Panasonic Automotive Systems Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was CRITICAL! I had a panel interview and the panel literally drilled me with all behavior based questions. Somethings were a bit irrelevant so I was unsure as to why I was being asked. Prepare thoroughly for the and PASA interviews.

Interview Question – When creating pivot table what were you pivoting?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer, Mechanical Interview

Senior Engineer, Mechanical

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company in October 2013.

Interview Details – The plant is easy to find and I did not have any issues getting out of ATL airport. The interview was shorter than most I had prior to this one so I time to check out the area before flying home.

Interview Question – Why would you move from your established home and move so far?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was quick and easy as the offer was what I asked for at the end of the interview.

Project Lead Engineer Interview

Project Lead Engineer

Interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company

Interview Details – They look at my past experiece on my resume. And also look at my personality and capability to work in a team environment.

Interview Question – By looking at a design circuit board, identify what type of circuits and their respective functions.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company.

Interview Details – First interview with HR person and second interview with hiring manager. About two hours total.

Interview Question – What is the APQP process?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company

Interview Details – Got a call through career fair. Had HR and technical interview. Never got to hear back about the result. Highly unprofessional

Interview Question – Write a verilog code for pipelined system   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer
Peachtree City, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company in August 2011.

Interview Details – Found opening on LinkedIn - (would recommend)
Applied online
Contacted a friend that worked there and he submitted my resume to the hiring manager and HR

Phone interview with HR
Onsite interview with Hiring Manager and future co-workers
Reference check

Overall, an easy process, a little technical, but nothing unexpected

Interview Question – None really, there were a lot of technical questions, and we didn't use the same terminology, but once we were able to get through the terminology, I was able to answer the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was downsized from my previous position, so I didn't ask for anything, other than a start date.

Technical Specialist Interview

Technical Specialist
Peachtree City, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had to go through a temp agency, Aerotek, for the posted position. The interview process was very pleasant with the manager and a lead engineer for the position in Root Cause dept. Basic questions of electronic knowledge. Work ethics references. Some basic knowledge of electronic equipments. Basic soldering skill.

Interview Question – Are you the type of person who can think outside the box?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The beginning salary was basically agreed with the temp. agency. The question was that "When can you get started?"

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Peachtree City, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company in December 2011.

Interview Details – Human Resources is involved in the process from beginning to end. A brief phone interview in conducted by HR to make an initial determination of if your interests fit the position. An on-site interview is scheduled and last for about an hour. Interviews are conducted with 2 or 3 panels: Peers, Immediate Management, Upper Management (if 3rd panel).

Interview Question – Have you ever been thought of as untrustworthy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. Salary was determined based on national statistics, which I felt were fair.

Intern/Co-op Position of Validation Department Interview

Intern/Co-op Position of Validation Department

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company.

Interview Details – The first interview is handled by a HR, who asked typical behavior questions such as the most successful achievements and the unfortunate failure
The second interview is handled by several engineers, who asked details about my resume. They for instance, ask technical details of projects, undergraduate researches and software knowledge.

Interview Question – None, this is only a hiring process of an intern/co-op position. No tough questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for wages
This is only a position of intern/co-op

Director Interview

Director
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication from HR manager. 30 min telephone screen. Next stage was on-site interview with VP and Director in division. That is as far as I made it.

However, though there was an extremely lengthy job description posted (got this through internet posting), there was a lot of basic information missing: P&L size, specific products (infotainment and advanced hybrid batteries were mentioned but actual product was speakers). It was not clear what they were looking for in terms of experience. It appears that infotainment and experience with a particular customer were strongly desired (based on the interview), but the JD didn't indicate this. I could have avoided the whole thing, as neither of these was a strength for me.

Initial response from resume submission was almost two months. At the interview I was told there would be some follow up the following week. Took more than three weeks to provide any response and this was a rejection - no explanation. I think the communication process could have been better throughout.

No behavior-based questions. Just more "general discussion" and typical asking off the resume. I was asked about my infotainment experience, when it's pretty clear from my resume that I have no experience in that area at all. Again, hard to see what the point was if they already knew what they wanted. Maybe I was just a comparison candidate?

Interview Question – I don't think any of the questions were particularly difficult. People I met were pleasant and seemed professional.   Answer Question

Worked for Panasonic Automotive Systems Company? Contribute to the Community!