Panasonic Automotive Systems Company

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.6

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company.

There was a phone screen, a group phone interview and an on site interview. No behavioral questions but more of a conversation about what I have done and the job requirements.

Tough to negotiate with and offer was a lateral move and would not pay money I owed for my masters from leaving my existing job.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company in October 2014.

Round 1: I was poached on LinkedIn by a third party recruiter to apply online, so I did. A few weeks later I received an email asking to set up a phone interview with a hiring manager. Early August, I had a phone interview. The questions were very basic i.e. going into details on the things I put on my resume. I was asked if I can start work immediately; they must have loved my resume. I had to decline due to my current internship with another company, but we agreed to keep in touch for future opportunities.

Round 2: I visited my school's career fair to start looking for internships, and I decided to make a stop at the Panasonic booth. I met the individual that set up my round 1 phone interview and handed her an updated resume. A few weeks later I received an email asking to set up an on-site interview; Panasonic has an office on campus. It was a video conference with three H/W engineers from HQ. Again, questions regarding my resume. This interview wasn't to see if they wanted to hire me; it was to decide what office to put me in as they had already decided to hire me after round 1.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I could commute to Peachtree City from Atlanta. I'm still a student with classes to take, so I tried to negotiate working at the office that's on campus. They negotiated a half-week on campus and half-week in Peachtree City, which I took into heavy consideration as working in the HQ actually interests me.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable. Interns are all kept at the same pay-scale.

Software Engineer Interview

recruiter called me and we talked about my resume. He focused on what about my projects and what I did in my project. Also, he told me some situation and asked me what I would do at that situation.

Interview Questions
    • He asked about my childhood. It was really unexpected question to me.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

After successful phone interview, I was flown in to have a group interview from Sr. Staff and Managers. It was a technical question and answer session along with some philosophical questions.

I did not receive the salary which I asked for until several years later.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company in May 2014.

The interview was CRITICAL! I had a panel interview and the panel literally drilled me with all behavior based questions. Somethings were a bit irrelevant so I was unsure as to why I was being asked. Prepare thoroughly for the and PASA interviews.

Project Lead Engineer Interview

They look at my past experiece on my resume. And also look at my personality and capability to work in a team environment.

Interview Questions
    • By looking at a design circuit board, identify what type of circuits and their respective functions.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company.

First interview with HR person and second interview with hiring manager. About two hours total.

didn't negotiate.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company in March 2014.

There will be 2 person panel phone interview and 5 person panel direct interview. Questions are mainly based on Embedded C. Some sample questions are as below, overall your attitude matters:
    - What is void function doing in the void hello(char* pointer);
    and int hello(char* pointer); ?
    - What are malloc and calloc functions ?
    - what is the function used for freeing the memory ?

Interview Questions
    • Gave the code to go through and fix some issue in it, the comments for the code was in Japanese.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Got a call through career fair. Had HR and technical interview. Never got to hear back about the result. Highly unprofessional

Senior Engineer, Mechanical Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company in October 2013.

The plant is easy to find and I did not have any issues getting out of ATL airport. The interview was shorter than most I had prior to this one so I time to check out the area before flying home.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you move from your established home and move so far?   View Answer
    It was quick and easy as the offer was what I asked for at the end of the interview.