Panda Express Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.7

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I received an email about a phone interview and had arranged a time with the interviewer. He is very friendly and helpful on the phone. Asked questions in reference to my resume, and ask how my experience and degree can help me succeed in the position.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panda Express (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

applied online and got a call from HR recruiter. She asked about my general information. It was a interview but not too serious. She told me about panda and how fun working for them. Just prepare general questions like why you applied for panda. I got very good feeling from her.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for panda? Introduce yourself General questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake View Terrace, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Lake View Terrace, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

the manager called me 5 days before and it was at 3pm. i got there 15 minutes before. i had to wait 15 minutes more since they were interviewing others as well. so at 3:20 my interview started. Two ladies were interviewing me. One was a manager and the other didn't tell me. she looked nervous when asking the questions and she would look at the manager to help her out. they both made me feel uncomfortable. they said they would email in a week if i got it, if no email then i didn't get it.they ask a lot about school goals, they want you to decide between school or panda express. haven't heard anything yet.

Server/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panda Express (Fresno, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and comfortable. The person interviewing was very nice and asked questions about you. He really tried to know you as a person. Overall I had a very good experience . Quick and easy.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express in May 2015.

Interview

I went to career fair in my school and talked to panda's employee. They let me did a short interview with them then they asked me to apply online. After I applied, I got a mail from HR decided a date for phone interview. She made an appointment with me but she was late. We re schedule couple times then finally got a chance to do the interview.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (South Florida, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The focus is on who I am as a human and how I can humans relate to each other. Conflict resolution among peers and between customers and employees. Emphasis was on growth and development and being able to be with the good, the bad and the ugly......I also got that there are long hours of standing.

Interview Questions

• How you you manage disagreements between you and your boss?   Answer Question

General Manager In Training (GMIT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panda Express (Fresno, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online via an independent job website and was contacted by Area Coach of Operations 2 days after applying. So the interview was set up at a panda location near downtown Fresno on a Thursday evening. I was not given much information about the interview except for the location and time. I arrived 20 minutes early and ordered their food, just to analyze the restaurant just incase I needed to answer those sort of question, then I waited patiently for my interview, at 4 PM they called me in. In the room was 4 people including the area coach of operations, operations manager and 2 other top roles in panda. The interview was a 4 panel interview in the backroom of panda. The first started if I had anything to give them, so I passed them a copy of my resume and also my business card. in addition I also presented them my project which I did for my bachelors degree in fast casual restaurant. The were friendly and professional, and they dressed casually. For the interview I dressed myself with a formal shirt, brown suit pants, and black tie. The attire that I would wear when Im managing events as an event manager. The first interview question was tell me about yourself, followed by what do you know about panda. Other question that I could remember include, would you relocate, would you stay with the company in the future when you are successful, my healthy diet styles, the person that inspires me. There were a few more question, it was not tough but being prepared would really help, and showing passion. I think at first they did not give much attention, but after that I saw the genuine interactions, the attention they gave me and the smiles and gestures. The end of the interview was if I had a question for them, I asked them what was it like for them in the company, what qualities was missing form the position that they are looking for, from my qualifications. I really felt positive after the interview and I felt I got the job, because they showed positive signs, with genuine smiles, they were paying attention, they gave me a firm handshake and great eye contact, and their questions were elaborate. The interview lasted more than 30 minutes, like 45 minutes. I really enjoyed the interview and I thought i built a strong connection with the interviewers. I was told that they would let me know in one week. So its been a week and I think I did not pass the interview, I did not receive a negative call or an email, I felt they could have at least notify me if they were moving forward after a week, its just common courtesy, however I have to be empathetic about their busy schedules . I was really looking forward to join them and be part of panda, and help their business grow, because for me its not a job, its a passion that I have for the food business and the fast casual restaurant industry. Nevertheless, I think I was passed from the job because I did not have enough restaurant experience in the number of years, although I had a huge experience dealing with customer and solving problems, hiring and training from my previous work. Despite my failure I would work hard to make my way back into panda and hopefully grow with this great company by gaining more experience and proving myself further. I would suggest future candidates to be prepared and impress your interviewer, if you don't impress them don't worry, just persevere and work hard, this is not the end.

Interview Questions

• What steps do you take to having a healthy lifestyle?   1 Answer

General Manager In Training (GMIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panda Express (Fresno, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online via zip recruiter and got a call from the Fresno Area Coach, and I was schedule for an interview the next day. The interview was a 4 panel interview with the area coach, store manager, training manager and operations manager there to interview me. Question were not difficult, they were very happy to talk to me, lots of smiles and was positive through out the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired today what difference can you make to panda?   Answer Question

GMIT/General Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panda Express (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Took 2 months, hi review interview(Skype) and 2 interviews where I had to pay for my own flight twice to California. Once for a panel interview and once for a panda preview were they want you to preten that your already the manager, giving directions to employees you have never met, cook food even if you don't have resturant background, memorize 2 recipes the chow mien and fried rice recipes. It was really hard work extremely faster pace and expectations were unrealistic for a interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your deepest darkest secret that you wouldn't wnat anyone else to know?   1 Answer
    • Why shouldn't we hire you.   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panda Express (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

At first, it took 45 minutes to became my turn for interview. The girl before me, was leaving unsatisfied and nervous. she was waiting too for about 25 minutes. of course the store was a bit busy.The store manager, seemed serious and the staff, were friendly and hard working and polite.