Palo Alto Networks

2.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Supply Base Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Palo Alto Networks in April 2014.

Contacted by recruiter after passing along resume to a current employee. One phone interview followed by a series of on-site interviews with a variety of positions. This all took place over 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, more like describe your style of negotiation, relationship building, overcoming objection.   Answer Question
    From the onset the recruited was very upfront with the pay range. Before a formal offer was given another brief update to confirm what I would be offered and my input to that.

Order Desk Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Palo Alto Networks in March 2013.

I submitted my resume online thru LinkedIn and was contacted literally overnight by one of their recruiters for an initial phone screen. This was followed up with another 30 min phone screen with the Sales Ops Manager, then 1:1 onsite interviews with the order desk team the following week.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Palo Alto Networks in September 2012.

This company's staffing sucks big time. They don't have the basic concept of treating people with dignity and respect. They called me for interview with four interviewers and ended the interview after first interviewer. First interviewer was 10 mins late. Very unprofessional staffing group from top to bottom.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palo Alto Networks in June 2012.

initial phone interview technical and then 5 rounds of onsite technical interview. hiring decision known after one week

Interview Questions
    negotiated salary once with the recruiter

ASIC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Palo Alto Networks in May 2012.

I emailed the hiring manager for an interview. She got back to me right away. I had an initial screen interview with the manager on the first day which went well. Later I interviewed with two other engineers. On the last day I met with three other engineers, the Director of H/W and the VP of Engineering. Everyone asked good questions and were very friendly. All of the people I met at the interviews were people that I wanted to work with.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were the standard technical type of questions. The hardest question involved a circular linked list which only had one pointer at the end of the linked list which pointed to the head of the list. How do you modify the link list to add in another element.   Answer Question
    Palo Alto made me a good offer and did not negotiate higher. They ended up giving me a higher salary and options package than the one they originally offered that I was happy with.

Education Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Palo Alto Networks in February 2012.

The interview process went great. I received an email stating they had received my application and wished to set up an initial interview. That happened the next day. I spoke with a recruiting coordinator and she explained the job description and gauged my interest. I agreed that I was interested and so she set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was a day later I had that interview. I was told at that time they would like to set up a 1:1 interview. I was contacted about that a day or two later and we set it up the following week. I met with 5 people and the interview went well. I was contacted less than 2 weeks later with an offer which I accepted. The whole process from initial contact to my first day was about 3 weeks.

I was able to negotiate the starting salary due to my experience. The advice I would give is to go in with an open mind and if you want the job but are not sure of the salary, let them know. It is possible they will surprise you.

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Palo Alto Networks in July 2011.

folks are good in Palo Alto networks. they would like to know not only your technical strengths but also the people side of you.

Interview Questions
    • tell me what you could accomplish in your first 90 days at work   Answer Question

SQA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Palo Alto Networks in March 2011.

Recruiter asks some pre-written technical questions