Panasas

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

3.3

CMO Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Panasas.

Very thorough and rigorous interview process with the executive team and board. My advice is to do your research and bring your specific ideas about how you will contribute. I had a total of 8 meetings before I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What material impact will you have on the growth of the business in one years time, be specific and use the metrics to measure it.   Answer Question
    Very fair and transparent.

Software Engineer - File Systems Performance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Panasas in August 2014.

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter, told that I didn't have enough experience but smart enough to get a phd so they'd give me a chance, an on-site interview was then set up in pittsburgh. The interview was with the hiring manager only, lasted for one hour.

Interview Questions
    • The question was very vague. Given an app that does a lot of read how do you improve the performance? I was like, uhmmm there are many ways, so I focused on the blades, turned out that he wanted someone who can break down complex problems, sigh ..........   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panasas in May 2014.

I was referred by a friend. There was a phone call with the hiring manager, then lunch with him. Then a phone interview with the HR rep followed by a presentation I did to a panel and one on one interviews. The panel consisted of a broad spectrum of roles in the organization.

Interview Questions
    • What is the largest number of items you have ever had in a backlog and how long would it have taken your team to complete all of them?   View Answer

Kernel Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panasas.

Got a call from recruiter then had a technical phone screen which mostly concentrated on kernel fundamentals like synchronization and memory management. Got called for an onsite interview which had 4 interviews which were an hour long. The questions ranged from design issues where I had to implement framework APIs that other kernel components can use to get high resolution timers and also some algorithmic questions. Overall the interview process was good and relevant to the positions.

Interview Questions
    • Implement kernel APIs that other kernel component can use to get hi res timers.   View Answer
    • If you have to large files with each file havin some unique integers in a non sorted manner, come up with a program to find if both the files have some set of numbers. Example file1 {4, 8, 9} File2 {8, 4, 9}   Answer Question

IT/Systems Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panasas.

Recruiter was pleasant to deal with. Knowledgable about the company, culture, team and position as well as thorough in answering all my questions.

Hiring manager - seemed to be more interested in checking off the boxes than getting to know me or my skill set. During the phone screen he asked a series of questions. Two of the questions, he repeated twice, as if he wasn't even listening to what I was telling him.

Interview Questions
    • During the in-person/on-site interview I was taken to a room and was asked a few more questions by the hiring manager. Then without notice, a TV in the far corner of the room turned on, the hiring manager stood up and left. Next thing I knew I was talking via video conference with two guys who started asking more questions. At one point, I had to stop and ask, Who are you? Where are you? I had no idea if they were across the street or 1000's of miles away. Turns out they were on the other side of the country.

Overall Panasas could improve their interviewing skills by learning some basic social/people skills.

View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Panasas in April 2013.

Telephonic interviews and later face to face. Basics of file system, networking, puzzles, C , python or perl code and data structures have been asked

Technical Support Engineer III Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panasas in April 2012.

Panasas came onto my RADAR screen via LinedIn. One of those "Jobs you may be interested in". I did a quick bit of research, and found that one of my close contacts was linked to the recruiter at the company.
    After an introduction, and an initial application, I was contacted by the recruiter to say they were still reviewing for the open positions, but there would be a slight delay - I think it was about 8 weeks, then I received an invitation for a telephone (screening) interview.
    That went extremely well, and I was told to expect a follow-up technical phone interview - only to find that it was 'escalated' to an onsite interview with the director/manager and a couple of engineers - by VIDEO CONFERENCE!
    This onsite was quite novel, given that my interviewers were in Pittsburg, PA and I was in Sunnyvale. I thought everything went quite well - there were obvious holes in my existing experience, due to not working in this specific space/niche before - but nothing that seemed like a show-stopper.
    The interview was rounded off with a couple of local folks - one from HR and one was a VP from the Engineering function. Again, all seemed to go really well.

A few days later, I received notice that they had decided not to proceed with my application. I don't know why, and I am disappointed, but I'll not be burning any bridges, and I am still "Linkedin" with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Would you mind waiting in this conference room - your interviewer should arrive shortly. (Sitting in front of a big TV screen).   View Answer
    • Describe a major project you have worked on, and the technical difficulties you had to overcome - be as detailed as possible.   View Answer