Palantir Technologies

3.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

I applied online, a few weeks later I was contacted via email for a phone screening. I had about a 30 minute phone call with a team member who got to "know" me and see what I was about. Another, recruiter called me and asked me more technical and analytical based questions. I moved on to the next process which involved working a complex analytical problem in a set amount of time. I spent about 72 hours working the problem and submitted my results. I was informed about a week later that my analytical capability was not quite what they were looking for. I was thanked for my participation and told to re-apply.

Interview Questions
  • Explain what you believe the right balance is between being technical and functional as a manager?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Missions Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter, then was introduced to the person that was going to be interviewing me via email. The interview process was horrible to say the least. The interviewer was young, new to the company, and had no idea how to hold a proper interview. He/she asked me if I held a position similar to the one I was interviewing for....when that was the first position listed on my resume--I doubt they even looked it over. When it came time for me to ask my questions concerning the position, I began to ask technical questions that I thought were appropriate for the position.This would show that my technical skills aligned with the role, and Palantir actually advises you do this to show you have interest. The interviewer stumbled on words, and was unable to answer my questions--technical and generic. After about a week, I received an email from my recruiter saying that I wasn't technical enough for the position. Really? I'm not technical enough even though the interviewer couldn't answer any of my technical questions? Yea...I don't think so. 2

Do NOT waste your time with this company. After reading all of the reviews on here, I thought that it wouldn't happen to me, but low and behold Palantir sure did deliver.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just generic behavioral questions and technical questions related to the position.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in April 2013.

Applied to posting on their site. Phone interview, then an in-person interview with several different people that day. Pretty standard interview questions but got the feeling they were definitely targeting a specific group (read: young, bright and inexpensive). If you are over 35 years old I think you will be perceived as too expensive and be at a serious disadvantage. A check of the salary figures on this site confirms my suspicion - there is a method to how they hire and it's thinly disguised age discrimination.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get the customer to adopt Palantir more than they already are?   View Answer

Mission Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

I submitted my application online and a recruiter contacted me the next day to schedule a phone interview. I had this phone interview one week later and was asked all behavior questions about why am I interested in the company and talking about my experiences on my resume. One week after the phone call, I was asked to fly out to Palo Alto for an onsite interview.

I was in their office for a total of 5 interviews and 1 demo. I had 3 interviews with people from the team, 1 interview with the head of the department, and 1 interview with one of the founders. I thought I provided good answers to their questions and that the founder liked me. A recruiter emailed me 4 days later saying that while they identified my skills and passion, I was not a good fit for the position but hopes to cross paths in the future. Is this just a generic rejection letter they send to everyone?

Interview Questions
    • Why this position over any other position at Palantir?   Answer Question

Mission Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in November 2012.

The interview process was pretty straightforward. They really try and push the interviews through quickly. However, they want, what they want, and you either fit that or you don't. There is no real middle ground.

The questions in the interviews were generic at best, and they definitely focus on their company a lot.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult questions, for vague than anything, which tend to be hard to articulate what they are looking for, in terms of an answe   Answer Question

They offered me a job a didn't want. Again, be careful if you interview for something, they might switch what you are interviewing for without notice.

Missions Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I noticed that Palantir were opening in London and was really keen to join the company. Unfortunately they didn't have any mid-level positions and so I applied to join their Op's team. Palantir pride themselves on their confusing job titles and the position was essentially one of 'packing up computer gear and sending it to various destinations, like Afghanistan'.

I submitted my CV and was invited for a phone interview, which I took with a young guy based in their Palo Alto office. When I asked about career progression he seemed quite offended and stated that everyone was really happy in the jobs they already had. After that I received a "Dear John" email.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, really just general chit-chat.   Answer Question

Missions Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2013.

Initial call with someone in this position. Brief interview, asking why I was interested in the job and what work experience I had. A follow up call a couple of weeks later had a much more in depth interview, asking about my resume, work I had done that showed why I would be good for the job and included some hypothetical scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    • Without any special equipment, how would you calculate the amount of water that passed through a cross section of a river?   Answer Question