Palo Alto Research Center

Interviews for Top Jobs at Palo Alto Research Center

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Member of Research Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Palo Alto Research Center.

I was assigned a design problem one week before the interview, which involved making 3D models (either in CAD or by hand; I chose to do it with CAD) and 2D drawings. I had to make a 45-minute presentation for a group of 20-30 people about the design problem or previous projects; I chose to talk about previous projects because I was warned that if I had talked about the design problem and answered it incorrectly, then I would have had little chance to get the job. I was interviewed initially by a project lead on the phone, and then on site I interviewed with 10 scientists and engineers who mostly asked challenging technical questions. Overall, one of the most challenging interview processes I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • The design problem was challenging, and in general, the interviewers' technical questions were challenging.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the salary some.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Palo Alto Research Center in February 2012.

I applied for the position online and was contacted for an interview within 2 weeks. It was a 45-minute phone interview to find out how my experiences matched the needs of the position and included a brief brainstorming session. The questions were not unexpected since I had applied specifically for this position online.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were expected and related to the job description.   Answer Question