Pandora Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.9

Product Analyst Interview

Phone screening with HR first and then another with the hiring manager. Mostly behavioral questions and resume walk-through. Role expectations. Why Pandora. Knowledge about the products, industries and company histories.

Senior Analyst Product Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pandora in May 2014.

Had a great conversation with a recruiter. She was very nice and very passionate about Pandora. She also seemed to know the team and the job requirements very well, which is a nice change from many "screening" calls with HR (and not from the hiring team). Second call was with the hiring manager who was also great to speak to.
    After the call I was sent an analytics assignment, which, after reviewing it, made it clear to me that the job wouldn't be the right fit for me so I ended the process at that point. It was unfortunate because I was excited for the company an the people I had spoken to so far.

Interview Questions
    • The analytics "homework" was a straightforward assignment to visually represent some data, put some thought into metrics, and draw some conclusions from the data.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Phone Interview. The interview was mainly about your past experiences, and how you can apply that towards the Account Manager position at Pandora. Straightforward question, and they asked you about the desired salary.

Finance Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Pandora in July 2014.

The Senior Recruiter I dealt with was the most unprofessional recruiter I have ever dealt with. All started out fine, we had arranged a phone interview. The day of the interview I receive an email saying something came up and it needed to be rescheduled. Okay, I know things come up last minute. We rescheduled for later that week. The 2nd attempt, I received an email 10 minutes after the scheduled time saying she couldn't make that time work and tried for another day. I said, can we do later that day? She was able to accommodate but only spent 15 minutes talking to me, didn't allow me to ask any questions about the role and then was very short and dismissive. The next day, I received an automated email saying they were moving on with other candidates. Here we are three weeks later and the role is still posted on their careers page.

Sales Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pandora in July 2014.

The process doesn't take long once you've applied whether by internal referral or online.

Phone interview is the first step after being contacted by the recruiter. I can't share next steps as I did not move forward for two main reasons.

I would imagine the next step would have been speaking with the hiring manager by phone. Then from there in person interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Pandora in July 2014.

Applied to the Boulder Colorado position for Pandora. Got an email from a recruiter in California. Prior to being considered for a position they requested I write a small program given a database and a java file. Response time was quick and to the point, which was a pleasant change from the three plus days from other tech companies.

Interview Questions
    • I think this is one of those things where you get to showcase your abilities rather then make a fast turn-around.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pandora in November 2013.

Will never apply here again. The internal recruiter was really lacking in any knowledge about software, finance and pretty much everything about the entire position. After hanging up the phone, I felt sorry for Pandora because this woman is a serious detriment to their hiring process.
    I declined moving forward because the first interview was such a disorganized mess.

Manager, Core Engineering Interview

Pandora is in the middle/end of a phase of rapid growth in the engineering organization. There seems to be process issues still being worked out, and their growth is challenging their cultural desire to maintain a flat structure. In particular, hiring outside managers seems to be a challenge.

Interview Questions
    • The biggest challenge was being interviewed and evaluated by staff members who had never gone through the process (interviewing at all and especially interviewing their potential manager).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pandora.

Had a couple phone interviews before a day-long in-person interview in Oakland. Phone interviews consisted of basic factual questions. In-person interview consisted of 4 hour-long interviews. Each hour-long interview consisted of a few somewhat open-ended questions with whiteboard. When I got stuck the interviewers were pretty helpful, and generally gave me the impression that they wanted me to succeed. Went out to lunch with some of the interviewers and HR at the half-way point, which was nice but it did kind of feel like my personality was being tested.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to express enthusiasm for the product or they won't hire you.   Answer Question

Withheld Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Pandora.

Phone screen led to a series of interviews with managers. People didn't seem like they had the time to be bothered with my interview. A few looked bored to be there. Not the warmest reception. If employees make it seem like they don't want to be there, what makes them think potential hires will want to?

Interview Questions

Worked for Pandora? Contribute to the Community!