Palantir Technologies Software Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014

3.5

77 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Gave coding challenge online after sending in application. This was a 90 minute timed question on interview street. It was pretty challenging, practice beforehand. They give a sample test option say that you can get your bearings.

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Initial round - Phone Interview. HR questions with basic Technical questions towards the end.
    Second round - Technical Phone Interview for 45 minutes. You will be asked to write code. There are a few HR questions in the beginning asking why are you interested in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Remove duplicates in an unsorted array where the duplicates are at a distance of k or less from each other.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Applied online and was provided a coding challenge a few weeks later. Coding challenge was difficult, but doable within the allotted time. After the code challenge was a technical interview with one of their software engineers. Right from the get go, the interviewer wanted to really know if you knew your stuff. The interviewer asked questions on algorithms, questioned methodology on past projects, and just tested the rigor of everything I said. Next was the online coding portion of the phone interview which was probably one of the hardest interviews I had done, partially because I had forgotten a lot about linked lists. Had an idea of how to do it, but couldn't finish it in time.

Software Engineer Interview

Approached at a career fair, received a online code screen. The website was tough to use, took me awhile to figure out how to submit my code and develop in the online environment. In hindsight, I should've prepared beforehand to sit down and focus.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

You'll have to go through a code challenge for them to contact you. I was only able to get a few of the test cases right. It was tough but I believe it helped test your coding skills.

Interview Questions
    • The code challenge had recursion in it and I wasn't very strong in that area. They gave you 90 minutes to finish the challenge.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palantir Technologies in September 2014.

Applied on company website. Received an email next day inviting me to take an online coding challenge on Hacker Rank. Did the challenge (answered it perfectly) and was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. Interview consisted of the same question with progressively more difficult variants. This was done using a collaborative coding tool (also Hacker Rank) where I had to implement my solutions. At the end, the interviewer asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given an unsorted list of integers, return true if the list contains any duplicates and false if it does not contain any duplicates. You do not have to identify the duplicate value.   Answer Question
    • Given an unsorted list of integers, return true if the list contains any duplicates within k indices of each element. Do it faster than O(n^2).   Answer Question
    • Given an unsorted list of integers, return true if the list contains any fuzzy duplicates within k indices of each element. A fuzzy duplicate is another integer within d of the original integer. Example: If d=4, then 6 is a fuzzy duplicate of 3 but 8 is not. Do it faster than O(n^2).   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter - she set up a phone interview which I expected to be relatively casual, but ended up having a technical interview portion at the end. This was fine and I probably should have expected it, but it would have been nice if this was brought up ahead of time. Overall it was a friendly experience, and despite not doing as well in the technical portions as I know I could have (I was in my car with nothing to take notes with), the interview was definitely a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't particularly hard, just be sure to prepare a bit before interviewing.

Explain the significance of 2^32 (This was kind of vague, but still should have been more obvious if i was a bit more relaxed).
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

A recruiter found me from online. After several weeks a phone interview with an engineer was scheduled. The phone interview was done on a computer where I worked on something and the interviewer will give some hints. The question was easy but I was nervous so I did not do well. After a few weeks I got an email that the position is not a fit.

Software Engineer Interview

I had an HR phone screen and a technical phone screen before a day-long onsite. This was my first experience interviewing with a bigger company as a software engineer. Onsite questions were mostly algorithms-focused. I'd call the questions moderately difficult. I don't have CS background, and only had a couple months of teaching myself algorithms part-time at that point. If I'd had had a little more study time under my belt, I think I would have gotten the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give 3 distinct algorithms to find the K largest values in a list of N items.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

interviewers are very friends and typical bay area software engineers. They are very sharp and helpful during interview process. Most of interview questions are algorithmic. The hiring process is thorough.