Palantir Technologies Embedded Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014

3.4

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Embedded Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Phone interview -> in person interview -> in person interview -> founder interview.

Standard non-programmer tech questions. Less focus on brain teasers and more focus on reading and understanding data (they brought in papers with charts for me to read and interpret). The (last) founder interview actually has a fairly low pass through rate, so don't think that meeting the founder = offer.

Only problem was entire process lasted a few months for me - you need to stay on top of the recruiting department (through your referrer most likely) to keep the process moving quickly.

Interview Questions
They matched my salary - no problems.

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Embedded Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

I applied online and received a phone call a few weeks after I applied. The whole process took probably around 9 months-- many, many interviews, usually around 8PM EST, with various people. In total, I had about 8 interviews, not including the final site visit. Each of the interviews were a little draining, consisting of about half an hour of getting-to-know-you type questions to determine if I was a jerk (their words) and then half an hour of engineering questions.

After months of phone interviews, they flew me to Palo Alto, where I had a full day of interviews with a variety of people, to include lunch with potential co-workers. The final two interviews of the day were with the two founders.

Interview Questions
    • Any of the engineering questions, like, "If you had a client who wanted to measure the water speed in the Potomac, how would you approach that?" Google-style questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Palantir Technologies in September 2013.

Came on campus for internship recruiting in the Spring, and then got a first round phone interview. Passed the interview but then the internships filled up and I was told to contact the company for full time in the fall. I did this, had another phone interview. The first phone interview was more of a resume walkthrough and they asked what you knew about the company, and the second one was more behavioral style questions. Then I had a superday up in NYC with 4 interviews. One was an open ended case asking how to best use data to solve a problem, more pick your brain style question. Another was a series of brainteasers, mild tech questions but nothing code heavy. Another was more behavioral and it seemed like they were telling me more about the position and offered to answer any questions I had. The last one was more general case style that you might see from management consultancies, albeit again more open ended with definitive answer at the end. After all of this flew to the west coast for a founder interview. The west coast trip involved a product demo, going to lunch with another employee, and the interview itself. It was fairly casual, asking questions like "What is Palantir", "Why should we hire you", and other big picture questions about my previous work experience and resume.

Interview Questions
    • What is your Superpower, and super weakness? Brainteaser with fluctuating stock prices.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in November 2012.

They interviewed me for the wrong job, even after I corrected them. They kept asking programming questions even though I applied for a position in sales. The interviewer was rude and unprofessional. He kept asking irrelevant and weird questions like which high school I attended; demanding to know the answer. They also scheduled the interview at an inconvenient time.

Interview Questions

The recruiters and interviewer were unprofessional; they also scheduled the interview late in the evening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Two weeks later, a FDE called me, spoke for about 45 minutes.
    A week later heard back and set up the second phone interview. First two interviews are relatively similar. Be sure to know as much about the company and the product as possible.
    Third interview is on-site in Palo Alto.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would have a client adopt Palantir's software.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2012.

Contacted at a job fair. Initial interview about brain teasers and questions about the knowledge of the company, second interview other brain teasers and further questions about the knowledge of the company. Fair interview except that the decision to proceed to the next step is based on the mood of the interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in September 2012.

Initial phone interview with an embedded analyst - standard questions on background, experience and what I knew about Palantir. Site interviews in Washington office. 3 interviews over a morning with various employees at Palantir and a demo of the platform. Final interviews in Palo Alto with 5 Palantir employees, the final one being with one of the founders of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Final interview with the founder - not much time to impress so really think about how you can sell yourself, why Palantir is the right company for you and what you will bring to the table.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in June 2012.

It took me a while to get on here and to write this review of the Palantir interview process, but here it is...

I applied online by submitting my resume, next I received a e-mail asking me to do a phone interview with another Embedded Analyst already working at Palantir. So I made time for the first phone interview and the interviewer was a no show (this should have been my first indication..), after this date/time was missed I made contact again with the Talent Coordinator to find out what happened and they apologized and rescheduled it. Once I finally got on the phone with the interviewer he asked me several questions about Palantir and technology in general. At this point I had a good feeling and sure enough I went on to the five person ALL DAY interview.

At the five person ALL DAY interview I was asked several questions about programming, different scenarios and how I would handle them. All very easy questions especially if you have experience in the Intelligence Community and also with technology. All the interviewers were nice with the exception of one who just talked and asked a question only to cut you off during the answer (he was wearing flip flops playing Tetris- so sorry to inconvenience you). Further, they had these iPhones in which they would, what seems to be, professionally gossip during the interview, noting everything that went on during the interview so the rest of the team would know.. and then ask you the same question differently. Very interesting to say the least.

My only gripe was if you know you aren't going to hire someone within one or two interviews do not make me sit there all day? This was very disrespectful especially since I had no idea I would be there all day. Hey at least I got a shirt.

Advice: If you apply for Palantir just be ready to start playing unprofessional games with your time and do not expect any communication unless they initiate it. Also be ready to waste your time because Palantir (as you can see below) doesn't hire anyone unless you wear flip flops and. (news flash.. this isn't California it's DC!!) are a good fit

I love Palantir software and always promoted it in the workplace, but after this interview, from an IC perspective, I do not see this company making it very far because they burn bridges with out thinking about it. I haven't used the software (at my current job) since.

Accepted an offer with Northrop Grumman the same day I was turned down by Palantir. Good luck Palantir hope the missed interview and the 5 panel back to back interviews work out well for those who already use your software and you turn them down, because word spreads... Like Verizon good product bad people.

Interview Questions
    • Describe Object Oriented Programming   View Answer
    • How would you have customers "adopt" Palantir   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in May 2012.

Initial communication: Asked about my resume, and gave a quick background on my history.

First Interview : Asked to describe a mechanical process. I used a diagram on paper as a prop. This was a reasonable question, since it was directly in my background

Second Interview: Describe a project I have worked on before. Looking for engineering processes, overall problem solving capability.

Third Interview: More a description of what the job would entail from my interviewer. Basically had to listen and learn more than anything else.

Fourth Interview: Division lead.

Fifth Interview: One of the founders of the company. Asked what about the company I found attractive.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a process that you used before, and teach it to me   View Answer
    • What about Palantir do you find interesting, and what do you really like about it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in April 2012.

I applied online for an embedded analyst position (title is set to change I am told). I received an email almost 2 weeks later that they'd like to have a phone interview. That was set up a few days later. I spoke for 30+ minutes to, I believe, an engineer who asked me some basic resume review questions and began to broach some more technical items- which I believe were probably very elementary for people with CS backgrounds but, for me, were not so easy. When I got off the phone, I figured that was the end of my Palantir process but I sent a thank you email to the recruiter the next day and received an invite for an in-person interview which would be two weeks later. The interview process consisted of 5 x 45 minute interviews, all one-on-one and back-to-back. Normal interview questions, reviewing your previous experience, how you would engage customers, how you would problem solve. Also a few brain teasers which were in the normal range for difficulty, and mostly just wanted to see your thought processes in action, I believe. They called me the following Monday to let me know I did not get the job. I am happy I interviewed with Palantir, I felt that they were fair and friendly. And their expectations were pretty transparent too. I left the interviews feeling not up-to-par with my technical skills and that is, I believe, what killed my chances. My advice: if you are applying as an embedded analyst/business development side, analytical background is required but so is a healthy dose of technical know-how, in fact a robust technical skill set is required.

Interview Questions
    • A company has bought the Palantir software, how are you going to implement its training and its adoption?   View Answer