Palm Beach Tan

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Updated Jul 21, 2014

2.0

Shift Leader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Palm Beach Tan.

All they want is someone with open availability, who can sell there butt off and has a pretty face. Dress nice be 5 minutes early and be friendly and nice. If they like you that means customers will like you.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you to sell a random object or lotion on the spot   View Answer
    no negotiation they try to sell the job to you. without commission its not worth it

Palm Beach Tan Shift Leader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Palm Beach Tan.

Do not ever apply just online. Always go into a store and ask for an application and if they are hiring.
    If called for a first interview you will meet with the Store Manager and the second interview is with District Manager. Very basic questions. (Explain how you would deal with a conflict, What does customer service mean to you, give examples of how you persuaded a customer to buy something in the past). Must be very outgoing and personable. This is a customer service and sales position. Must be able to close a sale.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview they give you a 5 lotion pull-down, which means that they will basically give you 5 of there products, let you read the back of them and review them for 15 minutes and then you have to try explain and sell the items to the Manager. Also, I had a manager ask me how I would sell a Dr. Pepper soft drink to a customer who does not drink caffeine. It was really weird and hard.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niceville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niceville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Palm Beach Tan in February 2014.

I used to work for Club Sun before Palm beach took over. I did not really have an interview since I knew the manager from before as well as the other consultants.

Interview Questions
    They worked around my school schedule. I also had 6 surgeries that were a necessity on my shoulder and elbow. They worked around my schedule and helped out very much.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Palm Beach Tan.

You basically will be asked the typical interview questions, but some go a little deeper requiring you to open up more and discuss your answers in more detail.

"Tell me about your best customer service experience and what made it so great".
    "Tell me about a time when you spoke up because you believed it was the right thing to do".
    "What made you want to apply with Palm Beach Tan and what do you feel that you can bring to the company".

Interview Questions
    Discuss the salary. Everyone seems to be scared to talk about this when promoted or offered a position, but it IS negotiable!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Palm Beach Tan in June 2013.

Came into store to complete an application, I got a phone call a few weeks later, and went in to have an interview. I passed the drug test and got an offer to begin working.

Interview Questions
    • What went wrong with a customer of yours in the past and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Assista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Palm Beach Tan.

Two part interview. One with the District manager and one with a training store manager. General questions about what you know about the company. Also looking for what you think a manager should bring to a store and why they should hire you.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you to sell something. This can be awkward but the point is to see how you work on your feet.   Answer Question
    The managers start at a base rate and don't get raises. You get monthly bonuses and commission based on sales.

Opener Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Palm Beach Tan.

I was a current customer of the salaon and saw a sign in the window so I filled out an application on site and was given my first interview immediately. They asked very general customer service questions then would pick something random (eg: your jeans or bag) and tell you to sell it to them. once you got through the interview they would call you and tell you where to go complete a drug screening and a skills test that you must pass with a 70 or higher containing everyday math and problem solving questions

Interview Questions
    • some of the arithmetic querstions on the skills test were difficult because you dont have a lot of time to waste and technically arent supposed to use calculators though if you know how to use a computer u can open the windows based calculator and use it on screen.   View Answer
    very short and sweet

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Palm Beach Tan.

They ask situation questions like tell me a time you had a bad experience with a customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Palm Beach Tan in September 2012.

Had just fired someone. Hiring store was in need of a worker desperately for weekends. revious retail experience so it was extremely easy. If you can pass a drug/background test and can say you will do your best to sell you can absolutely get the job. The company/store hires on solely as needed basis, never to expand or improve just for weekend help. PBT needs to be opening new stores in order to hire people for normal (non-weekend) hours.

Interview Questions
    • Same as most other interviews, name a difficult situation with a customer and how you handled it.   View Answer
    None. Minimum wage, no negotiation.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palm Beach Tan in April 2012.

Basic interview with a twist.

We covered my previous experience, especially my former sales and customer service experience.

They really like curve ball questions... what was your worst employer like, what was a difficult situation you had with a customer / coworker.

They were very interested in your personal tanning experience, whether or not you buy lotion when you tan (the answer to this will MAKE OR BREAK your interview). You will be asked to sell tanning lotion to your interviewer.... remember to ask for the sale!

Interview Questions
    • The lotion presentation - knowing nothing about tanning or tanning lotion ingredients, I fumbled... but what I lacked in knowledge I made for in enthusiasm. The ingredients are hard to pronounce, just work with what you know and make sure to talk about how it will benefit the consumer, lots of descriptive words like luxurious, amazing color, etc.   Answer Question
    There wasn't one, take it or leave it kind of offer.