Panda Express

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Panda Express

Interview Details – it wasn't too bad, the guy just asked me where i am from, what i liked to do, and where i worked before. It only took an hour. I then was called the next day with a job offer. I love working here

Interview Question – what's your spirit animal   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview Details – Applied in stores for the position. Got a call from the manager to come in and interview. What they are looking for is a person who follows their company mission, so google that beforehand. Why you are interested in working with the company. And # 1 trait they look for is a pro active person! In all my years their, that is what they love most and look for in promotions.

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Panda Express in December 2010.

Interview Details – 1 interview which may be aided by a to-be manager. "What-if" questions accompanied by lots of hypothetical situations. Questions about describing yourself.

Interview Question – What if we had to write a paper about animals at the zoo and I didn't want to do it so I left? What would you do? And you're not allowed to do the paper on your own. And I won't listen to you if you tried to convince me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask to start at atleast $9 if you have experience, I started at that pay without any.

Very Difficult Interview

Lake Worth, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panda Express in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1 week of waiting for a phone call, ended up having to call myself. Employer could not figure out how to use the website so I had to come in and help (before I was hired, so no pay). Had to call back because he didn't know what to do after. For the interview, I came in and I learned more about his life than he did about mine.

Interview Question – What are your goals in life?   Answer Question

Server

The process took a day - interviewed at Panda Express in June 2012.

Interview Details – I got a call from the store manager on a Wednesday early in the day asking if I was still interested in working at Panda Express. I told her I was and she scheduled an interview with me on a Saturday. She also said I needed to bring a resume. I entered the store at 9:25 am (5 minutes before my scheduled 9:30 interview) and was greeted in a friendly manner by the store manager. We go over my resume and immediately she asks why I wanted to work there.

The manager was very interested in finding a flexible person, even though this was for a part-time shift. She told me that as time passed by and by the quality of my performance, I would be able to progress in the company and take on more responsibilities like cooking food. Also, she commented on how some previous workers could not handle the job and quit around 3 weeks of working there.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Server

The process took a day - interviewed at Panda Express in September 2009.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to take on a leadership role and how did your decision affect the other employees?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when you had to make a rash decision, how you handled it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Worked for Panda Express? Contribute to the Community!