Palantir Technologies

Updated Jan 24, 2015

3.5

91 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineering Interview

The recruiter head hunted me through LinkedIn. They gave me a one and a half hour test on Hackerrank. The test was pretty difficult but was doable in 90 minutes.

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in January 2015.

I applied online and after a few weeks was asked to complete a programming challenge online. I found the challenge to be quite difficult and was unable to get a working solution within the time allotted. There was no phone interview prior to or after the programming challenge, and I was not offered a position.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in January 2015.

Applied online. Contacted by recruiter to attempt 1.5 hr online coding challenge on HackerRank. Finished it and passed most of the test cases provided. Contacted 2 weeks later for a phone interview. Asked me a questions about finding duplicates in an array and then incrementally modified it to make the problem more difficult by finding duplicates in an index range and in a value range. Solved them with some hesitation but went ok overall.

Recruiter scheduled me for a second interview for the next week with another engineer. This time the entire interview was dedicated to coding - no chit chat. Asked a question about parenthesis matching and finding the minimum number of edits to balance parentheses. This was harder since there was no clear algorithm to approach this but just some general intuition to what constituted an unbalanced string. Solved it with some hints from the interviewer giving examples where my solution so far wouldn't work and so on. It took me longer than I would have liked. Also was expected to actually produce working code which scanned input and printed out statements since HackerRank lets you run the code in-browser.

Was promptly rejected. Not surprised. They have somewhat difficult interviews. Google was harder conceptually, but Palantir cared more about details. I was also never clear as to what position I was applying for. There are several engineering intern roles - full stack, backend, front end, FDE, etc.

Interview Questions
    • 2nd interview about producing working code that identifies the min. no. of edits needed to balance a string of parentheses   View Answer

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

The recruiter got in touch with me through email.
    1) The first call was with the recruiter. Talked about the company and its culture and goals.
    2) Had first level interview. The interview got in touch with me through phone.

Software Engineering Interview

Met them at the university career fair, and was scheduled to have a phone interview. The phone interview was 45 minutes long, and I was progressively harder questions about finding integers in an array.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Initial round - Phone Interview. HR questions with basic Technical questions towards the end.
    Second round - Technical Phone Interview for 45 minutes. You will be asked to write code. There are a few HR questions in the beginning asking why are you interested in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Remove duplicates in an unsorted array where the duplicates are at a distance of k or less from each other.   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

Gave coding challenge online after sending in application. This was a 90 minute timed question on interview street. It was pretty challenging, practice beforehand. They give a sample test option say that you can get your bearings.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Applied online and was provided a coding challenge a few weeks later. Coding challenge was difficult, but doable within the allotted time. After the code challenge was a technical interview with one of their software engineers. Right from the get go, the interviewer wanted to really know if you knew your stuff. The interviewer asked questions on algorithms, questioned methodology on past projects, and just tested the rigor of everything I said. Next was the online coding portion of the phone interview which was probably one of the hardest interviews I had done, partially because I had forgotten a lot about linked lists. Had an idea of how to do it, but couldn't finish it in time.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2014.

Applied on university career fair and got HR's phone call several weeks later. And get an OA on hacker rank. It was a quite easy question which took me only half hour to solve it. Then two weeks later, I got a phone interview which was 45min and got 3 problem to solve. But I made a mistake in 3rd question so I can not go further, sad

Interview Questions
    • 1. write a string compress function: give you "RRGB" and return "R2G1B1"
      2. give you a graph and two vertices and return if there exists a path between them
      3. determine if there exists a cycle in the given graph

View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Approached at a career fair, received a online code screen. The website was tough to use, took me awhile to figure out how to submit my code and develop in the online environment. In hindsight, I should've prepared beforehand to sit down and focus.