Panda Express Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.7

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panda Express in May 2015.

Interview

I went to career fair in my school and talked to panda's employee. They let me did a short interview with them then they asked me to apply online. After I applied, I got a mail from HR decided a date for phone interview. She made an appointment with me but she was late. We re schedule couple times then finally got a chance to do the interview.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panda Express (South Florida, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The focus is on who I am as a human and how I can humans relate to each other. Conflict resolution among peers and between customers and employees. Emphasis was on growth and development and being able to be with the good, the bad and the ugly......I also got that there are long hours of standing.

Interview Questions

• How you you manage disagreements between you and your boss?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panda Express (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process only took about 2 days. I got a call from a local Pandaexpress restaurant manager and she asked me could I like to schedule a interview at next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Before my interview, I was setting at a table and wait for the interview, so the manager ask me what I observed of Panda Express when I was waiting for interview. Also asked some questions on my resume.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panda Express (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

At first, it took 45 minutes to became my turn for interview. The girl before me, was leaving unsatisfied and nervous. she was waiting too for about 25 minutes. of course the store was a bit busy.The store manager, seemed serious and the staff, were friendly and hard working and polite.

General Manager In Training (GMIT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panda Express (Fresno, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online via an independent job website and was contacted by Area Coach of Operations 2 days after applying. So the interview was set up at a panda location near downtown Fresno on a Thursday evening. I was not given much information about the interview except for the location and time. I arrived 20 minutes early and ordered their food, just to analyze the restaurant just incase I needed to answer those sort of question, then I waited patiently for my interview, at 4 PM they called me in. In the room was 4 people including the area coach of operations, operations manager and 2 other top roles in panda. The interview was a 4 panel interview in the backroom of panda. The first started if I had anything to give them, so I passed them a copy of my resume and also my business card. in addition I also presented them my project which I did for my bachelors degree in fast casual restaurant. The were friendly and professional, and they dressed casually. For the interview I dressed myself with a formal shirt, brown suit pants, and black tie. The attire that I would wear when Im managing events as an event manager. The first interview question was tell me about yourself, followed by what do you know about panda. Other question that I could remember include, would you relocate, would you stay with the company in the future when you are successful, my healthy diet styles, the person that inspires me. There were a few more question, it was not tough but being prepared would really help, and showing passion. I think at first they did not give much attention, but after that I saw the genuine interactions, the attention they gave me and the smiles and gestures. The end of the interview was if I had a question for them, I asked them what was it like for them in the company, what qualities was missing form the position that they are looking for, from my qualifications. I really felt positive after the interview and I felt I got the job, because they showed positive signs, with genuine smiles, they were paying attention, they gave me a firm handshake and great eye contact, and their questions were elaborate. The interview lasted more than 30 minutes, like 45 minutes. I really enjoyed the interview and I thought i built a strong connection with the interviewers. I was told that they would let me know in one week. So its been a week and I think I did not pass the interview, I did not receive a negative call or an email, I felt they could have at least notify me if they were moving forward after a week, its just common courtesy, however I have to be empathetic about their busy schedules . I was really looking forward to join them and be part of panda, and help their business grow, because for me its not a job, its a passion that I have for the food business and the fast casual restaurant industry. Nevertheless, I think I was passed from the job because I did not have enough restaurant experience in the number of years, although I had a huge experience dealing with customer and solving problems, hiring and training from my previous work. Despite my failure I would work hard to make my way back into panda and hopefully grow with this great company by gaining more experience and proving myself further. I would suggest future candidates to be prepared and impress your interviewer, if you don't impress them don't worry, just persevere and work hard, this is not the end.

Interview Questions

• What steps do you take to having a healthy lifestyle?   1 Answer

General Manager In Training (GMIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panda Express (Fresno, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online via zip recruiter and got a call from the Fresno Area Coach, and I was schedule for an interview the next day. The interview was a 4 panel interview with the area coach, store manager, training manager and operations manager there to interview me. Question were not difficult, they were very happy to talk to me, lots of smiles and was positive through out the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired today what difference can you make to panda?   Answer Question

GMIT/General Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Panda Express (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Took 2 months, hi review interview(Skype) and 2 interviews where I had to pay for my own flight twice to California. Once for a panel interview and once for a panda preview were they want you to preten that your already the manager, giving directions to employees you have never met, cook food even if you don't have resturant background, memorize 2 recipes the chow mien and fried rice recipes. It was really hard work extremely faster pace and expectations were unrealistic for a interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your deepest darkest secret that you wouldn't wnat anyone else to know?   1 Answer
    • Why shouldn't we hire you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Interview

we spoke about hobbies and how i work with others we also talked about random things like student run la and track but it was pretty easy and i didn't feel nervious

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panda Express (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I applied online and got an email back maybe a couple weeks to a month later. I came in for an interview and sat down with the manager of the location I applied for and another manager from a different location. The questions were really straightforward. Asked about who I am, why I wanted to work there, my availability, etc.

Property Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Panda Express (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with some behavioral questions. In addition the interviewer asked my salary I thought that was strange so early on in a phone interview. I was asked a series of questions as if it were an in person formal interview. I never received an email or a phone call telling me anything.

Interview Questions

• My current salary to make sure my expectations were within range?   Answer Question