Palmetto Health Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.6

Patient Access Representative (ER) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Palmetto Health.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Applied online, contacted by a recruiter who reviewed my resume, then contacted for a phone interview. Finally, did 2 manager/peer interviews. No unexpected questions or surprises. Very straightforward and simple.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Palmetto Health.

Interview

Third party entity does their interview scheduling and the first phone interview. Their final interview is a panel of coworkers. They forgot to call and tell me that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this particular position even though is further away and pays less?   Answer Question

RN Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Palmetto Health.

Interview

They wasted hours of my time on telephone interviews and even suggested that I had the job. Because my move to the area was time sensitive I pressed them for an answer. Instead of having the common courtesy to pick up the phone and calling me the RN manager had some underling that I never corresponded with send me an email to let me know that another candidate was selected. There were 3 misspelled words in the first 2 sentences. Unprofessional in any estimation.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palmetto Health in October 2014.

Interview

I was called by the recruiter on phone for initial phone interview/once I passed that, got a nurse manager interview which was very short, not a lot of questions asked/ then if she approved, I got the peer interview with 4 floor staff who grilled you with behavioral based interview questions. Tell me about a time when... difficult coworker... how do you accept change etc etc. Got the call the same day after peer interview for job offer.

Interview Questions

• They were all behavioral based nursing interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Uncomfortable. No re-offer for salary, recruiter stayed strong on offered salary.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Palmetto Health (Columbia, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was by phone, very brief (>20 mins), and the recruiter did not ask many questions that required an explanation. Questions included where do you see yourself in 5 years, do your currently work for X, have you ever worked for Palmetto Health, what interests you about this position, do you have experience with Microsoft Excel and Access and how proficient are you, etc.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very simple but one question he asked was what do you think are the top 3 qualities to be successful in this role? That was the only question that required a lot of detail.   1 Answer

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Palmetto Health.

Interview

Phone and in-person interview with audit staff/management. Questions were very straightforward regarding work experience/ challenges faced during work history. Conversational tone throughout the interview. Was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very straightforward regarding work experience/ challenges faced during work history.   Answer Question

Supply Inventory Specialist FULL-TIME Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Palmetto Health (Columbia, SC) in February 2014.

Interview

The Talent Acquisitions Team will go over your portfolio. If interested, you will be invited to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview has been completed if the recruiters are interested they'll set up a 1:1 interview. Once that is complete, you may be invited to sit in a group panel interview. From there the employer will contact you, if interested.

The actual interview doesn't last more than 30 minutes. So far it has taken me 3 weeks to go through this process. Be patient there are other candidates as well. The employer will get to you as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer was pretty clear when asking questions. I had no difficulty at all.   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative (ER) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Palmetto Health in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application online. I was contact by their Talent Acquisition department. Had a brief phone interview and next was an assessment test (keystroke testing). Should to pass that then you will then meet with the Hiring Manager and a Peer interview.

Interview Questions

• It was your typical situational questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiationing as I thought the starting hourly pay was fair for the entry level position

Supply Tech I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Palmetto Health.

Interview

apply online for job and then you come in for interview and follow up peer interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Palmetto Health (Columbia, SC) in May 2013.

Interview

Filled out and submitted the online application through the website, after which HR contacted me back within 24 hours to work with me to make sure I was able to complete my application. At this point, they asked for my top 3 desired units to work on, and submitted my resume and application as positions became available. If a manager wanted to meet me for an interview, they would let me know date, time location, etc. They also called back with job offers after the interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was quite relaxed, there were no "unexpected questions" per se. Typical questions such as "tell me how you would resolve an conflict with a coworker" etc.   1 Answer