Panda Express Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.7

Service and Kitchen Team Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Panda Express in June 2014.

I applied online, and had an interview 3 days later on 06/05/14. I was referred through my family friend, whom helped me with the whole process. I came 2 days before the interview to drop off my resume. I was told the manager was interested in hiring me. I was surprised. I am a Senior in High School, with a lot of community service experience. The manager even signed my work permit, However, Work permits aren't supposed to be sign, unless they officially hire you. I thought I got the job, She even accepted my food handler certificate. I was even told to bring in a school id, and social security card. After that, I waited a week for a call. I called just to ask about the status of my application, 2 times. Each time, the manager wasn't available. 3 weeks past, 3rd time, the manager said that they have been busy with the other stores, training managers and such. She said she would call me back the next day. I never had a call back. My family friend called her on 06/27, she said that I have a SECOND INTERVIEW. On Monday, at the other panda location. I was ready of course, but I don't like how the manager doesn't call me herself. The other manager was nice. I came 15 mins early while he was interviewing someone else. He asked me questions while looking at my résumé, it was great, with familiar questions. I even asked my own questions, how did Panda Express affect you ?, and such. The interview went great, I felt confident. He even asked to keep my resume, AND ask if my number on their was the best way to contact me ! A week past, and I called the manager myself, I was asked about the status of my application, he said positions are full right now, but we'll contact you once available.....

Service and Kitchen Team Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panda Express in June 2014.

I applied for Panda Express and about a week later received an e-mail. They e-mail said that they were having an open interview and to come in around 9 am. I got there 15 minutes early and waited outside until one of the worker finally opened the door. I was the second person to write my name down on the sheet to be interviewed, but was called last. When I was finally called, we went outside to a small table and the interview began. He asked some questions that was not relevant to the job. The interviewer was so rude! His phone rang just as I was about to answer a question. He answered it in the middle of the interview and had a full conversation for about 15 minutes before he came back to me. Then he asked if I had any questions and then the interview was over.

Lead Counter Help Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panda Express.

It is an interview like no other. Very specific. Be ready to share without being asked a lot of questions. The interviews are hard but to the point. Be powerful when you share because you are not just being interviewed for the position you applied but for any other open position.

Interview Questions
    • Sharing about what I would do on certain situations and scenarios.   View Answer

Receptionist Interview

The first step of the process includes a phone interview, the second is an in person interview with the department manager and recruiter. The third step is a trial and an in person interview with the hiring managers.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Panda Express in May 2014.

I first had a Skype interview with a member of HR, which I obtained thru a recruitment agency. I was asked pretty basic interview questions, and was moved onto the next phase, the in-person interview with a Team Leader at one of the locations.

Interview Questions

Didn't fit well into the mold they had set out.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panda Express in May 2014.

I applied online, the next day I got a call to schedule an interview. I had to wait in the eating area. Then it was just a typical interview she asked questions I answered.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness? your favorite store? do you have reliable transportation? Typical stuff   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panda Express in May 2014.

I applied online, next day I received a call from HR department I had an interview over hirevue (skype) she asked pretty basic interview questions all went well. She stated she would forward her feedback to area coach, 2 days later she called me to schedule an interview with area coach, but that I would to meet him in San Diego at noon, I drove out to San Diego 4 hour drive. When I arrived at the location I approached by the regional operations manager , we waited for the area coach to arrive which he was 20min late. Once to the interview started they started with basic questions, about 20 min into the interview I felt the interview took another direction. They ask 1 questions, I answered to best of my ability and I was confronted as to why I answered and say I should of answered in a different manner. After that it went downhill , it went from a interview to a interagation, they ask ask I was enrolled in school or if I plan to take classes, I stated yes I'm taking general courses, at which point they said " then why should even hire you" you won't be focused if give you a job. From that moment on It got even worse they made me feel discouraged every time I answered a question they would interrupt me, I would say they were trying to intimidate me. The interview took just a little over 2hrs.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you were in a argument with your supervisor.   View Answer

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Panda Express in May 2014.

Multiple interviews with many upper levels management from Chicago regions during memorial day weekend at O'hare Panda Oasis. I was dedicated and determine to get the position and cancel my holiday plan. Afterward, I was invited to do a job day interview, where I perform all functions of the restaurant.

Assistant Manager Interview

I had an interview at the store itself. I could say it was casual or relaxed.
    Typical interview questions were asked like, "Why Panda?", "What do you know about Panda?", "What are your long term goals?"
    Then he explained the organisational structure of panda, he explained their culture, what they are.

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Panda Express.

Applied online on the beginning of April. There are 3 interview processes. First, had phone interview a week later. General questions like "what do you know about Panda?" "Why do you want to work here?" " what are your weaknesses?" Secondly, I was invited for face-to face interview two days later. In-person interview was easy. Similar questions like the phone interview. I spent about 10~15 minutes for interview. After that, last process, I was invited for Panda Preview. The day before that, I was asked to complete criminal background application. When I got there on preview day, I completed the rest of application. I worked there for 4 hours including break time. During the panda preview, 3 managers asked questions. I hate that part because they asked same questions like last 2 interviews. At the end of the interview, they would call me in 3 days whether or not I am hired as GM. Today is the 3rd day. However, I haven't received any call or email yet!!! I am nervous!!!! Hopefully I can get a job