Palo Alto Research Center Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Palo Alto Research Center

Research Associate Interview

Very quick turn over from submission of application to scheduling an interview. Benefit of being local is ability to meet in person for interviews with the team in which there is an open position.

Scientist, Postdoctoral Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Palo Alto Research Center.

1. oral presentation of my PhD research for 1hr. Getting and answering questions during the presentation.
    2. lunch meeting with a small group of researchers who are interested in detail discussion.
    3. 1:1 meetings with hiring manager and some technical managers

Research Interm Interview

I was for the summer research interm position by a research staff and a fellow. There was only one interview. It was short and involve a broad spectrum of knowledge, particularly about machine learning and statistics. After that, I was asked to describe my current research work. I nailed both and, after a few casual questions, I get the offer.

Member of Research Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Palo Alto Research Center.

I was assigned a design problem one week before the interview, which involved making 3D models (either in CAD or by hand; I chose to do it with CAD) and 2D drawings. I had to make a 45-minute presentation for a group of 20-30 people about the design problem or previous projects; I chose to talk about previous projects because I was warned that if I had talked about the design problem and answered it incorrectly, then I would have had little chance to get the job. I was interviewed initially by a project lead on the phone, and then on site I interviewed with 10 scientists and engineers who mostly asked challenging technical questions. Overall, one of the most challenging interview processes I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • The design problem was challenging, and in general, the interviewers' technical questions were challenging.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the salary some.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Palo Alto Research Center in February 2012.

I applied for the position online and was contacted for an interview within 2 weeks. It was a 45-minute phone interview to find out how my experiences matched the needs of the position and included a brief brainstorming session. The questions were not unexpected since I had applied specifically for this position online.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were expected and related to the job description.   Answer Question