Palantir Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

3.3

Generalist Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Great interview, great company, great staff. My candidacy was considered for the position, and the interview was casual and intriguing. I truly enjoyed the conversation I had with my interviewee, and the atmosphere of the workspace is fascinating.

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, first will talk about the company and your resume. After that, will give an emial to schedule a time for the sceond interview. then the second interview are all about the technical questions

Legal Ninja Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The interview consisted of a presentation on the company with about 10 other applicants for various positions and several one on one meetings. There was not a whole lot of discussion about my experience. A lot of the time was spent talking about my personal life and about what I like to do outside of work. Some of the questions bordered on being illegal to ask. Although the interview was well organized, it felt mechanical and impersonal even though many of the questions were about non-work related topics.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked me to analyze a non-disclosure agreement and provide advice on it to software engineers.   1 Answer

Content Strategist Interview

Interview

I didn't even get an interview, but Palantir sent an automatic email confirming receipt of my application, and a follow-up email the next business day letting me know that I wouldn't be getting an interview. That's a basic courtesy that I wish more companies would extend to applicants.

Interview Questions

• Note that the application form requires writing samples and an online portfolio.   Answer Question

Growth Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

After Palantir reached out directly to me, I went through a week long submission process where I was granted a secondary phone interview. Only, they didn't show up for the call. When I tried to follow up on the no-show, it took them 3 days to respond, with a one liner that they had decided they no longer wanted to interview me.

When I asked for simple feedback, they refused. Not policy.

I don't mind the rejection, but have some courtesy. After 10 years experience working for Fortune 500s and start ups alike, I have learned that any company that doesn't care enough to send a simple email isn't one you should work for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

The interview process for me started with a project, where I had to use the Palantir platform to solve a problem. Then I had several phone screens with Deployment Strategists at Palantir. After the phone screens, there was an on-site visit, where I was interviewed by other Deployment Strategists along with individuals in Business Development and Engineering. Although the on-site interviews were much more difficult than the phone screens, most of the questions were very interesting and intellectually stimulating. Overall positive experience.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Found representative at a info session at my university. Gave them my resume. They emailed me to take a quick coding challenge on Hanckerrank. It was really easy. Then they scheduled a phone interview. Used codepair. Pretty intense.

Interview Questions

• Capitalize first letter of each word in a sentence   Answer Question
    • Find strongly connected components in a graph (use DFS or BFS)   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

The phone interview process was just for the recruiter to get to know you a little better and also ask a basic questions regarding troubleshooting and searching through an array. The recruiter was very nice and helpful with regards to giving me tips on how I should prepare for my technical interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had an array of million or more elements, how would you efficiently find a desired element?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the recruiter after a month. Initially 1 phone interview of 45 min was planned but after that they took one more 45 min interview. This was somewhat tough.

Interview Questions

• 1) Finding duplicate entry in an integer array. Next there were variations of this where I had to find duplicate entry only if it was within some index range, and next if the values were not actually duplicate but within some range of values.
      2) Given an array as input find the output array that has median of each sub array whose index starts from 0 to i(i = 1,2...array.length-1).
      I took a lot of time to understand what median is. Then again to understand what the actual question was.

2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Coding challenge, followed by 2 phone screens within the next 1.5 weeks, followed by an onsite visit 1 week later, with 4 interviews throughout the day. Received a phone call a little over a week later telling me that I didn't make it but offering me feedback, which was very respectable.

Interview Questions

• Lots of recursive and breadth-first search problems. Asked for complexity of the solutions quite often, so know thy complexities. Be prepared to come up with more efficient solutions. Work quickly and work cleanly.   Answer Question