Panda Express

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Service and Kitchen Team Interview

Received a call, provided my best overall presentation of myself, and had a wonderful conversation. Got asked specific questions which i was prepared for and gave a great understanding of what Panda Express provides. The interview motivated me to keep on looking for job opportunities because you might be the best candidate.

Other Interview Reviews for Panda Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madera, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madera, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panda Express in November 2014.

I applied online and got a call 3 days later at 11 am. The appointment was set for the next day at 2. After getting there i was offered a cup for a soda. Then we went out side to talk. i showed my letter of recommendation. Then we talked and asked about straights weaknesses if i was motivated and what was one of my biggest mistakes.After she told of her experience. She was very nice and kind. After wards she offered me the job. Now awaiting email for background check.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time i best up the most and how did i fix it.   View Answer
    Pay was 9.50 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panda Express.

A family friend introduced me to this job opening, it took about a 3-5 days to get an interview with the manager. The manager seems friendly and nice; she asked typical standard interview questions. The interview overall took about 15-20 minutes.

Service and Kitchen Team Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Panda Express in June 2014.

I applied online, and had an interview 3 days later on 06/05/14. I was referred through my family friend, whom helped me with the whole process. I came 2 days before the interview to drop off my resume. I was told the manager was interested in hiring me. I was surprised. I am a Senior in High School, with a lot of community service experience. The manager even signed my work permit, However, Work permits aren't supposed to be sign, unless they officially hire you. I thought I got the job, She even accepted my food handler certificate. I was even told to bring in a school id, and social security card. After that, I waited a week for a call. I called just to ask about the status of my application, 2 times. Each time, the manager wasn't available. 3 weeks past, 3rd time, the manager said that they have been busy with the other stores, training managers and such. She said she would call me back the next day. I never had a call back. My family friend called her on 06/27, she said that I have a SECOND INTERVIEW. On Monday, at the other panda location. I was ready of course, but I don't like how the manager doesn't call me herself. The other manager was nice. I came 15 mins early while he was interviewing someone else. He asked me questions while looking at my résumé, it was great, with familiar questions. I even asked my own questions, how did Panda Express affect you ?, and such. The interview went great, I felt confident. He even asked to keep my resume, AND ask if my number on their was the best way to contact me ! A week past, and I called the manager myself, I was asked about the status of my application, he said positions are full right now, but we'll contact you once available.....

Service and Kitchen Team Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panda Express in June 2014.

I applied for Panda Express and about a week later received an e-mail. They e-mail said that they were having an open interview and to come in around 9 am. I got there 15 minutes early and waited outside until one of the worker finally opened the door. I was the second person to write my name down on the sheet to be interviewed, but was called last. When I was finally called, we went outside to a small table and the interview began. He asked some questions that was not relevant to the job. The interviewer was so rude! His phone rang just as I was about to answer a question. He answered it in the middle of the interview and had a full conversation for about 15 minutes before he came back to me. Then he asked if I had any questions and then the interview was over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Panda Express in March 2014.

I applied online and walked in. Got called on a Friday, around 6pm. Came in on Monday for an Interview. I arrived at 10 AM, manager came in at 10:21 AM. She apologized for coming late and put on her hat.She asked several basic questions and told me about the corporation and what the job entails. She seemed very un-energized during the process. She also told me her history and that she worked at another Panda for 5 years.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work with Panda Express? What are you doing/ What are your future plans? Who are your former employers? Do you want to work in the front or back?   View Answer

Service and Kitchen Team Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panda Express in December 2013.

I applied for the position online. They called a few days later to set up an interview. I met with the manager and most of the questions were pretty basic. She said they would call back in a couple of days, but they never called back. I called back a week later to find out the position had already been filled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Panda Express in June 2013.

That was the easiest and most relaxed interview I've probably ever had. And also the stupidest. I got there about 15 minutes before my interview was to start and when I went in to the restaurant, the people who were going to interview me were not ready at all. They didn't know my name and had to ask me for my last name because they could not find me in the database. When the interview finally began, it was really relaxed and easy going. The interviewer asked me things about my resume, like where I'm going to school and studying, where I went to high school, etc. Then they asked me "Why panda?" and when I replied, they seemed really shocked by my answer because I was prepared. Overall, they really liked me and was very impressed, but the only issue they had was that I was going back to school in the end of August, so it would be a summer job, while they were looking for a long-term employee

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panda Express in June 2013.

I applied online and got a call for an interview a week later. The interview was very casual. The managers just asked typical interview questions and my availability. The interview was short, it was only about 15 minutes long.

No negotiation. Minimum wage $9/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panda Express.

Applied online, got called about a week later for an interview and was asked pretty simple questions like Tell me about yourself, why Panda Express? , do you have any experience?, what are some goals you are proud of accomplishing? What do you do on your free time? etc.