Palantir Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

3.5

72 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Approached at a career fair, received a online code screen. The website was tough to use, took me awhile to figure out how to submit my code and develop in the online environment. In hindsight, I should've prepared beforehand to sit down and focus.

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

You'll have to go through a code challenge for them to contact you. I was only able to get a few of the test cases right. It was tough but I believe it helped test your coding skills.

Interview Questions
    • The code challenge had recursion in it and I wasn't very strong in that area. They gave you 90 minutes to finish the challenge.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter - she set up a phone interview which I expected to be relatively casual, but ended up having a technical interview portion at the end. This was fine and I probably should have expected it, but it would have been nice if this was brought up ahead of time. Overall it was a friendly experience, and despite not doing as well in the technical portions as I know I could have (I was in my car with nothing to take notes with), the interview was definitely a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't particularly hard, just be sure to prepare a bit before interviewing.

Explain the significance of 2^32 (This was kind of vague, but still should have been more obvious if i was a bit more relaxed).
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

A recruiter found me from online. After several weeks a phone interview with an engineer was scheduled. The phone interview was done on a computer where I worked on something and the interviewer will give some hints. The question was easy but I was nervous so I did not do well. After a few weeks I got an email that the position is not a fit.

Software Engineer Interview

I had an HR phone screen and a technical phone screen before a day-long onsite. This was my first experience interviewing with a bigger company as a software engineer. Onsite questions were mostly algorithms-focused. I'd call the questions moderately difficult. I don't have CS background, and only had a couple months of teaching myself algorithms part-time at that point. If I'd had had a little more study time under my belt, I think I would have gotten the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give 3 distinct algorithms to find the K largest values in a list of N items.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

interviewers are very friends and typical bay area software engineers. They are very sharp and helpful during interview process. Most of interview questions are algorithmic. The hiring process is thorough.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Was contacted by a recruiter, whom I emailed back in a few days. HR interview went fine but the technical interview was very difficult. A few weeks later I received an email that they moved on. By far the most difficult technical interview so far.

Interview Questions
    • I don't want to give the question away, but it was about a data structure that is almost never used in production code and which I didn't even study for.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Contacted by a university recruiter as part of their annual new-grad hiring process. Had a couple of phone interviews before they flew me out to the valley for a day's worth of interviews.

Interviews were quite tough, they grilled me on Java - something which I was not too familiar with.

The kitchen was awesome, though!

Interview Questions
    • I couldn't answer several of the Java OOP questions that were asked. I wish I had read up more on the intricacies of access modifiers, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I think the interviewers are not very experienced and professional. They tend to show off their *high* IQ instead of focusing on the interviews. However, the recruiters are great and patient. They explained things well and tried their best to make the interviewee as comfortable as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Palantir Technologies in June 2014.

Very good experience overall.
    Applied through the website, there was a coding exercise to complete within 2h.
    Not too difficult if you are trained to interview and you know your algorithms well.

After a couple days, first contact with HR, a phone screen with some coding/algorithm.
    Onsite a week after with interviews all day. If you are doing well, you will know along the way, engineers/hr seem to communicate between them.
    At the end of the day I met with a funder and I had an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, everything standard and straightforward if you know basic algorithms + data structure.   Answer Question

Worked for Palantir Technologies? Contribute to the Community!