Panasonic Automotive Systems Company

Updated Jun 7, 2015

2.8

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

2 Rounds. First round was to shortlist the ideal person from the sea of resumes that they had received. It was more of a describe your past projects and how did you come up with this solution and things like that. And was asked to come up with a logic for string reversal without using the function strrev. Second round was with a group of panel consisting of 2 members. They were looking for a particular skill and I had different skills.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company.

Interview

There was a phone screen, a group phone interview and an on site interview. No behavioral questions but more of a conversation about what I have done and the job requirements.

Negotiation

Tough to negotiate with and offer was a lateral move and would not pay money I owed for my masters from leaving my existing job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company (Peachtree City, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Probably the fastest and best interview experiences I've had. The recruiting team had a lot of energy, really seem passionate about bringing people into the company, everyone was quick and responsive, interview questions were fair and relevant, the hiring manager took me to lunch after my panel interview with the team, I was given a tour of the facility, my flight/car/hotel was covered by the company and the HR representative scheduling the interview was helpful throughout the process....overall great experience!

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy most or most passionate about the industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR representative was so easy to work with...you could tell she really wanted to be as fair and competitive with my offer as possible while still be fair to internal employees as well. Pretty painless process overall.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Round 1: I was poached on LinkedIn by a third party recruiter to apply online, so I did. A few weeks later I received an email asking to set up a phone interview with a hiring manager. Early August, I had a phone interview. The questions were very basic i.e. going into details on the things I put on my resume. I was asked if I can start work immediately; they must have loved my resume. I had to decline due to my current internship with another company, but we agreed to keep in touch for future opportunities. Round 2: I visited my school's career fair to start looking for internships, and I decided to make a stop at the Panasonic booth. I met the individual that set up my round 1 phone interview and handed her an updated resume. A few weeks later I received an email asking to set up an on-site interview; Panasonic has an office on campus. It was a video conference with three H/W engineers from HQ. Again, questions regarding my resume. This interview wasn't to see if they wanted to hire me; it was to decide what office to put me in as they had already decided to hire me after round 1.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could commute to Peachtree City from Atlanta. I'm still a student with classes to take, so I tried to negotiate working at the office that's on campus. They negotiated a half-week on campus and half-week in Peachtree City, which I took into heavy consideration as working in the HQ actually interests me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. Interns are all kept at the same pay-scale.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

recruiter called me and we talked about my resume. He focused on what about my projects and what I did in my project. Also, he told me some situation and asked me what I would do at that situation.

Interview Questions

• He asked about my childhood. It was really unexpected question to me.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company (Peachtree City, GA).

Interview

After successful phone interview, I was flown in to have a group interview from Sr. Staff and Managers. It was a technical question and answer session along with some philosophical questions.

Negotiation

I did not receive the salary which I asked for until several years later.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was CRITICAL! I had a panel interview and the panel literally drilled me with all behavior based questions. Somethings were a bit irrelevant so I was unsure as to why I was being asked. Prepare thoroughly for the and PASA interviews.

Co-op/ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company (Farmington Hills, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Panel interview consisting of group managers of available departments to work in. Interested mostly in your background and knowledge base. Took time to ask questions of you as a person and engage in a technological discussion of examples and projects previously worked on. Asked to use examples in how to solve basic Electrical Engineering problems. Also focused on useful classes that stood out on a resume.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge based questions ( I.E. How did you use this principle? Could you explain what you would do here?)   Answer Question

Project Lead Engineer Interview

Interview

They look at my past experiece on my resume. And also look at my personality and capability to work in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• By looking at a design circuit board, identify what type of circuits and their respective functions.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company.

Interview

First interview with HR person and second interview with hiring manager. About two hours total.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

didn't negotiate.