Panasonic Avionics Corporation

2.8

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Manager III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation.

I had a phone interview with HR out of Washington. The position is located in Lake Forest, CA. I applied to Panasonic 4x over a period of 3 months. Once for PMIII, 2x for PMII, and once for PMII (Engineering). The PMIII application I submitted a CV instead of resume and that was "noticed." The HR person commented that they really liked it. After the initial contact by HR, the interview process went very fast.

After my initial interview with HR, I was able to progress to a phone interview with a person in Lake Forest. The HR person had fantastic communication with me. HR said they would call me to schedule an on site interview if I passed the phone interview. HR called me within 10 minutes of the phone interview to schedule my on site interview.

On site interview went very well. I first interviewed with Dir. Of Program Mgt. Then I interviewed with Snr Engineer/Snr Business Development person, and finally the Snr. Dir. Of Engineering. The questions were all Program/Project Mgt related. Nothing too hard if you have worked as PM in aerospace for years. All interviews were very comfortable and conversational. They were looking for senior PM that didn't need trained.

I was called 45 minutes after my interview with an offer. I was still driving back from interview! Fastest offer I ever received.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about working with global teams and customers and understanding cultural differences.   Answer Question
    They offered more than I asked for on the application. I countered conservatively. They accepted.

MTSII Hardware Engineer At Lake Forest, CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in September 2014.

I had my interview scheduled for a Friday and they called me back to reschedule to the following Monday. I was told that the person wanting to interview me said "if he is really serious about the job he make time and interview when it is convenient for us and not him". When I heard this I did not have a very good feeling going to the interview. I was told to come prepared with paper, pencil, and a calculator to answer technical questions.

When I came to the interview the two guys interviewing me were trashing me from the start. They asked me questions about my resume and no technical questions at all. Most of the time through the interview they didn't even give me a legitimate chance to speak up and talk to my experience. I was qualified for the position and all they did was trash my experience. He actually asked me if I had ever been on an airplane even though my resume stated I had traveled. The other guy said "you say you have experience managing projects but I fail to see where any of that experience is on your resume". It was written on the first page of my resume. They did have a very nice and clean work campus located in a beautiful area.

When I was being walked to the lobby I was told "They were really impressed with you after your phone interview", which was odd because I never did a phone interview. My response was "that's interesting because I never did a phone interview" and this persons response was "don't worry he collects inputs about you from all of us". I was clearly being told a lie straight to my face, they didn't collect anything and wasted my time. I received a very negative impression and would NOT RECOMMEND working at this company for anyone.

Interview Questions
    • No real technical questions except "how to build a power supply?" They need to do a better job of writing the job description on their posting.   Answer Question

MTSIII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation.

Good technical and analytical interview. Took the whole day for interview

Hard to negotiate with

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in October 2013.

I applied through linkedin. HR contacted me within1 week. Got Interview call from hiring manager. He asked about current project. Next day TL called me for next round of interview. He again asked basic question from profile. Got a call for onsite within 1 week. Onsite interview process contains written test on C, C++, linux. All are basic questions. Then Hiring manager, TL and senior manager took interview about current roles and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Offered below from current market standard.

Curriculum Developer/Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Standard phone screening with HR, initial phone screening with Mgr, In-person interview with Mgr and select members of the team, then final interview including a practice instructional session on topic of choice. Interviews are all very standard and include questions one would expect in a curriculum/content development role- but the emphasis is ALSO on the ability of the candidate to instruct.

Interview Questions
    • There were no overly difficult questions.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Period.

Product Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in August 2013.

I received an email from HR and was invited for an on-site interview. The campus at Panasonic is huge. I was given security clearance and taken to the Marketing building where I proceeded to wait for the interviewer. I was invited upstairs to a panel of three. There they introduced themselves and asked me to speak. I took the interview more for experience as I knew I was most likely not getting into marketing in the first place and even receiving the interview was a surprise to me. While the company seemed to be well-off and quite a sight in person, I was disappointed to see the interviewers show disinterest in me, due to my engineering background. The interview lasted no more than 20 minutes. Overall, they were looking for a more of a technical product marketer rather than a business marketer. Their job descriptions are very vague, which may be misleading.

Interview Questions
    • What could you do to improve our marketing?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Got a phone call asking if I was interested in the position as an unpaid intern. Gave them a specific time I could interview. Got about an hour interview, week later was offered the position via phone call.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation.

I never got to the interview process. It took 4 months for HR to close the loop with me which is unacceptable. Numerous attempts to contact multiple recruiters went unanswered. I also asked somebody on the inside to forward my resume to the hiring manager to no avail. I still did not receive confirmation one way or the other.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in December 2012.

I had two phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The first interview was set up with the hiring manager followed by a second interview with the lead hardware engineer. I did well in both phone interviews.
         Few weeks later, I was invited for an in-person interview. Initially, I was asked to take a quiz. The questions were on Linux commands, FDMA, TDMA, computer networking, token ring topology, J-K flip flop, resister divider bias, transistor, and timing diagram. I was well prepared and manage to answer 95 % of the questions. This was followed by interview with the hiring manager, lead hardware engineer and two staff engineers. I was then taken to a electronics engineering lab and asked to demonstrate hands-on skill. I was given a circuit board having a blown fuse( that was my first question, is the board working?) and was required to take voltage measurements, frequency measurements and measure rise, fall time. Since, I have been working for two years, this was fairly simple (and best part of interview). Overall, the interview went well. I started at 10.00 PM and left the building at 5.00 PM. The arrangement was fantastic and included lunch with the team.
    It has been over one and half month and I haven't heard back from them yet. I have not even received a rejection letter yet! At this point, I have given up on them and accepted another job offer. EXTREMELY SLOW HIRING PROCESS. I took time to study and prepare for this interview. I was left disappointed at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were on various topics like basic transistor circuit, questions on power supply topology, digital circuits, and PADS software. Panasonic avionics shall ask you to demonstrate hands-on skills in the electronics lab. You should know a difference between rise and fall time, how to use oscilloscope, digital multi-meter, grounding schemes, and causes of components failure. You should also know how to read electrical schematics and wiring diagrams. It is helpful to take a nicely designed circuit for this interview. Be prepared to defend your work in the end.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in December 2012.

HR called me for a systems enginer position. I was asked to write system requirements for an incremental capability to their In-flight entertainment system with a 1 day turnaround. They were satisfied with my document so I had 2 more interviews with 2 different groups that were interested in my skills. Both hiring managers were of Chinese origin, one with very good English, the second was very hard to understand.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions mostly about past experiences and content of the resume. Once they are satisfied with your answers HR will move quickly with the interview process.
      In general I felt the both interviewers are not very experienced as the the interview was without structure and their technical level was mediocre.
      One of the groups hiring managers had very hard to understand English (heavy Chinese accent) and I had to ask him to repeat all questions.
      Salary wise do not expect a high salary, however, since it is the Irvine CA region it could be that what they offer is what the market pays there. Salary for similar position in the SF Bay area is about 35K more annually.

Answer Question

The pay was too low compared to my current similar position, also, Hiring managers did not
    inspire me to want to work with them. so in total, looking at the big picture it did not work for me,