Palmetto Health

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.6

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palmetto Health in October 2014.

I was called by the recruiter on phone for initial phone interview/once I passed that, got a nurse manager interview which was very short, not a lot of questions asked/ then if she approved, I got the peer interview with 4 floor staff who grilled you with behavioral based interview questions. Tell me about a time when... difficult coworker... how do you accept change etc etc. Got the call the same day after peer interview for job offer.

Interview Questions
    • They were all behavioral based nursing interview questions   View Answer
    Uncomfortable. No re-offer for salary, recruiter stayed strong on offered salary.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Palmetto Health in September 2014.

The interview was by phone, very brief (>20 mins), and the recruiter did not ask many questions that required an explanation. Questions included where do you see yourself in 5 years, do your currently work for X, have you ever worked for Palmetto Health, what interests you about this position, do you have experience with Microsoft Excel and Access and how proficient are you, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very simple but one question he asked was what do you think are the top 3 qualities to be successful in this role? That was the only question that required a lot of detail.   View Answer

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Palmetto Health.

Phone and in-person interview with audit staff/management. Questions were very straightforward regarding work experience/ challenges faced during work history. Conversational tone throughout the interview. Was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very straightforward regarding work experience/ challenges faced during work history.   Answer Question

Supply Inventory Specialist FULL-TIME Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Palmetto Health in February 2014.

The Talent Acquisitions Team will go over your portfolio. If interested, you will be invited to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview has been completed if the recruiters are interested they'll set up a 1:1 interview. Once that is complete, you may be invited to sit in a group panel interview. From there the employer will contact you, if interested.

The actual interview doesn't last more than 30 minutes. So far it has taken me 3 weeks to go through this process. Be patient there are other candidates as well. The employer will get to you as soon as possible.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer was pretty clear when asking questions. I had no difficulty at all.   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative (ER) Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Palmetto Health in February 2014.

I submitted an application online. I was contact by their Talent Acquisition department. Had a brief phone interview and next was an assessment test (keystroke testing). Should to pass that then you will then meet with the Hiring Manager and a Peer interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was your typical situational questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiationing as I thought the starting hourly pay was fair for the entry level position

Supply Tech I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Palmetto Health.

apply online for job and then you come in for interview and follow up peer interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Palmetto Health in May 2013.

Filled out and submitted the online application through the website, after which HR contacted me back within 24 hours to work with me to make sure I was able to complete my application. At this point, they asked for my top 3 desired units to work on, and submitted my resume and application as positions became available. If a manager wanted to meet me for an interview, they would let me know date, time location, etc. They also called back with job offers after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was quite relaxed, there were no "unexpected questions" per se. Typical questions such as "tell me how you would resolve an conflict with a coworker" etc.   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Palmetto Health in September 2012.

Background Check, Training hours, Orientation, Work History

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Palmetto Health in March 2012.

Originally applied in August 2011.
    Took two months to hear back, and then one month later first round interview in person. Interviewer promised to respond and didn't not hear anything for a month. Followed up and finally heard back in December, with no update and a promise to hear back in a week (mid December). Finally heard back requesting a second interview in February 2012. Second interview was with same original interviewer and went well. Heard back from original interviewer two weeks later requesting a third interview in March 2012. Third interview was group/panel - very awkward, team members seemed distracted and kept whispering to each other the whole time. Original interviewer promised to call with update no later than five days after the interview. NEVER heard back (it's been two months to date with repeated attempts to follow up).

Allied Health Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easley, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easley, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palmetto Health in March 2009.

They use "peer interview" guidelines. In other words the people you'll be working with come together in a conference room and ask canned questions created and provided by the Studer Group which this hospital system bases its model after. There are five pillars or themes to the Studer Group design: Dignity, Teamwork, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence. Two questions from each pillar are asked and your response is then evaluated by the interviewees. I felt welcomed and encouraged though a little like it was an interrogation. Some of the questions we a little difficult to answer if they didn't pertain to anything that's happened to you. Like, Give an example of a time when you had to make an unpopular decision that proved to be the right one but went against what someone else thought should have been done. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?
    I actually found my job through a mutual contact. Someone I knew also knew the CEO and told them I was available and gave them a shpeal about my background. This opened the door for me and I had an interview within a couple weeks.

Interview Questions
    • When they ask for examples of times when things went wrong.   View Answer
    Their initial pay offer was too low and so I turned down the job and went and did contract work. While on contract they contacted me again and brought the level of pay up to where it was more satisfactory. Before taking the job though I did negotiate a sign-on bonus of $3000 and a promise of a one year commitment.
    I've had previous sign-on bonus' before that I ended up having to pay back because I didn't stay with the company long enough. Be aware if you do get offered a sign-on bonus that if you leave early you'll be hit with a large bill that'll have to be re-paid. Don't feel like you have to pay it all back at once though. I took my sweet time about paying sending only $50 a month for the next few years. (interest-free money)
    They may try to pressure you into repaying faster but unless it's in the contract to do so you really don't have to. On your income tax filing just file the amount you paid back that year under misc. deductions.