Palantir Technologies Software Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.5

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Quick call with a recruiter followed by a short programming test. Then a technical interview with an engineer. Questions weren't too difficult and was given a lot of great feedback after the process was over. One of the best interviewing experiences I've had.

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with remotely paired coding, followed by an on-site with 4 technical interviews. I felt all but one of the on-sites went pretty well; one did not. That interviewer was very rude, and used their phone throughout the interview. I didn't think I would get along with that employee, and it really turned me off to the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structures, string manipulation, and time series.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the recruiter after a month. Initially 1 phone interview of 45 min was planned but after that they took one more 45 min interview. This was somewhat tough.

Interview Questions

• 1) Finding duplicate entry in an integer array. Next there were variations of this where I had to find duplicate entry only if it was within some index range, and next if the values were not actually duplicate but within some range of values. 2) Given an array as input find the output array that has median of each sub array whose index starts from 0 to i(i = 1,2...array.length-1). I took a lot of time to understand what median is. Then again to understand what the actual question was.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Coding challenge, followed by 2 phone screens within the next 1.5 weeks, followed by an onsite visit 1 week later, with 4 interviews throughout the day. Received a phone call a little over a week later telling me that I didn't make it but offering me feedback, which was very respectable.

Interview Questions

• Lots of recursive and breadth-first search problems. Asked for complexity of the solutions quite often, so know thy complexities. Be prepared to come up with more efficient solutions. Work quickly and work cleanly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (West Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Nothing Unexpected. Did not perform well. First round interview is with recruiter. Basic introduction of the previous experience. Followed by two round of phone interviews. Programming problems are not difficult. Rejected by recruiter the day after the second interview. Pretty disappointed. But good interview experience. Both interviewers and recruiters are smart people. Definitely apply to palantir next year.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in March 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds of phone/skype interviews. One was for getting in touch with one of their team members and general questions for background, etc., the second is more official technical and behavioral interview questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Applied through recruiter. Talked to another recruiter over the phone who described the position and asked if I was still interested. Scheduled a 45 minute technical phone interview. Whole process took about 1 week. The interviewer called on time, introduced himself, asked me to introduce myself briefly, and we got right into the problem. He was very patient throughout the process and gave me pointers until I got to the answer by the end of the interview. At the end, he asked if I had any questions, and answered them nicely.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

First is the call from the recruiter, it's a non-technical round. Se talked about the project in my resume and then let me asked some questions. After this round, is a technical phone screen, the engineer gave me a simple design question to solve. After this step, he let me ask him some questions and the phone screen step is over.

Interview Questions

• Design a route table. The map is from ip prefix -> port number. The route table has two operation, insert and find. Realize these two APIs. The input of Insert API is vector<bool> to represent the ip prefix need to insert. The input of Find API is vector<bool> which represents the ip need to find, and the return is the port number that the longest prefix of the input IP is mapped in the route table. If no such prefix, return -1.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and waited a couple of weeks. Then I received an email for a coding challenge with one problem in 90 minutes. The problem is hard and I didn't come up with the optimal solution. A few days later, I received the reject email. It is so far the hardest problem of all my interviews.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Troy, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked questions on the spot in the career fair. Asked about how to check if a palindrome can be built from an input of letters. A palindrome is a word, phrase, number, or other sequence of characters which reads the same backward or forward. They do give out some pretty nice merchandise.

Interview Questions

• You have two glass bottles that will break if dropped from a specific floor between 1 and 100. Find the most efficient way to find out which floor will break the glass.   4 Answers