Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Palantir Technologies
- Software Engineer (84)
- Forward Deployed Engineer (60)
- Deployment Strategist (34)
- Embedded Analyst (22)
- Mission Specialist (18)
- Software Engineering (15)
- QA Engineer (14)
- Product Quality Engineer (13)
- Forward Deployed Software Engineer (12)
- Business Development (10)
- Software Engineer Intern (9)
- Software Developer (8)
- Software Engineering Intern (8)
- Engineering (7)
- Financial Analyst (6)
- Software Engineer Internship (6)
- Support Engineer (5)
- Missions Operations Analyst (5)
- Product Quality Engineer Intern (4)
- Financial Operations Analyst (4)
- Administrative Assistant (4)
- Intern (4)
- Wordsmith (4)
- Business Operations and Strategy (3)
- Forward Deployed Engineer Intern (3)
- Unix Systems Administrator (3)
- Software Development Intern (3)
- Writer (3)
- Executive Assistant (3)
- Site Reliability Operations Analyst (3)
Financial Engineer Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week – interviewed at Palantir Technologies in August 2011.
Met representatives at University Career Fair. Asked couple of questions about hashing and how to find the intersection of 2 linked lists in best running time. Got a mail couple of days later asking to set up a phone interview.
Phone interview started off with resume analysis, asking me about my projects, in class and out of class. Went in depth so as to why I pursued those projects, and why I chose to employ a certain data structure (Why did you use the K-D tree to do the nearest neighbor search) Make sure you know your resume stuff very well.
Went on to ask about all sorting algorithms I was aware of, and their best/average running times.
Then came the most challenging part of the interview, the building question (detailed below) i don't think I did a very good job on that..
A week later got a thank you email telling me they had found another suitable candidate.
- List all sorting algorithms you know and their running times. View Answers (2)
- Given an array with building sizes, find the building to be knocked over from the left (assuming you are Godzilla) so as to knock over maximum number of buildings. The buildings once knocked over, can reach as far as their height. So, if the array is (2, 4, 0, 0, 0, 1) , We would have to knock over 2, which will knock over 4, 2 and 1. Also notice in (2, 6, 4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1) the 6 would reach over the 4 and knock over the 1. (Something that I confirmed with the interviewer) View Answers (2)