Pall

Relevance Date Difficulty

Design/Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Design/Manufacturing Engineer
Cortland, NY

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Pall.

Interview Details – I interviewed for several openings. I never got an answer to any of the them. I left countless phone messages with the HR manager. None of them were ever returned. The only time I received a follow up notice was when I received an offer for one of the openings.

Interview Question – Pleasant and informative with two way approach. No difficult or unexpected questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was no room for negotiation. When I tried to negotiate the HR cancelled the offer. My negotiation attempt was viewed as a disrespectful act to the hiring process.

Service Representative Interview

Service Representative
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pall in April 2014.

Interview Details – There were 2 Phone interviews, one with the recruiter and then with the hiring manager.
This was followed by 1:1 with HR & Hiring manager again. Too much time was spent between the 2 inter\views.

Reason for Declining – Received the offer, I accepted it but Pall pulled the offer back in a week time even before joining. No reason, no discussions!!
The hiring manager and recruiters suddenly stopped communicating.

This company made a Cruel joke in offering me a job!!!

I will NOT trust Pall corp anymore.
I request you as well from the bottom of my heart to think million times. PLEASE DO NOT believe in the offer. They may play games with you.
I cannot believe Pall corp, In my opinion, this company has NO credit & values.

Sales Specialist Territory Interview

Sales Specialist Territory
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pall.

Interview Details – Long and extensive steps, must pass through several people and extensive background and , traffic, credit check.. Hr is very structured with no flexibility. For example, I was unable to get a company phone early despite giving my previous work phone back to previous employer.

Interview Question – Rank values in order importance: service, quality, price, professionalism, trust   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation opportunity

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Port Washington, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pall.

Interview Details – Hired directly by HR through website job board. HR has high turnover and the staff that brought me in were no longer there after 6 months

Interview Question – What do you know about six sigma?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for an additional $10k Negotiate as much as you can because their annual pay raise is very minimal.

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Port Washington, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pall in June 2012.

Interview Details – 3 rounds. recruiter, hiring manager, on-site (presentation, 6-1:1 interviews)

Interview Question – General interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple.

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Port Washington, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Pall in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had a short phone interview on my way to my work since I cannot talk in private at my office. My time is tight and whatever schedule I had they were willing to work with me and we set a time up. Unfortuanately after seeing many of the posts by current and former employees on this website I am not going in. I always saw Pall post jobs frequently during my previous search and had a feeling the jobs here may be a 'hot seat'. I then told a friend about this (who worked in health benefits) and she said "OMG", they were my former client. She confirmed the benefits were good (first day) but they treat their employees like **** and the turnover is very high. The HR also made a glaring error and sent me the questions the staff is supposed to ask me, not the applicaton that I was supposed to receive.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Senior Research Scientist
Port Washington, NY

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Pall in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed twice, including a 30 min powerpoint presentation to managers. Interviewed with HR and 7 managers, each for about 30 min. Most questions were focused on my technical experience and my ability to learn any new technologies that may be relevant to the position. Some focused on my management skills and how well i delegated tasks.

Interview Question – Had I ever found myself dealing with a subordinate who was unable to perform their work satisfactorily and how did I handle that. Also, what did I learn from that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the pay to the high end of my desired pay range. I was unable to negotiate more vacation time than the two weeks allotted.

Principal R&D Engineer Interview

Principal R&D Engineer
Covina, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pall in September 2011.

Interview Details – Thorough interview by mid-high management personnel. Full background check and drug test.

Interview Question – To describe in details what I know practically in engineering desing with DOE and DFM.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Accepted the first offer.

Very Easy Interview

Recruitment Manager Interview

Recruitment Manager
Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pall in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initially I was approached by an agent who couldn't tell me who their client was. Then I underwent an interview with their client, but at the agency's premises. Once I knew the company I grew to realise that Pall Europe was an unknown, but very successful giant sitting in Portsmouth, England. The second interview was then held with the MD of the company in their premises.

Interview Question – There was nothing too hard are unexpected about their questions. However, I learnt that the secrecy was because they were simply going to move the previous incumbent out and move me in, in their place. If anythinig the interviews were a little too easy and I should have taken that as a warning, as the two men that took me on had an agenda that was not entirely in keeping with the agenda that was understood by those in Head Office back in the States.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward. The company seemed very keen to take me on as soon as possible.

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

Interviewed at Pall

Interview Details – Presentation, followed by HR interview and interview with managing director, followed by HR discussion

Interview Question – What if you get a better job profile than what we are offering, within a year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no comments

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pall? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pall interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pall employees and interview candidates.