Panasonic Avionics Corporation

Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.8

Program Manager III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation.

I had a phone interview with HR out of Washington. The position is located in Lake Forest, CA. I applied to Panasonic 4x over a period of 3 months. Once for PMIII, 2x for PMII, and once for PMII (Engineering). The PMIII application I submitted a CV instead of resume and that was "noticed." The HR person commented that they really liked it. After the initial contact by HR, the interview process went very fast.

After my initial interview with HR, I was able to progress to a phone interview with a person in Lake Forest. The HR person had fantastic communication with me. HR said they would call me to schedule an on site interview if I passed the phone interview. HR called me within 10 minutes of the phone interview to schedule my on site interview.

On site interview went very well. I first interviewed with Dir. Of Program Mgt. Then I interviewed with Snr Engineer/Snr Business Development person, and finally the Snr. Dir. Of Engineering. The questions were all Program/Project Mgt related. Nothing too hard if you have worked as PM in aerospace for years. All interviews were very comfortable and conversational. They were looking for senior PM that didn't need trained.

I was called 45 minutes after my interview with an offer. I was still driving back from interview! Fastest offer I ever received.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about working with global teams and customers and understanding cultural differences.   Answer Question
    They offered more than I asked for on the application. I countered conservatively. They accepted.

Test Technician Interview

I talked with a recruiter on the phone for the position, although I was a bit apprehensive about it since I graduated with a 4 year degree in engineering. I was hoping to at least show my face and make enough of an impression where I could get an actual salary job.

He basically just asked about my experience and various questions about my resume

MTSII Hardware Engineer At Lake Forest, CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in September 2014.

I had my interview scheduled for a Friday and they called me back to reschedule to the following Monday. I was told that the person wanting to interview me said "if he is really serious about the job he make time and interview when it is convenient for us and not him". When I heard this I did not have a very good feeling going to the interview. I was told to come prepared with paper, pencil, and a calculator to answer technical questions.

When I came to the interview the two guys interviewing me were trashing me from the start. They asked me questions about my resume and no technical questions at all. Most of the time through the interview they didn't even give me a legitimate chance to speak up and talk to my experience. I was qualified for the position and all they did was trash my experience. He actually asked me if I had ever been on an airplane even though my resume stated I had traveled. The other guy said "you say you have experience managing projects but I fail to see where any of that experience is on your resume". It was written on the first page of my resume. They did have a very nice and clean work campus located in a beautiful area.

When I was being walked to the lobby I was told "They were really impressed with you after your phone interview", which was odd because I never did a phone interview. My response was "that's interesting because I never did a phone interview" and this persons response was "don't worry he collects inputs about you from all of us". I was clearly being told a lie straight to my face, they didn't collect anything and wasted my time. I received a very negative impression and would NOT RECOMMEND working at this company for anyone.

Interview Questions
    • No real technical questions except "how to build a power supply?" They need to do a better job of writing the job description on their posting.   Answer Question

MTSIII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation.

Good technical and analytical interview. Took the whole day for interview

Hard to negotiate with

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in January 2014.

Had 2 telephonic interviews. Those were mostly based on my experience/resume and not very technical. Then I was invited for a face to face interview. They arranged for the travel, stay and had a full day of interviews scheduled. Met the Recruiter in the morning and had a technical test. There were actually 4 tests for C, C++, Linux and MySQL + PHP. I do not know PHP so that test wasn't very good. MySQL questions were pretty straightforward - 2 tables were given and various queries with increasing level of difficulty were asked. The linux test mostly consisted of commands and their uses and some troubleshooting problems like PC restarting every few hours what would you do etc? In the C++ test, a program was given and was asked to find maximum bugs in it. And the C program was to remove all the blanks in a string in place. Had about 11/2 hours to complete it. Then had lunch followed by 4 face to face interviews. Questions in those were mostly based on the resume like how did you manage memory leaks in C++? How did you interact with the db through C++? What test harness environments have you used? Other questions were - How would you remove blanks from a string in place in C++? How would you do it differently in C++ than in C? How to duplicate a string? How to implement word count functionality? And general questions like how do you manage your time, priorities? Where do you see yourself in next 3 years etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would you remove blanks from a string in place in C++? How would you do it differently in C++ than in C? How to implement word count functionality?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Meet the recruiters on university career fair and received a phone behavioral interview after two weeks. Onsite interview in Lake Forest campus on Nov 15. First do a paper test including Java and Android basic questions, then interview with five people, four of them are engineers and one is manager. Questions including OS, advanced Java and Android understanding, simple data structure problems.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about JNI(Java Native Interface)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in October 2013.

I applied through linkedin. HR contacted me within1 week. Got Interview call from hiring manager. He asked about current project. Next day TL called me for next round of interview. He again asked basic question from profile. Got a call for onsite within 1 week. Onsite interview process contains written test on C, C++, linux. All are basic questions. Then Hiring manager, TL and senior manager took interview about current roles and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Offered below from current market standard.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation.

Recruiting team was outstanding. Very organized and informative process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in October 2013.

There was a test followed by an interview with the manager which was not technically grilling, more about the work I have done

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult, although I do not know why i didnt get it.   Answer Question

Curriculum Developer/Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Standard phone screening with HR, initial phone screening with Mgr, In-person interview with Mgr and select members of the team, then final interview including a practice instructional session on topic of choice. Interviews are all very standard and include questions one would expect in a curriculum/content development role- but the emphasis is ALSO on the ability of the candidate to instruct.

Interview Questions
    • There were no overly difficult questions.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Period.