Palantir Technologies Product Quality Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2014

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Quality Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

I went through a quick interview with the hiring manager and two different current QE employees over a period of 4 weeks. The interviewers were extremely nice and willing to help out and answer any questions; I very much enjoyed going through the interview process with Palantir. They ask in general two types of questions in the interview: a simple technical question that addresses whether you know about simple data structures and is at least capable of adding on the their current vocab and understanding, and a testing question where they ask you to test a product (i.e. a vending machine).

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in March 2014.

Consisted of initial phone screen by recruiter, plus three additional 45 minute phone interviews with project and team leads. I was not interviewing for a strictly coding-focused position, more of grey-box or black-box testing, so the questions I was asked were typically general questions about testing some hypothetical product. However, I did have a few basic coding questions that were basically to assess whether I was familiar with certain data structures (hash maps, arrays, sorted heap) and assessing runtime (big-O notation).

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were things like, "You work for a company that manufactures blenders. How do you test this blender?" They're basically looking for you to consider every possible angle in which you would test this product-- Who's the user, what's your company's warranty, how does it handle standard products, how well does it make a milkshake, how does it handle rocks if you put them in there, should it handle rocks, etc. They also asked me to test an office printer, an ATM machine, and a web browser.

The coding questions I was asked were things like, "Given an unsorted array with n elements where every element except for one is duplicated in the array, how do you find the unique element?"
        View Answer

I was offered another position in an entirely unrelated field that spoke to my interests much more. It was definitely a very tough call.

Product Quality Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in December 2013.

Was emailed after submitting my resume online to set up a phone interview - the emailer prompt replies to all my questions. First interview was a phone screen, which asked one question on arrays and then a testing question about an office printer. Then they went silent for two weeks until another phone interview, which was more behavioral and another testing question about a GPS. Next, after a month of silence, I got offered an on-campus interview, which consisted of 3 interviews back-to-back, then a tour of the campus. If you do well they ask you back for another round, I didn't and was given a t-shirt and a thank you. Their cafeteria is great though!

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions weren't difficult - top k values of an array, fibonacci numbers recursively/iteratively. Testing question: how would you test a defective Google Docs?   Answer Question

Product Quality Engineer Intern Interview

I was contacted by the HR person and had my first interview with a senior product quality engineer. Then I had another phone interview with a team member. I didn't make it to the on-site interview though. The overall interviewers were very nice and straight-forward.

Interview Questions
    • Given a code, how would you test it.
      How would you test an Amazon shopping cart.
        Answer Question

Product Quality Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Talked to a recruiter on the phone for about a half hour. He told me I fit into this position given the resume I submitted. Talked to an engineer 2 days later and she asked me several technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • You have an unlimited amount of eggs at a 100 story building. Explain how you would find the lowest floor an egg can drop from without breaking using the least amount of testing eggs possible.   View Answer