Pampered Chef

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Buyer Interview

Buyer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pampered Chef.

Interview Details – This part was like any other place. You apply then you get a call from HR. She set up an appointment then I met with a couple people. They called me back for a second interview. This was pretty routine of what you would expect. They called and checked the references.

Interview Question – There were not difficult questions   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Addison, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pampered Chef in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a request for a phone interview with a recruiter a few days later. Very nice recruiter with common questions. Recruiter did their homework and asked specific questions about my experience based off of my resume and website. A few days later I received a call for an in-person interview. Scheduled a 4.5 hour interview which was conducted in 5 separate interviews with 5 different people. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. A very positive experience, even though an offer was not made.

Pampered Chef does drug test. Not an issue for everyone, but something to note for a lot of creatives.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, but hard not to sound redundant with 5 separate interviews.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Pampered Chef

Interview Details – Easy to be recruited. Anyone who wants to be a consultant can.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Independent Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Pampered Chef in January 2009.

Interview Details – Expressed interest in making additional money, show consultant provided opportunity, I explored further and she did a 1:1 interview to see if it really was a good fit. Once I decided I wanted to pursue this business opportunity, I filled out the Consultant Agreement, bought the start-up kit so I could do the demos and began reaching out to immediate circle to book first few shows.

Interview Question – Standard questions - nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Senior QA Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pampered Chef.

Interview Details – HR phone interview was very interesting. HR person had good technical background and friendly. Phone interview with hiring manager seemed rushed, not friendly. Started off straight with technical without any introduction.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Entry Sales Interview

Entry Sales
Normal, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Pampered Chef in February 2009.

Interview Details – Only student to reply to e-vite from a career booth sign up. Met up with 3 women who sell Pampered Chef, ate taco dip and talked about basic products -- they told me their stories. I told them my interest in nutrition and they had me step out of the room while they chose who would "get" me. Your status increases with recruits.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was to say no, because didn't!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They explained the entry sales commission percentile and how to earn more. We went over a strategy of how to book shows and contact family/friends.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Bethel, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Pampered Chef in October 2010.

Interview Details – Your interview is more for you than anyone else. You get to see what this job will offer you and if you'd like to take advantage of the opportuinty

Interview Question – Is this job for anyone?   View Answer

Manager, Recipe & Food Editorial Interview

Manager, Recipe & Food Editorial
Addison, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pampered Chef.

Interview Details – HIGHLY structured process. I was contacted by a recruiter's assistant, interviewed by the recruiter who passed my resume on to HR at the Pampered Chef. The HR team reviewed all resumes and conducted at least one (and I heard from the recruiter sometimes 2) interviews with individual candidates. That's followed up by a phone call with the hiring manager, and then and only then an in-person interview on site at their location.

Interview Question – I had a longish (35+ minute) conversation with the HR person.Our conversation took a strange turn as I answered a question ("Tell me about the origin of your passion for food"); after a long discussion leading up to that question the HR person all but hung up on me as I answered.   Answer Question

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Senior CopyWriter
Addison, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pampered Chef in September 2011.

Interview Details – Initial screening via telephone. Most questions focused on quantifying workload and rating skills. At the end of phone interview, HR recruiter requested writing samples and said she would get back to me within two weeks.

The following week, I was invited for a face-to-face interview with the HR recruiter and two members of the management team. The three one-on-one interview were 30 minutes each. The HR recruiter interview was almost an exact repeat of the phone interview. The first manager asked me to summarize my experience in my own words and discussed the samples I submitted. The second manager was more focused on the approvals process and how I dealt with feedback. All in all, a relatively easy interview that didn't go anywhere.

Interview Question – Not too many unexpected questions: What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Are you open to edits of your writing?   Answer Question

Independent Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pampered Chef.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by my recruiter's director, who asked about the motivation behind my desire to join the company. Because working as a consultant with the Pampered Chef is essentially a self-selected opportunity it is unlikely that someone would be denied the endorsement of the director. Still, the interview is helpful to the consultant by asking appropriate questions and offering an opportunity to ask questions and discuss concerns.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation necessary.

Worked for Pampered Chef? Contribute to the Community!