Panda Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

GMIT Interview

GMIT
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panda Express in April 2014.

Interview Details – i applied online, then got a digital interview a week after i applied. After i done the digital interview, a manager called me the second day to tell me to have a interview with her four days later. I dressed with business code and had a resume with me. the interview was with two managers and took 1hr to finish. During the interview, i had to answer so many questions that were about anything, such as what have you observed when you were waiting for the interview in the restaurant? what would you like to change or to improve for this restaurant? why you choose panda express? what food do you like from here? can you tell me about yourself? what is manager? what does manager do? whats the difference between manager and co-workers? where do you live? and more questions. Then, they told me how long and how complicate the interview will go. In the end of the interview, they told me to prepare for OJP and another interview after OJP. The next day, I got a text message from the manager told me to check my email in order to fill out a background/ references check. Then, two days later, i got the time and address where i had to do my OJP, also was told to bring two government documents. So... tomorrow I will go with black pants, long black socks, and non slip black shoes to do my OJP. Hopefully its gona be fine, God bless me.

Interview Question – have you applied for other jobs too? what other jobs have you applied? why you choose panda express since you have so many chooses out there? if we ask you to work in another state, would you say yes? .....more.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Team Member Interview

Team Member
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panda Express in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was hired on the spot

Reason for Declining – I did not want to work there.

Server Interview

Server

Interviewed at Panda Express

Interview Details – it wasn't too bad, the guy just asked me where i am from, what i liked to do, and where i worked before. It only took an hour. I then was called the next day with a job offer. I love working here

Interview Question – what's your spirit animal   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panda Express in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, one in-person interview (both with regional hiring manager), one Panda Preview. Interviews were very standard (lots of "Tell me about a time...") -type questions. Preview was basically a stage -- help out on the serving line, in the kitchen, etc. Phone interview was maybe 15 minutes. In-person was basically a rehash of phone interview.

Interview Question – Nothing noteworthy   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Interviewed for general manager, was offered Lead Cashier position to then train to assistant manager position. Significant pay and position cut from my current position, so I declined.

Very Easy Interview

Kitchen Help Interview

Kitchen Help
Santa Cruz, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panda Express in April 2014.

Interview Details – I went to Panda Express a few times because I loved the food, one of the times I noticed on the back of the receipt that they where hiring. This happened to be around the time I was looking for a job so I shrugged and went to their website to apply online when I got home. It was very easy to understand and fill out, took maybe a hour or so.

After maybe a week or so I got a call from the human resources representative and my future supervisor, he wanted to schedule to meet up the next day, I graciously accepted and meet up the next day. We went outside and chatted for a bit, I was nervous but he only asked maybe one scripted question than we started talking and getting to know one another.

It was a very relaxing and laid back experience, after the interview I received an email when I got home requesting I give them permission for a background check and some basic personal information. I filled it out and the next day it was time to come in as I was now officially hired. Had to get a food handling license and what not but that wasn't to much hassle.

Overall the entire experience was and is pretty good.

Interview Question – There wasn't really a difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation I filled out the application expecting minimum wage and started at a dollar extra.

Counter Help Interview

Counter Help
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panda Express in March 2013.

Interview Details – They do a background check. They do not drug test. The whole process took about 2 weeks. The background check took a week and then they contacted me later. The interview was simple but kind of long.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer came up to you with a hair in their food?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview Details – Saw on ad on craigslist and applied online. Was contacted very quickly by the HR Manager where a phone interview was set up for the next following day. The phone interview asked a lot of personal situations at the work place a lot of questions so be ready. After that a web cam interview was set up right away, about 10 questions on the web interview dealing with situations at work and personality questions. I was contacted the day after completion to set up a panel interview with the regional director, area manager, and general manager. A lot of questions asked once again revolving situations dealt with at work, and background. The last process of my interview was the Panda Preview where I toured a store for a day and learned about the Panda Process. I was interviewed for a short period of time again a couple more work situation questions and basic math questions. A very long interview process (about 3-4 weeks) but definitely worth it in the long run if your looking for a career.

Interview Question – How do you feel about firing someone?
Why do you think you'd be a good fit?
  Answer Question

Cook Interview

Cook

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview Details – one interview for me other people go through 3 interviews so be ready but my intervies was a succes because i got hired

Human Resources Representative Interview

Human Resources Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview Details – Phone call to set up a phone interview with their recruiter. Following the phone interview were group interviews with various people in the department. There are about 7-8 interview rounds and during each one there were a lot of repeated questions or the same people interviewing you. Seems like they want to see how you improve from each interview round and any new things you learn about the company along the way.

Interview Question – What if there was no growth in the H.R. field and you could not get a job in H.R. (basically ever)?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panda Express in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. A few days later, I received a phone call. The manager wanted to know if I could meet for an interview that day. I said yes and we agreed to meet at Starbucks. I got there not knowing who I was looking for, so I texted him and he found me. We sat in a couple of leather chairs and just chatted. It wasn't bad at all.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question