Palantir Technologies Software Engineer Internship Interview Questions

3.6

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Interview

Referred by a former intern, now would-be employee. Got an email from a recruiter a couple of weeks after that and was given an interview street online coding challenge about some graph problem. After solving it, the recruiter helps me set up an interview with another employee. Got a standard rejection email after that.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to find the best buying/selling strategy given a list of stock prices. Also "tell me more about yourself".   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2013.

Interview

After contacted by recruiter, I was told to choose either to take an online challenge or to take traditional phone interviews. I chose online challenge.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult. The typical rainfall question with an elevation matrix. You can find this question online. Some people have posted it before.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Palantir Technologies in January 2013.

Interview

They were very nice. It was just a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview question was given a grid of 9x9 sudoku with numbers filled in already, you have to check if it's a valid suoku.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I initially spoke to people from the company via my college's career fair. I was asked technical questions during the career fair, after which, they set me up with an interview, which was a half hour long, consisting of one behavioral question and the rest technical questions on data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Print the nodes of a complete binary tree in level order.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in November 2012.

Interview

Sent in a resume online and was contacted two days later to schedule a phone interview. It consisted of a few basic coding/knowledge based questions followed by a more challenging coding/algorithm question, which took me the rest of the time. I didn't do well - had a lot of hints from the interviewer, and twice declared my algorithm correct when it really wasn't. Was notified two days later that I wouldn't be continuing in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Given a value in a binary search tree, write an algorithm that returns the next greatest value. The tree is assumed to contain the given value.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2012.

Interview

Was quickly set up with a phone interview after applying online, the interviewer asked a variety of technical questions and asked me to tell him the code over the phone, plus the Big Oh time and space complexity. Their website has very good information on the process. However, it would have helped if they set up a google doc for coding as it's much more efficient than dictation.