Palantir Technologies

Updated Oct 10, 2014

3.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Through On-Campus Career fair. They answered some basic questions about Palantir and its products. A week later I got an email from an HR personnel stating the recruiters from the career fair had forwarded my resume to them and thought had good potential for the role. First round was by the HR personnel and I was asked two questions: (1) how would you test a blender? (2) how would you find a repeating number in an array? I cleared this and was set up for a technical interview with a Product Quality Engineer. The interview consisted of two questions again (1) How would you test a website? and (2) Given a number how would you find out if it was a palindrome or not. The interviewer was quite nice and encouraged me when I was in going the right way. Third interview was rather unexpected. The interviewer questioned my interest in programming. Then asked me two questions (1) how I would make a server architecture for a dictionary, how many servers would be involved and what problems could be perceived, (and stressed on computer architecture for this case). I was also asked to follow up on the palindrome question, (2) given an array, how would you find the largest palindrome? with better efficiency?

Interview Questions
  • how you would make a server architecture for a dictionary, how many servers would be involved and what problems could be perceived?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Product Quality Engineer Interview

I interviewed with them for an intern position the first year of college, also my first year of coding. The questions they asked were pretty straightforward and didn't have a problem with it. It's a phone interview but they're very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in June 2014.

I shot my resume into Palantir's job portal on a Thursday night and heard back from a recruiter <24 hours later. I was quite impressed by how it's not a black hole.

Schedule was as follows; I always heard back for the next steps within one week.

Recruiter phone screen: Wednesday

1st phone interview request: Thursday
    Phone interview with PQE: Wednesday

2nd phone interview request: Tuesday
    Phone interview with PQE: Friday

Invitation for on-site interview: Monday
    On-site interview: Friday
    Phone call from recruiter with no offer: Wednesday

The on-site interview consisted of a brief check-in with the recruiter, three 1:1 45-minute interviews with PQEs in the morning, lunch and office tour with two PQEs, then a product demo (which started late that day due to technical difficulties, so the other candidates and I were left waiting in the lobby for maybe 20 minutes). I was pulled out of the demo early to interview with a fourth PQE. After this, the recruiter came, gave me a T-shirt, and told me she would call me next week with an update. In total, I was on-site from 10am - 4pm.

No luck this time in getting a job offer. I still had a positive experience interviewing, though. The recruiter was timely in her responses, the employees I met seemed happy with their work, everyone who interviewed me gave me their undivided attention. I enjoyed the office tour -- I requested to see all the dogs, and my tour guide happily obliged. :)

Interview Questions
    • All interviews began with behavioral/fit questions, led into a technical question (test some physical object or program, write a function), and ended with "Do you have any questions for me?" To be honest, I thought the questions were fair and not too difficult. I suppose my answers didn't stand out enough compared to other interviewers, though.   View Answer

Product Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

1 HR interview and Two technical screening phone interviews and then an onsite. First phone was testing based questions like, how do you test browser installation process. The second one was implement an algorithm to return a boolean if there are duplicate characters in an array and its performance.
    I am still not sure why I did not get it. Anyways, Explain the code better, as they might not share the screen to see what code have you written.

Interview Questions
    • algorithm to return true or false, based on the repetition of characters in an array.   Answer Question

Product Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in April 2014.

two interviews.
    1) How would you test a blender. How do you find the repeat in an array of integers. Also asked why you want the position you want. Do you know what palantir does?
    2) Test a spotify / pandora. Why do you want to work for palantir. They also asked if you have any questions for them.

Interview Questions
    • probably the spotify/pandora testing since it was just me talking about testing and asking for clarifications   Answer Question

Product Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Palantir Technologies in April 2014.

I applied online and a recruiter got back to me. I had an initial screening before moving onto first rounds of interviews. I had 2 phone interviews. I was asked to string parse.

Product Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Applied online and heard back over a month later. They scheduled me for a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice over the phone and asked me a technical question about arrays. Then he asked me how I would go about testing a physical object…I forgot what it was. I struggled but he was very nice at guiding me in the right direction. Then he said he would set up a phone interview with an engineer with me.

My next phone interview happened about a week later with a female engineer. She asked me how I would go about testing an e-reader. I forgot to state assumptions; I later thought about so much more I could say, but in the moment I struggled.

Didn't hear back for about a week, so I e-mailed the recruiter. A few days later I got an automated notice that I would not be moving forward in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Met a current PQE for a casual meet and greet. About a week later, I went for 2 full days of interviews with current employees. I didn't feel like any of the interviewers had actually read my resume. Then, I got invited back to interview with one of the founders. He definitely hadn't read my resume, and seemed disinterested in interviewing. Overall, not a great experience, but I stuck it out because I had heard good things about working there.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any specific questions, but I was presented with mostly algorithm questions, problem solving scenarios, and riddles.   Answer Question

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Gave them my resume at a career fair. A phone interview was set up after a few emails. I was talking to two women in that job-group.

Interview Questions
    • I have an ATM machine and a debit card. How do I test it and for each is it a positive, negative or edge case   Answer Question

Product Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in November 2013.

Applied through career fair held at respective college. I received an email asking for a phone interview about a month later. The phone interview was about an hour long. They first ask about the information listed on the resume (work experience, research, etc), then ask you couple of questions. They are very broad. First question involves your knowledge on troubleshooting. The next question is something code-related question, but still very general.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't an unexpected question. Just asked how you would troubleshoot a website that was not working.   Answer Question