Palantir Technologies

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview Details – Apply on University job board. Got an email to do the code challenge. HR gets back the next day and schedule an phone interview. Another phone interview and then the thank you letter. The two interviewers were nice and walk me through the problem. But I didn't figure out the second problem(run out of time).

Interview Question – Coding questions are all on Graphs.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Operations Analyst Interview

Financial Operations Analyst
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Palantir Technologies in May 2014.

Interview Details – Conducted one phone interview with a current Finance Operations Analyst. He seemed really uninterested with the conversation and asked basic questions. In addition, he was ten minutes late to the call and ended the call 5 minutes earlier. Overall it was not the best experience for a company that received good reviews for their work. Perhaps the interview process is a bit flawed.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging day at my current job.   Answer Question

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Forward Deployed Engineer
Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Palantir Technologies in March 2013.

Interview Details – The initial communications were good, the phone interview went very well, and the local interviews were good. When I was sent to California to do the second round of in-person interviews, however, it seemed like a different tone. Their leadership was interested in different technical areas than other people had been asking about, so it was odd to have the shift of focus.

Interview Question – I forget the specifics, but they were algorithm related questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was for an uninteresting position.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Palantir Technologies

Interview Details – Got contacted by phone after a campus job fair.

two phone interviews + three onsite interviews.

The interview was not easy for me. But I like Palantir's atmosphere and its location. For onsite interview, it includes breakfast and lunch.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is about a algorithm question, and the ways to test it.   Answer Question

Evangelism Intern Interview

Evangelism Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview Details – An initial phone screen for overall culture fit and to check if I'd done any homework on the company. If you can answer a question along the lines of "What is Palantir?" you'll probably get passed the first phase.

The second step was a phone interview with a team lead in the Evangelism group itself. This was a lot tougher, and I can sympathize with the other comments here about them asking vague questions with specific expectations.

Interview Question – "How would you use our technology to solve a problem or create a project of your own design?"   View Answer

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Product Quality Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Palantir Technologies in April 2014.

Interview Details – two interviews.
1) How would you test a blender. How do you find the repeat in an array of integers. Also asked why you want the position you want. Do you know what palantir does?
2) Test a spotify / pandora. Why do you want to work for palantir. They also asked if you have any questions for them.

Interview Question – probably the spotify/pandora testing since it was just me talking about testing and asking for clarifications   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Forward Deployed Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview Details – Rigorous application process for a role that demands strong problem solving abilities. You first apply online and if your resume + cover letter passes the test, HR will email you to schedule a call. They ask a few behavioral interview questions but then get right to complex problem which they want you to work through verbally on the call.

Interview Question – On the call I received this question which I had never previously heard. http://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/23/the-puzzle-of-100-hats/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview Details – It was interesting . . . very interesting. The interviewer asked me why Google was so successful. I suspect I gave the wrong answer as I never received a callback. However, I missed our initial interview due to a conflict with my existing job; this did not appear to please the HR recruiter. Having said all that, it definitely seems like a great place to work.

Interview Question – Why is Google Chrome such a successful browser.   Answer Question

Unix Systems Administrator Interview

Unix Systems Administrator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me via Linkedin 1st. A week later, she conducted an technical phone interview that including asking basic Linux commands and basic day-to-day sys admin tasks. Two weeks later, Palantir team lead conducted 2nd technical phone interview. He asked standard linux admin interview questions, such as what records are in a DNS packet. Two weeks later, some guy on the team conducted 3rd technical phone interview. This time I needed to remote login to thier virtual system to perform some basic admin stuff.

Interview Question – I'm relatively new in the linux admin field so I did not study the "standard linux admin interview questions" beforehand. I did not answer the DNS packet question very well.   Answer Question

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Product Quality Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview Details – 1 HR interview and Two technical screening phone interviews and then an onsite. First phone was testing based questions like, how do you test browser installation process. The second one was implement an algorithm to return a boolean if there are duplicate characters in an array and its performance.
I am still not sure why I did not get it. Anyways, Explain the code better, as they might not share the screen to see what code have you written.

Interview Question – algorithm to return true or false, based on the repetition of characters in an array.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Palantir Technologies