Pandora

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pandora.

I had a behavioral phone screen which consisted of straightforward questions about your weaknesses, strengths, etc. After the phone screen, I heard nothing. I followed up 3 weeks later, and got a response that my application was still being processed. After another 3 weeks, I followed up again inquiring whether I was rejected or will move on to another interview, and was told again that my application was still being reviewed. I never heard back. I found it frustrating that Pandora was so impersonal and treated its applicants with such disrespect.

Listener Advocate/Listener Advocate Bilingual (Spanish) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pandora.

Applied for Listener Advocate Bilingual (Spanish) and was tested on my English and Spanish. I passed the English section and failed the Spanish which makes no sense since I have been translating between English and Spanish in verbal and written form for years and I am bilingual and fluent in both languages. I asked for the rubric which the team assessing the exams used to grade writing exams and what mistakes were made and was completely blown off. Since I passed the English section they continued to interview me to the listener advocate position in English. I was called by the hiring team with a phone interview. They called late than the time agreed upon, only 2 out of the 3 individuals that I was supposed to interview were present and the 2 that did show up were not prepared to interview. It was the worst interview experience I have had with any company I have interviewed with either in person or via phone.

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pandora.

I first had a straight forward phone interview with HR. I was then brought into the office to meet with the team. First round was with 2 team members (1 who would be the manager and other who was a manager but on another vertical). They were pretty clueless as to how to interview. It felt like they were barely listening to me and repeating the same question the other asked. Needless to say, I didn't get good vibes from them. The next in person was with an account team member and she was really sweet and asked actual questions. However, at the end they chose to go with someone with more experience, even though I have 3 years of digital media experience - what could be more applicable?

Interview Questions
    • not difficult at all aside from repeating myself over and over   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Phone screening with HR first and then another with the hiring manager. Mostly behavioral questions and resume walk-through. Role expectations. Why Pandora. Knowledge about the products, industries and company histories.

Account Manager Interview

Phone Interview. The interview was mainly about your past experiences, and how you can apply that towards the Account Manager position at Pandora. Straightforward question, and they asked you about the desired salary.

IT Support Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Pandora in September 2014.

First contacted by the HR rep which went very well on the phone for 45 min or so. Then got contacted again to schedule an interview with the IT manager. That interview was about 45 to an hour on the phone which went very well. Then a few days later I get contacted via email to come on in for 3 1/2 hours - 4 hour interview. I was like okay then, I guess I will have to skip work etc. So went in at 2 pm and left around 5:30 yep 3 1/2 hour interview. I met every single IT person in the company pretty much and answered the same questions for each person. Why they couldn't just put me in a big conference room and just have everyone on a call asking me question is beyong me. So anyway long story short the interview process was pretty drawn out but everyone I met (except for one person who looked like they really didn't want to be there etc) was nice. Now the real kicker is the retarded questions at the end, what would you do if you won the lottery? Huh, would you quit your job? What? huh who how and when. How does that have anything to do with an IT job? Moronic. Anyway so about 1 1/2 weeks later I find out the position is being moved to another state lol. What a waste of my time. Long story short I will be using Spotify for now on bye bye Pandora. You make me answer all these questions etc etc then you move the position. Stop wasting people's time. Oh well Spotify for now on. See ya.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you wont the lottery? Would you quit your job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pandora.

Had a couple phone interviews before a day-long in-person interview in Oakland. Phone interviews consisted of basic factual questions. In-person interview consisted of 4 hour-long interviews. Each hour-long interview consisted of a few somewhat open-ended questions with whiteboard. When I got stuck the interviewers were pretty helpful, and generally gave me the impression that they wanted me to succeed. Went out to lunch with some of the interviewers and HR at the half-way point, which was nice but it did kind of feel like my personality was being tested.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to express enthusiasm for the product or they won't hire you.   Answer Question

Manager, Core Engineering Interview

Pandora is in the middle/end of a phase of rapid growth in the engineering organization. There seems to be process issues still being worked out, and their growth is challenging their cultural desire to maintain a flat structure. In particular, hiring outside managers seems to be a challenge.

Interview Questions
    • The biggest challenge was being interviewed and evaluated by staff members who had never gone through the process (interviewing at all and especially interviewing their potential manager).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Pandora in July 2014.

Applied to the Boulder Colorado position for Pandora. Got an email from a recruiter in California. Prior to being considered for a position they requested I write a small program given a database and a java file. Response time was quick and to the point, which was a pleasant change from the three plus days from other tech companies.

Interview Questions
    • I think this is one of those things where you get to showcase your abilities rather then make a fast turn-around.   Answer Question

Sales Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pandora in July 2014.

The process doesn't take long once you've applied whether by internal referral or online.

Phone interview is the first step after being contacted by the recruiter. I can't share next steps as I did not move forward for two main reasons.

I would imagine the next step would have been speaking with the hiring manager by phone. Then from there in person interviews.