Palantir Technologies

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Palo Alto, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Palantir Technologies in May 2012.

Interview Details – The first red flag is that the job requisition has been open for months. They are either looking for someone that doesn't exist or don't know what they're looking for at this time. I applied nonetheless. Almost immediately I was emailed to set up a phone interview/screening. A few days later I found myself on the phone with an administrative assistant doing the initial phone interview. She let me know first thing that she did not source my resume and she didn't have time to review it before the call. Great! I should have hung up then. After answering why I was leaving my job she kept digging. I know that good interviewers should always ask but not dig. I am in the process of leaving my current job due to an uncomfortable situation at work (not performance related). I will not go into details about that. Most people know what that means and after 4 years at the same company, I think my job performance should do the talking. The rest of the questions asked during the interview were plain vanilla.

Interview Questions

Executive Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Palantir Technologies in April 2012.

Interview Details – I make a lot of judgements about a company in how they choose to orchestrate their interview process. That being said, I was relieved when I stopped being considered a candidate after the second phone interview for an EA position at Palantir Technologies.

For starters, the interviews were conducted by admins, not trained human resource professionals. I did great with the first EA I interviewed with, but she was engaging and communicative. She obviously had a grasp of proper interview conduct and the interview was a two-way street.

The second phone interview was the complete opposite. The EA I spoke with couldn't conduct an interview to save her life. She asked me, "How do you see yourself fitting into our work culture?" I realize she was trying to see if I had researched the company (of course I had) but culture is a complicated topic and cannot be understood by someone who has not been within said culture. So I asked her to describe the culture to me in a few words, and she snapped "just answer the question!". Oaky doakey. Ultimately she decided not to forward me as a candidate because when I told her that I like to "grow" within my role, she decided that meant I was only interested in getting promoted and therefore wouldn't be devoted to my position. I guess such nonsense is to be expected when you are being interviewed by someone with no hiring background.

Also, the questions were the exact same with both interviewers and they are obviously not catered to individual candidates. For example, they both asked how I heard about the company (um, through my recruiter) and why I chose to apply there (um, I didn't. My recruiter gave them my resume). I did extremely thorough research on the company; it's slightly an insult that they couldn't return the favor on even a basic level. I no doubt dodged a bullet with that one!

Interview Questions

Executive Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Palantir Technologies in May 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online via their website. I immediately was contacted to set up an initial phone interview. After scheduling and rescheduling, I was called about a week or so later not by the person who said was going to be calling me, but by someone else. Nice person but definitely sounded like an admin. Overall I thought the interview went well, it seemed quite easy. She did seem a bit surprised that I had questions for her at the end. I sent a follow up thank you the next day and after receiving confirmation they had gotten it, heard nothing for ten days. Finally, I inquired about the status of the position and was sent a generic "thanks but no thanks" email back. I think it's quite rude they took so long to reply and only bothered to when I asked. I feel like I may have dodged a bullet with this company.

Interview Question – Would you be okay with having to check emails and possibly do some last-minute work in the evenings or on the weekends?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Palantir Technologies

Worked for Palantir Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Palantir Technologies Executive Assistant interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Palantir Technologies employees and interview candidates.