Panda Express

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview Details – A family friend introduced me to this job opening, it took about a 3-5 days to get an interview with the manager. The manager seems friendly and nice; she asked typical standard interview questions. The interview overall took about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Panda Express?   Answer Question

Alhambra, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Panda Express in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and walked in. Got called on a Friday, around 6pm. Came in on Monday for an Interview. I arrived at 10 AM, manager came in at 10:21 AM. She apologized for coming late and put on her hat.She asked several basic questions and told me about the corporation and what the job entails. She seemed very un-energized during the process. She also told me her history and that she worked at another Panda for 5 years.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with Panda Express? What are you doing/ What are your future plans? Who are your former employers? Do you want to work in the front or back?   View Answer

Service and Kitchen Team

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panda Express in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online. They called a few days later to set up an interview. I met with the manager and most of the questions were pretty basic. She said they would call back in a couple of days, but they never called back. I called back a week later to find out the position had already been filled.

Interview Question – What would make another candidate better than you?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Service and Kitchen Team

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Panda Express in August 2012.

Interview Details – I walked into an on-campus hiring event. Recruiters met immediately with students and conducted an on the spot interview. A short application was also filled out during the interview, but was primarily concerned with availability hours and course schedule. The interview questions were mostly geared to gauge how reliable of an employee I would be

Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panda Express in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call for an interview a week later. The interview was very casual. The managers just asked typical interview questions and my availability. The interview was short, it was only about 15 minutes long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Minimum wage $9/hr

Very Easy Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Panda Express in June 2013.

Interview Details – That was the easiest and most relaxed interview I've probably ever had. And also the stupidest. I got there about 15 minutes before my interview was to start and when I went in to the restaurant, the people who were going to interview me were not ready at all. They didn't know my name and had to ask me for my last name because they could not find me in the database. When the interview finally began, it was really relaxed and easy going. The interviewer asked me things about my resume, like where I'm going to school and studying, where I went to high school, etc. Then they asked me "Why panda?" and when I replied, they seemed really shocked by my answer because I was prepared. Overall, they really liked me and was very impressed, but the only issue they had was that I was going back to school in the end of August, so it would be a summer job, while they were looking for a long-term employee

Interview Questions

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview Details – Applied online, got called about a week later for an interview and was asked pretty simple questions like Tell me about yourself, why Panda Express? , do you have any experience?, what are some goals you are proud of accomplishing? What do you do on your free time? etc.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

San Rafael, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panda Express in March 2013.

Interview Details – I found their ad on indeed.com that they were hiring for a Service and Kitchen Team. I thought it would be to serve food on the counter at first but it turned out to be something else. So after 4 days I got a called that they were interested in having an interview with me. I went the next day for the interview and got there 15 minutes earlier, I told the cashier I was there for an interview and she offered me a cup to get a drink. It seemed that the General Manager was training a new employee so it took awhile for her to get to me.

After 40 minutes she came and brought the copies of my resume, she asked me if I had another job and why I was interested for working at Panda Express. She told me about the position as well and specified to me what it was about, she told me said I will be working in the front and back of the house, cooking, cutting vegetables, dishwashing, with 25 hours weekly.
Then she asked if I was interested in the job and I agreed, she informed me that I had to bring black dressing pants, black socks, and black slip resistant shoes and a black belt. They provide the rest of the uniform and the starting salary is 9.25 an hour.

Overall the interview was great and I have to say this restaurant is a pretty busy environment, no matter what position you apply for, you will have to work quickly and hard. The lunch and dinner rushes are the most busy times but once you get practice, things will feel smoother.

Interview Question – Honestly there wasn't any difficult of unexpected questions, I was asked popular questions that most hiring managers ask you. For example, why I wanted to work there, why do I like about Panda Express, if I had any restaurant experience, and what I expected from the company.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted the offer but later on had to decline because I didn't have the documents ready as I thought. I didn't have an issue with my passport in my last job but I did on this one so I applied for an ID which took some time for me to get it. It took awhile and I had to see somewhere else.

Sarasota, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Panda Express in November 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out the application almost 3 months ago and had a 1 on 1 interview about a week ago. The manager that interviewed me told me she would give me a chance. She even introduced me to several members of the staff. She told me that she may start me that week but I ended up calling her at the end of the week to check on the status. Then she goes on to tell me that she had to get my uniform as well as prepare the new schedule. The same day I received an email saying that they needed to do a background check on me, that I need to send in some information about myself via email. She called me and told me that the email had been sent and she would call me this week to let me know when I will be starting. I checked the site today and under submission status it says that I am under consideration. I have no idea what this means but the whole process seems to be a bit backwards and I fell mislead.

Interview Question – What can I bring to Panda Express??   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Panda Express

Worked for Panda Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panda Express Service and Kitchen Team interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Panda Express employees and interview candidates.