Palantir Technologies QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.8

QA Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair, had two screening phoning calls. Then flew out and did the on site where they do three different interviews all fairly similar to the screening. Nearly every question that was asked was posted here already, so just prepare well and be very interested in the company.

Interview Questions

• How to test and troubleshoot multiple every day appliances: ATM machines, printers, etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty exhaustive. There were five interviews with employees of varying rank. A few questions were of the generic problem-solving type, but a few focused completely on QA-specific tasks. At least they gave us a free lunch. If they are interested in you, your final interview will be with a founder.

Interview Questions

• How would you test the market readiness of a WiFi remote?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an onsite. I applied online. Questions were generally about my resume and testing of different clients (see below). Overall, nice people and cool office. None of the interviewers had read my resume before they met me. Each had a different interviewing style (shy, outgoing, authoritative, etc), so seems like they were looking to see how you got along with different people. The demo was cool.

Interview Questions

• Test a chat client, atm machine, meeting schedule setup, email client, etc.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews and was flown out for 3 on site interviews. Its a very rigorous process. Best advice is to be vocal throughout the interview and explain your thought process. Also from what I've seen and heard Palantir loves binary search questions.

Interview Questions

• Implement a mountain binary search - basically searching an array that strictly increases from the beginning to a point called the peak, and then strictly decreases from the peak to the end of the array.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Palantir was one of the first companies I interviewed with, and I felt that throughout the process, they were highly professional. I went through two phone interviews about a week apart followed by an onsite interview. The phone interviews were pretty simple (test an eReader, test a smartphone), and the onsite was straightforward as well. I interviewed with three people, all of whom asked me to test various things. After that, lunch and a product demo. After the product demo, they pulled aside a few people for additional interviews. The rest of us got shirts. I received the rejection a week later.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied for the open position on LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter a week later. Had a quick introduction on the company and few questions from my resume. This followed by an email asking to speak with another recruiter a week later. Had a pleasant conversation with recruiter from the company and scheduled a phone interview with one of employees a week later. After speaking with this employee and another week later I received another email inviting me for an in-house interview 3 weeks later!!! However, recruiter reached out again in about a week time and rescheduled for the earlier time.
    Just as others mentioned in their reviews, I met with 4 people in AM, had lunch with employee who interviewed me over the phone, which was rather pleasant, was given a tour of the building, watched a demo and met with 5 other interviewers. At this point I was expected to meet the CEO, but coordinator came out with a T-Shirt and suggested that I'll have to speak with one more employee who won't be available today and they would need to call me back for additional interviews a week later. After reading previous comments I realized that this was probably the end of the process. I went ahead an contacted them as a follow up asking for the rescheduled date since I have received a job offer from another company and had to give an answer, but I never heard back.
    Overall it was a very good experience, especially when you know ahead of time what to expect. I had great conversations with all, but one of the interviewers. For some reason I just couldn't "read" her and have a feeling she was the main reason I didn't move on. The rest were very pleasant and appeared to have enjoyed meeting with me. Most asked questions on previous experiences and were obviously looking for behavioral reaction and overall thought process. I was also given few basic exercises to find bugs and write test cases.
    Company seem to have a great atmosphere with a lot of young and very energetic employees working all kinds of hours to make users life better. The perks are very Silicon Valley-like with plenty of food, snacks, beverages, games to play etc.
    The main Con with this experience is the amount of time it takes to reach the company after initial contact is made. The process appear to be a conveyer-like with multiple candidates applying for the same position. Meeting all of them in the demo room is awkward, but once again it appear to be a part of the process where several morning interviewers attended as well. Most likely once again monitoring your behavior during the presentation, watching you ask questions etc.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Palantir? and Why Palantir? asked by every single interviewer. After few it becomes inundated.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in September 2012.

Interview

Got an email from the recruiter to set up an interview. Interview was over the phone, lasted about an hour. Asked some basic interview questions, talked about my past experience and the role of my interviewer at palantir. Then came the technical QA questions. They really required thinking outside the box to break stuff. After everything, there was time for me to ask questions.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Did couple of phone interviews.1st phone inteview..hr called and talked abt your current job and skills
    2nd phone interview:given a scenario and asked to tell testcases ...write test cases for gps
    3rd phone interview:asked to tell some testcases

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was contacted through my university by Palantir about the QA engineering position. I had an initial phone screening with an HR representative who asked me a few questions and set up the next interviews.

Then I had two technical phone interviews, asking basics about testing and a couple logic questions.

Then i was invited on-site for a day-long interview process. I had three interviews. The first guy wasn't very friendly and I knew from there it wasn't going to end well. Everyone else was nice and it wasn't a terrible experience.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The Recruiter called and was more like an initial phone interview asking about testing. Then another phone interview was scheduled and that had some analytical questions as well along with the testing questions.
    How do u test a blender was one of the questions.