Panasonic Automotive Systems Company

Updated Sep 20, 2014
Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

recruiter called me and we talked about my resume. He focused on what about my projects and what I did in my project. Also, he told me some situation and asked me what I would do at that situation.

Interview Questions
    • He asked about my childhood. It was really unexpected question to me.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peachtree City, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company.

After successful phone interview, I was flown in to have a group interview from Sr. Staff and Managers. It was a technical question and answer session along with some philosophical questions.

I did not receive the salary which I asked for until several years later.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company in May 2014.

The interview was CRITICAL! I had a panel interview and the panel literally drilled me with all behavior based questions. Somethings were a bit irrelevant so I was unsure as to why I was being asked. Prepare thoroughly for the and PASA interviews.

Project Lead Engineer Interview

They look at my past experiece on my resume. And also look at my personality and capability to work in a team environment.

Interview Questions
    • By looking at a design circuit board, identify what type of circuits and their respective functions.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company.

First interview with HR person and second interview with hiring manager. About two hours total.

didn't negotiate.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company in March 2014.

There will be 2 person panel phone interview and 5 person panel direct interview. Questions are mainly based on Embedded C. Some sample questions are as below, overall your attitude matters:
    - What is void function doing in the void hello(char* pointer);
    and int hello(char* pointer); ?
    - What are malloc and calloc functions ?
    - what is the function used for freeing the memory ?

Interview Questions
    • Gave the code to go through and fix some issue in it, the comments for the code was in Japanese.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Got a call through career fair. Had HR and technical interview. Never got to hear back about the result. Highly unprofessional

Senior Engineer, Mechanical Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company in October 2013.

The plant is easy to find and I did not have any issues getting out of ATL airport. The interview was shorter than most I had prior to this one so I time to check out the area before flying home.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you move from your established home and move so far?   View Answer
    It was quick and easy as the offer was what I asked for at the end of the interview.

Intern/Co-op Position of Validation Department Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company.

The first interview is handled by a HR, who asked typical behavior questions such as the most successful achievements and the unfortunate failure
    The second interview is handled by several engineers, who asked details about my resume. They for instance, ask technical details of projects, undergraduate researches and software knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • None, this is only a hiring process of an intern/co-op position. No tough questions.   View Answer
    No negotiations for wages
    This is only a position of intern/co-op

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company in August 2012.

Initial communication from HR manager. 30 min telephone screen. Next stage was on-site interview with VP and Director in division. That is as far as I made it.

However, though there was an extremely lengthy job description posted (got this through internet posting), there was a lot of basic information missing: P&L size, specific products (infotainment and advanced hybrid batteries were mentioned but actual product was speakers). It was not clear what they were looking for in terms of experience. It appears that infotainment and experience with a particular customer were strongly desired (based on the interview), but the JD didn't indicate this. I could have avoided the whole thing, as neither of these was a strength for me.

Initial response from resume submission was almost two months. At the interview I was told there would be some follow up the following week. Took more than three weeks to provide any response and this was a rejection - no explanation. I think the communication process could have been better throughout.

No behavior-based questions. Just more "general discussion" and typical asking off the resume. I was asked about my infotainment experience, when it's pretty clear from my resume that I have no experience in that area at all. Again, hard to see what the point was if they already knew what they wanted. Maybe I was just a comparison candidate?

Interview Questions
    • I don't think any of the questions were particularly difficult. People I met were pleasant and seemed professional.   Answer Question

Worked for Panasonic Automotive Systems Company? Contribute to the Community!