step would have been a couple more interviews, the recruiter told me. A week later I got a generic email saying I wouldn't be moving forward.

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Deployment Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in September 2014.

Applied through an acquaintance who already worked there. I spent a lot of time researching the company and seeing if I was good fit. Speaking with folks who worked there was awesome - they were friendly, smart, motivated and enjoyed talking about their company. From the outside looking in, it seemed like a great place to work - where you feel good about what you do and that you can make a difference.

The interview process was well organized. Once my application was submitted it took a week for the first round interview. The first round interviewer asked normal questions trying to assess fit and desire to work at Palantir.

The second round interview was more structured problem solving and how one would approach specific problems. The questions were thoughtful and the interviewer was thorough. I did not make it to the next round. Seems like a great company though - you should apply.

Interview Questions
    • There were not unexpected questions. The questions were straightforward and designed to make one think.   Answer Question

Deployment Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in August 2014.

Took a very long time, they were not timely on getting back to me. Overall a positive experience but a lot of repetition. It was a very time consuming process overall and they did not give much notice before the in person interview so was interesting coming up with an excuse for work.

Interview Questions
    • They really like to ask: Explain something complicated.   Answer Question

Deployment Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in June 2014.

Sent resume/cover letter via website and had a current employee forward my resume. Got an interview request three days later, and scheduled a phone interview two days after that. Phone interview was ~45 minutes. Almost two weeks later I received an email that they had decided not to move forward with another interview.

Interview Questions
    • If I picked a number between 1 and 1000, what procedure would you use to determine my number?   View Answer
    • If you had only data from a bank customer's debit card, how would you determine who their associates were?   View Answer

Deployment Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Had a telephone round with an HR person and then another followup call with a Deployment Strategist based out of Palo Alto.

Was quite disappointed with the interview, having come from an analytical background the interview was pretty much strengths / weaknesses / what do you want to do in 5 years. I have a decent amount of work experience and pretty much crushed all these. Either way, the interesting thing is that from the kind of background and skills I gleaned from the interviewer, this did not really seem like an analytically challenging job. The role seems to be basically getting clients to format their data in a particular way. From reading about the company I was fully expecting a slew of brain teasers and this interview really caught me off guard. When I got the rejection email I was quite stunned. I also emailed the interviewer asking for feedback and got no reply.

After some introspection, perhaps I should have realized I would not come off as a good cultural fit when someone probably 22 years old describes the office culture as "we have like, beers after work and stuff". From the job description it sounded like the job was a good mix of analytical and business skills, and I think I deserved at least a face to face meeting given the strength of my background, but maybe I don't understand the candidate type they are looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2014.

It's a lot easier to get a referral through a friend. I had a visit with a team member at Palantir, then a couple of casual phone conversations about the position, then a phone interview with a team member. All and all, a very pleasant and informative process. Really great looking NYC office!

Interview Questions
    • You have a random number generator and 100 numbers in a column in order. How do you get this column of numbers randomly generated in a new column? What's the methodology? What are some problems with this methodology?   View Answer

Deployment Strategist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2014.

Only got to first phone interview. Basically asked questions such as "describe yourself," "how do you experience see fit to the company," etc.
    It was entirely behavioral and no tech questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. Initial phone interview with a recruiter in the commercial division. Interview was pretty straight forward, just went over background and a few questions about your interest in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

I applied to this position through the online job portal. Submitted resume and cover letter and heard back from a recruiter a few days later. The first step was a conversational phone screen with a recruiter. If the recruiter likes you based on the conversation, they will then pose a set of 3-4 situational problem solving scenarios to test your logic skills. The next step was a phone interview with a current Palantir employee in the same position who delves deeper into technical expertise and basic problem solving skills based on the resume. If you pass this round, you will then be asked to complete an exercise in which you use the Palantir software to actually conduct your own investigation, which takes a few hours. If you make it past this, you will be asked to interview at the office in person. Plan on this interview taking at least 6 hours. It is 4 one on one interviews with members of your potential team, and a free lunch in their cafeteria.

Interview Questions
    • In the in-person interview, lots of white-boarding out of logic puzzles and problem solving scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

The other Glass Door Reviews are spot-on. Long (bordering on excessively so), challenging, interesting, exciting process.

Interview Questions
    • Why has google made it when all others failed (technologically, economically, and user-experience-wise)--something like that.   Answer Question