Panda Express Server Interview Questions

2.8

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Panda Express in June 2010.

the restaurant was just opening so there was a mass hiring. Had one phone interview followed by a 1:1. Got a call about a week later with the job offer and started training a few days after that. Overall it was a very simple process

Interview Questions
  • Various scenario based questions about customer service   Answer Question
No negotiation, all hrly employees started at the same rate

Other Interview Reviews for Panda Express

Server Interview

it wasn't too bad, the guy just asked me where i am from, what i liked to do, and where i worked before. It only took an hour. I then was called the next day with a job offer. I love working here

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panda Express.

Applied in stores for the position. Got a call from the manager to come in and interview. What they are looking for is a person who follows their company mission, so google that beforehand. Why you are interested in working with the company. And # 1 trait they look for is a pro active person! In all my years their, that is what they love most and look for in promotions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Panda Express in December 2010.

1 interview which may be aided by a to-be manager. "What-if" questions accompanied by lots of hypothetical situations. Questions about describing yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What if we had to write a paper about animals at the zoo and I didn't want to do it so I left? What would you do? And you're not allowed to do the paper on your own. And I won't listen to you if you tried to convince me.   View Answer
    Ask to start at atleast $9 if you have experience, I started at that pay without any.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Worth, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Worth, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panda Express in March 2012.

1 week of waiting for a phone call, ended up having to call myself. Employer could not figure out how to use the website so I had to come in and help (before I was hired, so no pay). Had to call back because he didn't know what to do after. For the interview, I came in and I learned more about his life than he did about mine.

Server Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Panda Express in June 2012.

I got a call from the store manager on a Wednesday early in the day asking if I was still interested in working at Panda Express. I told her I was and she scheduled an interview with me on a Saturday. She also said I needed to bring a resume. I entered the store at 9:25 am (5 minutes before my scheduled 9:30 interview) and was greeted in a friendly manner by the store manager. We go over my resume and immediately she asks why I wanted to work there.

The manager was very interested in finding a flexible person, even though this was for a part-time shift. She told me that as time passed by and by the quality of my performance, I would be able to progress in the company and take on more responsibilities like cooking food. Also, she commented on how some previous workers could not handle the job and quit around 3 weeks of working there.

Interview Questions
    • If hired, how long would you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation in which you had to confront someone.   Answer Question
    • What would you say to a customer if they complain about the food?   Answer Question

Server Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Panda Express in September 2009.

Very unprofessional hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to take on a leadership role and how did your decision affect the other employees?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to make a rash decision, how you handled it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Worked for Panda Express? Contribute to the Community!