Palo Alto Networks Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Technical Support Engineer - Plano, TX Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in July 2014.

The recruiters are based out of Santa Clara, and they are smart, punctual, and professional. The process was brisk. Screening phone call, phone interview, then on-site interview with a peer, manager, and possibly a skip (director). The experience was postive in this regard, but not so when you see the bigger picture. See advice below.

Supply Base Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in April 2014.

Contacted by recruiter after passing along resume to a current employee. One phone interview followed by a series of on-site interviews with a variety of positions. This all took place over 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, more like describe your style of negotiation, relationship building, overcoming objection.   Answer Question
    From the onset the recruited was very upfront with the pay range. Before a formal offer was given another brief update to confirm what I would be offered and my input to that.

Professional Services Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Palo Alto Networks.

Many technical Interviews, highly detailed and in the weeds

Interview Questions
    • What would make you not accept our offer.   View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Palo Alto Networks.

I had a phone screen scheduled. The interviewer called 20 minutes late and did not even apologize, highly unprofessional. Its important to respect candidates schedules. I really wonder how employees are treated.
    The recruiter I was interacting with was very professional. Company has good future, but after my phone interview experience, I do not want to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Questions related to Unix/Linux, general networking questions.   Answer Question

Technical Support Network Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Palo Alto Networks.

Usually they have two rounds, Interview and written skill test to see if a person best fits either for content writing or support calls, if one does the best in the first they usually hire them for the support where a employee takes calls from customers who are partners and network engineers and help them resolve their issues.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Palo Alto Networks.

The hiring process was fairly straight forward, I had 4 interviews crammed into one day. Each person had their own unique questions and perspective of the role and wanted to make sure you're up for the challenge. I will admit that by the 4th interview, I was pretty worn out.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate the salary but they weren't budging.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in June 2013.

Had three telephonic interviews each lasting 30-45 minutes. Easy networking concepts based questions in first interview. ARP, STP, DNS and TCP questions. Second interview had questions that required some thinking. Narrated network topology with IP addresses and other things and asked question on it. CCNA stuff. I expected an on-site interview next but got an email stating another telephonic round. Third round was just one technical question. That too on my project I had put in resume. The rest all were HR questions like what time are you available and graduation date. I expected either they might call me onsite next or hire me since the answers I gave were correct. However got a call after a week saying that they had hired another person. Was disappointed. And they pay $20 per hour to interns.

Interview Questions
    • STP pruning in private networks (didnt understand what he wanted, I explained STP completely), load balancing with priority, network and traffic type.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in July 2013.

Posted my resume on Sunday and received call on Monday morning..
    All basic network ?
    Describe TCP/IP
    Describe Arp table and Mac address table ?
    what is passive and active FTP?
    What is a Firewall
    describe stateful firewall
    How much i make in current job? And why do i want To qquit?
    Couple of ? More i cannot rember.
    2Nd interview on Friday ..basic hr ?
    Why do i want to quit
    Any firewall experience
    y do i want to join palo Alto network ?
    How far do i live from company and can i driver u a us citizen or on passport?

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in June 2012.

initial phone interview technical and then 5 rounds of onsite technical interview. hiring decision known after one week

Interview Questions
    negotiated salary once with the recruiter

Principal Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in May 2012.

Met the manager at a company open house. Got the interview scheduled pretty soon. Phone interview was not technical, it was more about my résumé.
    On site I had two technical rounds. Questions ranged from design questions to C coding questions with scalability and efficiency the main criteria.
    Also general protocol questions.
    People were pleasant and seemed nice to work with.

Not much negotiation, but they are willing if pushed.

Worked for Palo Alto Networks? Contribute to the Community!