Pandora

42 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Withheld Interview

Withheld

I applied online and interviewed at Pandora.

Interview Details – Phone screen led to a series of interviews with managers. People didn't seem like they had the time to be bothered with my interview. A few looked bored to be there. Not the warmest reception. If employees make it seem like they don't want to be there, what makes them think potential hires will want to?

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. Standard   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pandora in February 2013.

Interview Details – There was one interview in Oakland. Two gentlemen from the engineering department conducted an hour long interview. The questions were great and they were kind. The only issue was that they seemed despondent and lacked enthusiasm for their job.

Interview Question – What is Kruskal's algorithm?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Pandora in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initially, I responded to a job posting that I found on LinkedIn. It took about 2 to 3 weeks and I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a very standard initial phone interview. I was told that she wanted me to meet with the hiring manager, but he would not be back to work for another 3 to 4 weeks, because he was out on leave.

Eventually, I was contacted by the hiring manager within about 4 to 5 weeks, and he subsequently scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. Next, the interview process took an interesting direction that I have never personally experienced while interviewing for any job. The hiring manager requested to meet we at a bar. He showed up dressed in jeans and a casual shirt. He had nothing to write on, write, nothing to with, no interview paperwork, and no business cards (because I requested one before I departed). Upon sitting down, he immediately ordered a tall beer, which was eventually followed by a second one a few minutes later. I was in shock, as I have never experienced an interview situation before where a hiring manager started consuming alcohol while making an attempt at conducting the interview. As we continued, his speech became slower, somewhat slurred, and his complexion flushed. For all intensive purposes, the hiring manager appeared to have become intoxicated to a degree.

I tried to keep the interview moving on track by asking some of my own questions about the job and life at Pandora, but the answers that I received were not really on target. I at one point offered the hiring manager my pen and some paper in case he wanted to take notes, and he refused. I was told that my resume was enough for him and was very "helpful". Overall, this experience lasted about an hour. I sent a thank you later on that evening. Then, I followed up a couple weeks later to check on the status of the interview process, but received no reply. That was about six weeks ago, and according to the Pandora website, the specific position is still open.

Interview Question – The most unexpected thing was actually the lack of relevant questions and lack of a professional interview structure/setting.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

Interviewed at Pandora

Interview Details – I was contacted after submitting my resume at a career fair. There was a phone screening part with HR then an on site interview. Met two people on the team I was applying to work for and a manager.

Interview Question – Asked a question about sorting an array.   Answer Question

Billing Coordinator Interview

Billing Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pandora.

Interview Details – First received a screening call from their recruiter then was scheduled for an interview with director and team lead.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. Had a pleasant conversation with the hiring manager and team lead who explained Pandora and the responsibilities of the position.   Answer Question

Sales Planner Interview

Sales Planner

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pandora in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. Happened to have a connection through the New York office, however, applied to the Boston office. Met with several different people: Phone call with HR, phone call with HR manager, met in-person (2hr+) with two people on the Client Services team, took a test in regards to CPMs, etc., phone interview with 3 outer-office people, including 1 skype interview, phone interview with New York team the next day, traveling to the outer office for three back-to-back-to-back interviews

Interview Question – Why I wouldn't just stay with my job in a different location   View Answer

Client Services Interview

Client Services

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pandora in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was arranged by fantastic administrative staff -- very professional, very courteous, very helpful. The hiring team was difficult to pin down to the same date and time. Coming from 40 minutes away, I admittedly was not interested in meeting one person at a time on 3 different days of the same week. Everyone is "very busy," although it seemed like fairly disorganized from my perspective. We landed on a date and time. Hiring manager was fantastic. The lieutenant (peer for this role) didn't ask one single question during the 20 minute interview, merely talked about the working environment and team. Must've had their mind already made up in advance, or I made the worst first impression in history. Seems like a company with massive growth challenges, but incredible opportunity for the business. Lots of employees want to move up the ladder quickly there, so bring your running shoes.

Interview Question – Didn't ask one. Seriously.   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Senior Network Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pandora in January 2014.

Interview Details – Received correspondence from remote company recruiter and was scheduled for phone screening with Hiring manager. Hiring manager was extremely friendly and asked pertinent questions within expected range for position. In person interview was entirely opposite experience.

Interview Question – What are DNS glue records?   View Answer

Campaign Manager Interview

Campaign Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pandora in February 2014.

Interview Details – Overall, I would say it was a fairly quick, straight forward interviewing process. After setting up a brief phone screening, I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview a few days later at the NYC office. The interview was long (over 1.5 hours) but I was able to meet with all 3 of the in-house supervisors that I would be working with, so it was very helpful to meet everyone. Following the in-person interview, I received a lengthy test that I had roughly 24 hours to complete (which proved a bit difficult considering I was employed full time at a different company at the time), which covered CPM as well as gauging my responses to various customer service scenarios. The afternoon after I submitted my test, I received an offer.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty straight forward -- be prepared to talk a lot about your client services experience and daily work habits.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pandora in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen was setup by one of their recruiters through Jobvite. Seamless process and the call happened as scheduled. But I was surprised how short it was (15 minutes tops). The questions seemed fairly structured and very general in nature. At the end of the phone screen, I was told that a regional manager would be setting up a second phone call. But that never happened. I never heard another word from them. It was not until I finally got back in touch with the first recruiter that I was informed that they would be seeking other candidates.

Interview Question – What was unexpected was the lack of information they were requesting at this stage of the screening process. I was all prepared to give them the numbers -- re: amount of business I had written overthe course of a year, sales quotas reached/exceeded, etc. But they didn't ask, nor was I given the chance to speak about it.   Answer Question

Worked for Pandora? Contribute to the Community!