Panasonic Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.5

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Standard interview questions regarding what have you done with previous employers and creating tie in to the scope of duties of the job you are interviewing for. I just spoke to my strengths and talked to the narrative behind my qualifications and experience. I like to use the interviewer as a sounding board to direct how I can better craft my responses. Overall the interview process went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you used the skill set mentioned on your resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very up front and the negotiation was assisted by the salary range.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Panasonic (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Received a call to set up phone interview in which only my background was discussed. Followed by an interview with the Functional manager. The process varies, some of my coworkers had second interviews with the region managers .The background check was the most time consuming event of the entire process. I was given an offer as soon as the background check was complete.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Each functional manager performs interviews for their section. Questions are standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiating phase was very quick. My inexperience in salary negotiations led me to a quick acceptance. The initial offer was very generous.

Business Development Manager Interview

Interview

Torture, pure torture, Took forever and the hiring manager was totally pre-occupied with other things. The employee orientation was a joke

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Panasonic.

Interview

Intensive interview process. Met with 6 different people within the organization

Interview Questions

• What makes us think you will stay here and work with us?   Answer Question

Information Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Panasonic (Columbus, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

I did an on campus interview that was set up by my school. I interviewed with two men who were very easy to talk to and asked the typical interview questions: Tell me about yourself, good qualities, bad qualities, time management, challenging time, etc. I was called 7 hours after my interview with an offer, no follow up interview required.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed for a Software Engineering internship and just as the interview was wrapping up, one of the guys threw down a blank sheet of paper and a pencil, described a program to me, and asked me to write the code for it. So they definitely want to test not only your capability at the job, but the way you react to unexpected situations and your ability to think on your feet.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were absolutely no negotiations. At the beginning of the interview I was told that people in my position get a flat $15/h, "it doesn't go up, it doesn't go down. That's just the way we do things."

Intern Interview

Interview

I was selected from our college's career fair for an interview. It was on-site at their facility which is near our campus. The interview was for a firmware design position. I have a mainly hard-ware design background, so really could not answer the software questions. Then they shifted on to hardware design.

Interview Questions

• What would you have done if not engineering ?   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Initial contact from recruiting firm. I was not actively looking. ID'ed on Linked In. Recruiter setup call with product manager. Face to face follow up scheduled with sales hiring manager (direct report). Call with Sector sales director. Another call with product manager. Asked about industry experience and largely sold on the merits of working at Panasonic. Filled out online form for HR and waited for about 60-90 days for offer. Not much negotiation or consideration for previous income level.

Interview Questions

• No real zingers.... straight forward interview with direct reports.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation or consideration for previous income level. Salary bands were hard set. Negotiated for bonus at signing.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Panasonic (Secaucus, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

What is your advantage and disadvantages? What is your previous experience? Why you think you are fit for this position? What is your most challenge task in your previous working experience?

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Panasonic (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was being recruited by Double Down Interactive in Seattle. Panasonic Intervened and said they would not offer 125k annual unless I made the decision before considering Double Down. So I went. I was supposed to get a bike for work, but instead the boss gave me a rickety bike and I ended up a few days later with a broken arm. He said "Panasonic is out of the loop." I had to pay for the surgery and was eventually evicted.

Interview Questions

• Interview went fine. A little smart remark such as "Okay so you're smart, what about..."   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was $65/hr

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Panasonic (Secaucus, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

I was working as an intern for more than one year. So it was an easy process for me to get in. Panasonic usually hires as interns and then basing on work performance and business needs, they offer full-time. However, salaries are not so great at entry level