Palantir Technologies Financial Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

15 minute phone interview with a current Financial Analyst. Pretty straightforward questions like 1) Why do you want to work at Palantir, 2) Tell me about your leadership experience, etc..

Interview Questions
  • If I told you $10M was spent on travel with $4M to Recruiting, $2M to Engineering, and $4M to Business Development, what is your initial reaction?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in November 2012.

After applying online, I received an inviatation to do a phone interview within a few weeks. Following the initial phone interview I was given a second phone interview. Both of these were a half an hour in length and very straight-forward. Bascially standard 1st round resume questions ("why do you want to work at Palantir?", talk about your experience doing x/y/z, ask them some questions).

A few weeks later I was invited out to Palo Alto to interview in person. I interviewed with 5 people in the morning (all for 30 minutes, except for the lunch interview) and then was given a product demo. The in-person interviews were basically the same "resume-type" interviews that I did over the phone. Only during the lunch inbterview did I receive one market-sizing question. As others have suggested, I did not meet the founders and did not receive an offer.

Overall, I would say the experience was generally enjoyable (nice people, great accomodations for on-site interviews, etc.), but certainly drawn-out. It probably took more than two months from the time I applied to my in-person interview.

The other critque of the process is that in many ways the interviews are "too easy". I have no idea how they make informed hiring decisions for business positions based on "tell me about yourself?" questions and one 10-minute case-type question.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

I talked to one of their employee at a career fair. I received an email 2 weeks later despite the fact I didn't apply online. We scheduled an on-phone interview that lasted for 15 minutes. After 3 days, I got an email saying that I'm fit for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What information will you ask to provide an analysis of outstanding accounts.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

This is a review for the phone interview, which is as far as I got. I had originally submitted myself for a position in a different department, but the recruiting team felt I would be a better fit for finance.

The phone interviewer was himself nervous from the very moment he picked up the phone, which was a bit unnerving for myself. He spoke quickly, and his voice cracked several times over the course of the interview. Personally, this was immediately distracting, though I suppose it's entirely up to your individual reactions.

Having had my resume and recommending me for a separate position, I figured that the interviewer would be asking me questions which were more general or brain-teaser-y, but the content was almost entirely surrounding how I would tackle problems on a day to day basis within the role. The interviewer gave absolutely no context and used fluffy, nonspecific language when he asked me to describe how I would "create a financial dashboard" in my role at Palantir. When I asked for clarification and specifics, he told me that was my answer, and wouldn't give any context.

The interview went poorly as a result, and as soon as I hung up the phone I knew I wouldn't be moving forward. The individual interviewing me was himself a financial analyst at the company, which strikes me as being odd, as well as posing a few conflicts of interest. There was no rudeness in the process, but the lack of professionalism and clear barriers in communication were frustrating. Perhaps it is for the best, if it is any sign as to what working for the company would be like. Two weeks later, the company emailed back with a rejection statement.

Financial Analyst Interview

The overall interview process was extremely disorganized. While I enjoyed getting to meet some of the folks that work there, you can immediately see they have personality traits that are akin to their ages. One interviewer would constantly cut me off mid-sentence while I was responding to one of his questions. Another interviewer had no idea about simple financial metrics like 'contra', etc. Overall it was an interesting atmosphere with a extremely disorganized recruiting process that led me to turning down the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Excel can sort numbers from ascending to descending and vice versa. How do you think excel calculates this?   Answer Question

Very disorganized, people were not friendly

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2010.

The interview lasted for 45 minutes. They asked me few questions regarding my resume, past experiences and other behavioral questions. Then I was asked a lot of analytical questions, based on graphs. It was basically a data interpretation round. I was almost sweating by the end of the interview but I thought I did well. I did not receive a call for the second round. I guess they are very picky.