Pandora

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Pandora in July 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me for phone screen.
Then the manager called me for a phone screen.
Then there was an onsite interview with 5 people.
People were smart and friendly.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Accepted another offer closer to home.

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pandora in June 2010.

Interview Details – really fun

Interview Question – Whats for dinner   View Answer

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pandora in January 2011.

Interview Details – After being at an extremely even more successful somewhat related start-up company for many years, I wasn't aware of the latest flavor of "interviewing." Basically, someone with the company's .com address is really just a contract outside recruiter that screens you. It's kind of like a driver's test you should study up for when renewing your driver's license after a few years. Had I known I was going to be grilled on a random list of basic to medium concepts (which really did catch me off guard) I would have known to pull out the old certification manuals for the initial screening. My prior job was a perfect match, and I was successful at it. Sadly, I got no true feel about the Pandora company culture or the business model they are working towards. I know all about the 80+ hour work weeks an employee described here.
Sure, I know it's sexy working in the music industry and that attracts a lot of applicants, but don't be too full of yourselves. For budding start-ups, it really takes more of a "family" feeling that drives one to work those long hours to make history happen. Trust me, I've been there.

Interview Question – What does the lsof mean.   View Answer

Worked for Pandora? Contribute to the Community!