Palm Beach Tan

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Palm Beach Tan Shift Leader

I applied in-person and interviewed at Palm Beach Tan.

Interview Details – Do not ever apply just online. Always go into a store and ask for an application and if they are hiring.
If called for a first interview you will meet with the Store Manager and the second interview is with District Manager. Very basic questions. (Explain how you would deal with a conflict, What does customer service mean to you, give examples of how you persuaded a customer to buy something in the past). Must be very outgoing and personable. This is a customer service and sales position. Must be able to close a sale.

Interview Question – During the interview they give you a 5 lotion pull-down, which means that they will basically give you 5 of there products, let you read the back of them and review them for 15 minutes and then you have to try explain and sell the items to the Manager. Also, I had a manager ask me how I would sell a Dr. Pepper soft drink to a customer who does not drink caffeine. It was really weird and hard.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Palm Beach Tan.

Interview Details – You basically will be asked the typical interview questions, but some go a little deeper requiring you to open up more and discuss your answers in more detail.

"Tell me about your best customer service experience and what made it so great".
"Tell me about a time when you spoke up because you believed it was the right thing to do".
"What made you want to apply with Palm Beach Tan and what do you feel that you can bring to the company".

Interview Question – Why should we not hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Discuss the salary. Everyone seems to be scared to talk about this when promoted or offered a position, but it IS negotiable!

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Palm Beach Tan in June 2013.

Interview Details – Came into store to complete an application, I got a phone call a few weeks later, and went in to have an interview. I passed the drug test and got an offer to begin working.

Interview Question – What went wrong with a customer of yours in the past and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Palm Beach Tan in September 2012.

Interview Details – Had just fired someone. Hiring store was in need of a worker desperately for weekends. revious retail experience so it was extremely easy. If you can pass a drug/background test and can say you will do your best to sell you can absolutely get the job. The company/store hires on solely as needed basis, never to expand or improve just for weekend help. PBT needs to be opening new stores in order to hire people for normal (non-weekend) hours.

Interview Question – Same as most other interviews, name a difficult situation with a customer and how you handled it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Minimum wage, no negotiation.

Opener Interview

Opener
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Palm Beach Tan in January 2012.

Interview Details – Easy questions, tiny messy, cramped office.

Interview Question – Nothing, very simple.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Palm Beach Tan in April 2012.

Interview Details – Basic interview with a twist.

We covered my previous experience, especially my former sales and customer service experience.

They really like curve ball questions... what was your worst employer like, what was a difficult situation you had with a customer / coworker.

They were very interested in your personal tanning experience, whether or not you buy lotion when you tan (the answer to this will MAKE OR BREAK your interview). You will be asked to sell tanning lotion to your interviewer.... remember to ask for the sale!

Interview Question – The lotion presentation - knowing nothing about tanning or tanning lotion ingredients, I fumbled... but what I lacked in knowledge I made for in enthusiasm. The ingredients are hard to pronounce, just work with what you know and make sure to talk about how it will benefit the consumer, lots of descriptive words like luxurious, amazing color, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one, take it or leave it kind of offer.

Assista Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Palm Beach Tan.

Interview Details – Two part interview. One with the District manager and one with a training store manager. General questions about what you know about the company. Also looking for what you think a manager should bring to a store and why they should hire you.

Interview Question – They will ask you to sell something. This can be awkward but the point is to see how you work on your feet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The managers start at a base rate and don't get raises. You get monthly bonuses and commission based on sales.

Opener Interview

Plano, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Palm Beach Tan.

Interview Details – I was a current customer of the salaon and saw a sign in the window so I filled out an application on site and was given my first interview immediately. They asked very general customer service questions then would pick something random (eg: your jeans or bag) and tell you to sell it to them. once you got through the interview they would call you and tell you where to go complete a drug screening and a skills test that you must pass with a 70 or higher containing everyday math and problem solving questions

Interview Question – some of the arithmetic querstions on the skills test were difficult because you dont have a lot of time to waste and technically arent supposed to use calculators though if you know how to use a computer u can open the windows based calculator and use it on screen.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very short and sweet

Sales Associate Interview

Interview Details – They ask situation questions like tell me a time you had a bad experience with a customer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Tyler, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Palm Beach Tan in September 2011.

Interview Details – They called immediately after I submitted my resume'. Scheduled interview for couple days later. interview was great (or so I thought) people were very friendly and we even joked around quite a bit. I felt like I would be getting a call back but never did.

Interview Question – Honestly, there were really no difficult questions asked. This was the easiest interview I've ever had.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Palm Beach Tan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Palm Beach Tan interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Palm Beach Tan employees and interview candidates.