Panasonic Avionics Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

MTSIII Interview

MTSIII
Lake Forest, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation.

Interview Details – Good technical and analytical interview. Took the whole day for interview

Negotiation Details – Hard to negotiate with

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Lake Forest, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through linkedin. HR contacted me within1 week. Got Interview call from hiring manager. He asked about current project. Next day TL called me for next round of interview. He again asked basic question from profile. Got a call for onsite within 1 week. Onsite interview process contains written test on C, C++, linux. All are basic questions. Then Hiring manager, TL and senior manager took interview about current roles and responsibilities.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. All were basic questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offered below from current market standard.

Curriculum Developer/Instructor Interview

Curriculum Developer/Instructor
Lake Forest, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation.

Interview Details – Standard phone screening with HR, initial phone screening with Mgr, In-person interview with Mgr and select members of the team, then final interview including a practice instructional session on topic of choice. Interviews are all very standard and include questions one would expect in a curriculum/content development role- but the emphasis is ALSO on the ability of the candidate to instruct.

Interview Question – There were no overly difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Period.

Product Marketing Intern Interview

Product Marketing Intern
Lake Forest, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – I received an email from HR and was invited for an on-site interview. The campus at Panasonic is huge. I was given security clearance and taken to the Marketing building where I proceeded to wait for the interviewer. I was invited upstairs to a panel of three. There they introduced themselves and asked me to speak. I took the interview more for experience as I knew I was most likely not getting into marketing in the first place and even receiving the interview was a surprise to me. While the company seemed to be well-off and quite a sight in person, I was disappointed to see the interviewers show disinterest in me, due to my engineering background. The interview lasted no more than 20 minutes. Overall, they were looking for a more of a technical product marketer rather than a business marketer. Their job descriptions are very vague, which may be misleading.

Interview Question – What could you do to improve our marketing?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Lake Forest, CA

Interview Details – Got a phone call asking if I was interested in the position as an unpaid intern. Gave them a specific time I could interview. Got about an hour interview, week later was offered the position via phone call.

Interview Question – Asked about how you work in teams   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Lake Forest, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation.

Interview Details – I never got to the interview process. It took 4 months for HR to close the loop with me which is unacceptable. Numerous attempts to contact multiple recruiters went unanswered. I also asked somebody on the inside to forward my resume to the hiring manager to no avail. I still did not receive confirmation one way or the other.

Very Easy Interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Lake Forest, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in December 2012.

Interview Details – HR called me for a systems enginer position. I was asked to write system requirements for an incremental capability to their In-flight entertainment system with a 1 day turnaround. They were satisfied with my document so I had 2 more interviews with 2 different groups that were interested in my skills. Both hiring managers were of Chinese origin, one with very good English, the second was very hard to understand.

Interview Question – No difficult questions mostly about past experiences and content of the resume. Once they are satisfied with your answers HR will move quickly with the interview process.
In general I felt the both interviewers are not very experienced as the the interview was without structure and their technical level was mediocre.
One of the groups hiring managers had very hard to understand English (heavy Chinese accent) and I had to ask him to repeat all questions.
Salary wise do not expect a high salary, however, since it is the Irvine CA region it could be that what they offer is what the market pays there. Salary for similar position in the SF Bay area is about 35K more annually.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was too low compared to my current similar position, also, Hiring managers did not
inspire me to want to work with them. so in total, looking at the big picture it did not work for me,

Unix Systems Administraror Interview

Unix Systems Administraror
Lake Forest, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was joined as contract position, interview was face to face and it was ok

Interview Question – what is your potential moving option   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Lake Forest, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had two phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The first interview was set up with the hiring manager followed by a second interview with the lead hardware engineer. I did well in both phone interviews.
     Few weeks later, I was invited for an in-person interview. Initially, I was asked to take a quiz. The questions were on Linux commands, FDMA, TDMA, computer networking, token ring topology, J-K flip flop, resister divider bias, transistor, and timing diagram. I was well prepared and manage to answer 95 % of the questions. This was followed by interview with the hiring manager, lead hardware engineer and two staff engineers. I was then taken to a electronics engineering lab and asked to demonstrate hands-on skill. I was given a circuit board having a blown fuse( that was my first question, is the board working?) and was required to take voltage measurements, frequency measurements and measure rise, fall time. Since, I have been working for two years, this was fairly simple (and best part of interview). Overall, the interview went well. I started at 10.00 PM and left the building at 5.00 PM. The arrangement was fantastic and included lunch with the team.
It has been over one and half month and I haven't heard back from them yet. I have not even received a rejection letter yet! At this point, I have given up on them and accepted another job offer. EXTREMELY SLOW HIRING PROCESS. I took time to study and prepare for this interview. I was left disappointed at the end.

Interview Question – Questions were on various topics like basic transistor circuit, questions on power supply topology, digital circuits, and PADS software. Panasonic avionics shall ask you to demonstrate hands-on skills in the electronics lab. You should know a difference between rise and fall time, how to use oscilloscope, digital multi-meter, grounding schemes, and causes of components failure. You should also know how to read electrical schematics and wiring diagrams. It is helpful to take a nicely designed circuit for this interview. Be prepared to defend your work in the end.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff I Hardware Interview

Member of Technical Staff I Hardware
Lake Forest, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in August 2012.

Interview Details – Went through 4 interviews - 3 phone interviews and 1 in-person. They flew me out to interview and spent all day doing hands on and written testing along with interviews with managers. After interview contacted a week later to ask for selection update. I was told they were still doing interviews. Waited 2 more weeks and tried to contact again..no response at all from 2 HR reps or the hiring manager in division I interviewed for..I tried contacting by both phone and email..very frustrating since the whole interview process took over 2 months then they don't even have the courtesy to respond and let me know either way.

Interview Question – had to perform hands on lab assessment that was easy but with their employee hovering over me asking why I was doing it that way was frustrating..also had to complete a 4 page exam on electronics to assess my weak areas, somewhat difficult since I wasn't expecting to do that   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Panasonic Avionics Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panasonic Avionics Corporation interview questions and advice in Lake Forest, CA. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Panasonic Avionics Corporation employees and interview candidates.