Pandora Media Engineering Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called me for phone screen.
Then the manager called me for a phone screen.
Then there was an onsite interview with 5 people.
People were smart and friendly.

Interview Questions

Accepted another offer closer to home.

Other Interview Reviews for Pandora Media

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pandora Media in January 2011.

Interview

After being at an extremely even more successful somewhat related start-up company for many years, I wasn't aware of the latest flavor of "interviewing." Basically, someone with the company's .com address is really just a contract outside recruiter that screens you. It's kind of like a driver's test you should study up for when renewing your driver's license after a few years. Had I known I was going to be grilled on a random list of basic to medium concepts (which really did catch me off guard) I would have known to pull out the old certification manuals for the initial screening. My prior job was a perfect match, and I was successful at it. Sadly, I got no true feel about the Pandora company culture or the business model they are working towards. I know all about the 80+ hour work weeks an employee described here.
    Sure, I know it's sexy working in the music industry and that attracts a lot of applicants, but don't be too full of yourselves. For budding start-ups, it really takes more of a "family" feeling that drives one to work those long hours to make history happen. Trust me, I've been there.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pandora Media in June 2010.

Interview

really fun