Palantir Technologies

Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

I applied online. Then I was asked to do an online challenge with 90 min. It was a bit difficulty. It was about the "magic box". Then I was moved on. I received a email to get a phone interview. The interview used the hackrank.

Interview Questions
  • The question is very famous about the merge intervals.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

I applied online – interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Can't remember first interview, standard coding tests. Secondary interview was in office, with four people. Various questions asked, usually coding/algorithms. Pretty basic things, know the runtime of your algorithms, make sure everything is in smallest big O possible.

Sample questions were: correct a series of code,
    Find the largest algorithmic progression
    Regular palindrome shenanigans
    Some coding question that was effectively "Merge Two Sorted lists"

Interview Questions
    • Disjoint algorithmic progression: given a set of numbers in no given order, find the longest algorithmic progression, assuming you can skip items as you desire.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2013.

About 1 month after dropping resume at career fair, got an email asking me to take an only coding assessment. A sample problem in their test environment is provided.
    Given a problem, code an answer in your language of choice in 100 minutes.
    It was pretty impersonal. Make sure you try the sample problem and get the I/O for that working before attempting the actual question.

Interview Questions
    • The given question was a standard algorithms question, however, I had not been exposed to the material before so it was fairly confusing for me. Leave plenty of time to debug, and don't overthink your approach. There are time/memory limits, but getting the problem itself done in time is most important.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Palantir Technologies in July 2012.

One Telephonic Round followed by onsite round. Includes 4 rounds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2012.

I was asked a bunch of algorithm questions about algorithms. They asked me to solve three problems and for each one I had to give the run time of the algorithm. I took the interview before taking any algorithms class so I did my best to answer.

Interview Questions
    • How to sort a really big number of integers if you only have a buffer of size 100   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

I was asked by the HR to complete a coding test powered by InterviewStreet. It was not too hard and managed to solve the problem in the time limit.
    After this, I had a telephonic interview with a developer. It sounded like he was eating during the interview. I was a little shocked. But, the interview was fine. I was asked two coding questions which I had to write on Google Docs.

Interview Questions
    • It was a weird kind of sort on a list of numbers based on frequency.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

1 Phone Interview: with 1 problem with added restrictions and functionalities after each response.
    1Onsite Interview: 1 remote coding challenge submitted beforehand, 3 interviewers, and short interviews with the cofounders

Interview Questions
    • If you had a max heap with n elements and want to get the K largest elements
      w/o popping and rebalancing, how would you do it?

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I attended an open house at the DC location, then spoke to representatives at a career fair. Palantir was very no-nonsense, and asked me two questions regarding data structures at the career fair table that caught me off guard.

I saw from the reps expression that I had been rejected on the spot, and received an email confirming my original impression a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find the common elements in two lists using the minimum amount of memory and time?   Answer Question